Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Mamo Motorsports LS7 package / 200+ RWHP Gain!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

As always nicely done Tony, you certainly know how to coax the power out of these motors!
Old 12-24-2017, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

No throw in a LLSR
Old 12-24-2017, 06:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 383 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
No throw in a LLSR
What's impressive is I didn't have to....LOL....isn't that the point?!

Most guys just want to wash their car and occasionally change their oil.....also a LLSR would be less beneficial in my stuff because I run short travel HR lifters which dont give up as much net lift and duration as a typical OEM lifter with way more internal bleed down and 4X the travel in the plunger.

Im not saying an LLSR wouldn't boost the numbers in one of my combo's....it certainly would....mainly from the increase in ramp rate of the cam profile and added lift...but if you know what your doing with a short travel HR set-up and have the right complimenting parts (light valves and the right springs), the jump to an SR is really only for the hardcore guys that don't want to leave anything on the table. I get perfect valve control with all my HR builds and the valvetrain is stable to 7500 or so. In fact most of my dyno curves look like an SR is installed in the engine.

Happy Holidays guys!

-Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:29 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Awesome Tony! I can’t wait to get my Chevelle buttoned up and off to a chassis dyno. With every thread I read about your packages, both here and CF as well, I get more and more excited about what we’ve been working on for the last year.
Merry Christmas to you as well!

Quick Reply: Mamo Motorsports LS7 package / 200+ RWHP Gain!!