Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Finally dyno tuned my car... Highest hp "bolt on" ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Stock heads/cam LS1's will not make that kind of power NA. Regardless the car does run great and makes great power. What I find odd is you make more power then Hio's FBO LS6 but trap what 10 mph less then Hio? I have seen enough setups over the years to know something smells fishy here...and there is only so many bolt-ons you can do. Yes I know all the little secrets, not my first rodeo. Either way congrats and keep them Furd boys on their toes.
So, you basically just called him full of ****, yet still side with him 'cause Chebby pawr. **** me.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Apparently they do. What makes you think they can't?

Are you saying the OP doesn't have a stock LS1 cam and 241 untouched heads?
After your next poo, I hope you return Hammer's **** and ***** to their rightful owner...Hio.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Do you have a vid of your fastest cam only pass?
Here's a pass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPQj...youtu.be&t=418

Keep in mind this is a while back and in competition not focusing on et with no practice.

I feel there's a 9.3x in my current cam-onlysetup set on kill.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on the numbers!
Old 04-14-2016, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Nice numbers man, great job
Old 04-15-2016, 03:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
After your next poo, I hope you return Hammer's **** and ***** to their rightful owner...Hio.
Thanks for contributing Nick!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
Our bolt on ls7 trapped 139. I bet it made close to 540whp.
Nice....i have a ls7. It's been rebuilt because it was in pieces when i got it. Other than 24x and converted to wet sup it's stock. Someday i will get it in there but i love the little ls6.
Keep pushing the envelope!
I intend to! I'll be implementing some of what hammer has did. They are in motion.
135+mph in 200 da
I learned a few thing since that will help. I see 2-3 more tenths in et if I ever get back to it.
You know the story, if the car doesn't sell...
I would love to see you get back to that one.
So, you basically just called him full of ****, yet still side with him 'cause Chebby pawr. **** me.
No need for that in here.....you're not in srk
Old 04-15-2016, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Here's a pass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPQj...youtu.be&t=418

Keep in mind this is a while back and in competition not focusing on et with no practice.

I feel there's a 9.3x in my current cam-onlysetup set on kill.
Man that thing scoots. Awesome job on the car
Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

I am not siding with anybody...nor did I say he is full of ****. I said his car runs good but the numbers seem high which he agreed. I just said that because Hammer and Hio like to get you Furd guys riled up. And it worked because now you are in the Dyno section running your **** sucker.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks.
Most of you guys have street cars that you can drag race.
Mine is a drag race setup that can be driven on the street.

When you and/or Hio got to the dragstrip let me know if you need any small tips.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I find it refreshing when people stick up for each other. Too many people that don't know sh*t like to to jump on the bandwagon and run their mouths. That's the easy way out.
If they would just open their eyes they would learn something. It's all out there.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I find it refreshing when people stick up for each other. Too many people that don't know sh*t like to to jump on the bandwagon and run their mouths. That's the easy way out.
If they would just open their eyes they would learn something. It's all out there.
I don't think anybody is jumping on a bandwagon. People just know that certain people are kinda vague and don't come off as honest sometimes. So its hard to take them at there word is all. Sometimes you have to take everything into account even the source.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey vetteboy2k, What was your combo when you ran that 10.0@135mph. I think you stated bolt ons only correct? Was that a factory stock longblock and intake? Also, what was the raceweight? I always forget you have the Ls corvette! Whatever the mods, damn impressive.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

It's crazy how much info is in this thread already. Even though Hammer didn't "reveal his secret" on this thread lol, I've gotten a lot of info just from reading all the responses. It's great. And just because the engine has been out 19 years doesn't mean everyone has done it all. Not many guys are willing to patiently wait for power like the OP and some of the others here that have contributed on stock internals setups. It's so easy to add a cam or heads, nitrous, supercharger. And probably cheaper too.

And I don't know Hammer at all. Just getting back into my ls1 again the past year or two. I PM'd him right after this thread went up which was before it got crazy. And he gave me a bunch of tips. Pretty easy to find out.

Vetteboy you have some pretty sick setups too
Old 04-15-2016, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

+1!
Thanks.
Most of you guys have street cars that you can drag race.
Mine is a drag race setup that can be driven on the street.

When you and/or Hio got to the dragstrip let me know if you need any small tips.
We would love that. Be cool if we could all get on the same track someday.
Amen!
Originally Posted by 98_WS6_M6
It's crazy how much info is in this thread already. Even though Hammer didn't "reveal his secret" on this thread lol, I've gotten a lot of info just from reading all the responses. It's great. And just because the engine has been out 19 years doesn't mean everyone has done it all. Not many guys are willing to patiently wait for power like the OP and some of the others here that have contributed on stock internals setups. It's so easy to add a cam or heads, nitrous, supercharger. And probably cheaper too.

And I don't know Hammer at all. Just getting back into my ls1 again the past year or two. I PM'd him right after this thread went up which was before it got crazy. And he gave me a bunch of tips. Pretty easy to find out.

Vetteboy you have some pretty sick setups too
There has been a evolution of ls parts/info that has really been kinda slow coming. But I have said many times there is a pile of info/results out there now. If someones bolt on ls1 is stuck in the 13s or their h/c car runs 12s it's no ones fault but their own these days. I recommend guys push their bolt on set-ups till they see 11's before internal mods....they will learn more and their car should reap the results of the heads and/cam
Old 04-15-2016, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...and my cam only ls6 made well over 500 rwhp thru 4.10's.
I saw your 575rwhp thread on Yellow Bullet and here and to be honest I have a certain degree of scepticism with some stock bottom end NA "bolt ons" and "cam only" hp claims being quoted in those and this thread. I'm not a total disbeliever but I'm certainly on the fence I'm sorry, they must be some really efficient "stock" bottom ends.

I don't doubt that an NA 346 cube can make that kind of power, I'm just not totally convinced through even "optimised" accessories and drivetrain with an untouched factory cylinder head that flows 260CFM and a HR cam with no vacuum pump. A better set of heads, intake and SR cam it's absolutely doable I'm sure. Your combo must have some super impressive VE figures and that camshaft seems to idle pretty docile in the video to me for the RPM's your using to both make and run those numbers cam only.

However I've got to give full credit where it's due and that Vette sure does leave the start line hard and you sir sure as hell can pedal the damn thing. Props to you for setting it up and driving it the way you do to run the times it does however you achieve them. HioSSilver as well for his pass that I watched in another thread that I found, some well driven fast manual cars there for sure.

Jason.

Last edited by Jase01; 04-15-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris25
I don't think anybody is jumping on a bandwagon. People just know that certain people are kinda vague and don't come off as honest sometimes. So its hard to take them at there word is all. Sometimes you have to take everything into account even the source.
Fair enough. But people shouldn't confuse vague and private with dishonest.
To each his/her own. I never judge a person by how much he/she wants to share on their own personal stuff. Everyone has their own reasons and that's cool with me. There's often more to it and more people involved with regard to sharing info.
People do jump on the bandwagon all the time not necessarily in this instance but in general because they are afraid to learn.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nostang
Hey vetteboy2k, What was your combo when you ran that 10.0@135mph. I think you stated bolt ons only correct? Was that a factory stock longblock and intake? Also, what was the raceweight? I always forget you have the Ls corvette! Whatever the mods, damn impressive.
Thanks. Factory stock longblock with a fast 90 and ls2 TB.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98_WS6_M6
It's crazy how much info is in this thread already. Even though Hammer didn't "reveal his secret" on this thread lol, I've gotten a lot of info just from reading all the responses.
Exactly. Most all the info is out there, you just may have to read a little.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jase01
I saw your 575rwhp thread on Yellow Bullet and here and to be honest I have a certain degree of scepticism with some stock bottom end NA "bolt ons" and "cam only" hp claims being quoted in those and this thread. I'm not a total disbeliever but I'm certainly on the fence I'm sorry, they must be some really efficient "stock" bottom ends.

I don't doubt that an NA 346 cube can make that kind of power, I'm just not totally convinced through even "optimised" accessories and drivetrain with an untouched factory cylinder head that flows 260CFM and a HR cam with no vacuum pump. A better set of heads, intake and SR cam it's absolutely doable I'm sure. Your combo must have some super impressive VE figures and that camshaft seems to idle pretty docile in the video to me for the RPM's your using to both make and run those numbers cam only.

However I've got to give full credit where it's due and that Vette sure does leave the start line hard and you sir sure as hell can pedal the damn thing. Props to you for setting it up and driving it the way you do to run the times it does however you achieve them. HioSSilver as well for his pass that I watched in another thread that I found, some well driven fast manual cars there for sure.

Jason.
Thanks, I appreciate your opinion.

Back on topic about Hammer's killer bolt-on setup.
Sorry to Hijack.

Quick Reply: Finally dyno tuned my car... Highest hp "bolt on" ls1?