Frustrated with forged bottom end H/C results. - Page 6 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Frustrated with forged bottom end H/C results.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:45 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
Thank you sir.....hard to argue theory when people have proven otherwise with real world results.
Exactly!
Old 10-23-2018, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Thank you sir.....hard to argue theory when people have proven otherwise with real world results.
I lold at this! How many times we see people take actual events and cannot figure out how to make them work in theory ...
Old 10-23-2018, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRT8.Acelleration View Post
so you spent how much $$ for 14hp? And you need to drive the car around for awhile, then dyno it again, when the adaptives update your gains will probably be none. Put 2-300 miles on it and dyno again. I see the same crap with cold air kits, customer does a pull, then install CAI does pull, wow 10hp!! after a week redyno and HP/TQ is maybe 3-4 hp up after adaptives updated. It's all math, your cylinder head is only going to flow what the throat/valve will allow, period. If you gained more power it was due to the fact your heads wanted more intake flow, what does your midrange TQ curve look like after intake was swapped, did midrange drop? but I seriously doubt a street / strip car with LS1 CID would require a 102/102 unless your running a quality aftermarket heads and aggressive cam, and even then the cost to HP that a 92/92 vs 102/102 doesnt make sense, save the extra money for the 102/102 and buy other parts that make a bigger difference.

Wait. Wut? Do You Even Tune? If you do, then you'd know this is false or your just not a good tuner/inexperienced.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r View Post
I lold at this! How many times we see people take actual events and cannot figure out how to make them work in theory ...
I deal with EMI/EMC for work....you should see people's heads explode when I show them some fixes for emissions/immunity and they say that's not possible based on the math
Old 10-31-2018, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Its pretty bizarre when bolt-on stock cube LS1's benefit from Fast102's over any other "smaller" intake and some people still think Fast102's are too much for a stock cube h/c LS1. Especially when there's tons of proven 346ci LS1 Fast102 combos out there.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by R6cowboy View Post
Its pretty bizarre when bolt-on stock cube LS1's benefit from Fast102's over any other "smaller" intake and some people still think Fast102's are too much for a stock cube h/c LS1. Especially when there's tons of proven 346ci LS1 Fast102 combos out there.
Some people listen to podcasts cause they host big names so they must automatically know everything..... instead of actually building and trying stuff themselves.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Same thing with 1 7/8" headers. Too big for an LS1 they said and now everyone runs them.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Youd be surprised at the amount of "tuners" that cant make a 102 setup work, cable or dbw. I guess its because they cant find another tune to copy is my guess.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
...I guess its because they cant find another tune to copy is my guess.
I will say that any aftermarket throttle body, especially the china ones that dont have a hole in the throttle blade and a tiny IAC are just asking for trouble to try to get it to idle right.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

i logged my stock firehawk for fun. Its a firehawk so it has a catback and black wing lid stock

the map at WOT was at 97 at 2000 rpm in 2nd, then by 5800 in 3rd it was at 91. Crazy
Old 11-02-2018, 11:12 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Originally Posted by big hammer View Post

i logged my stock firehawk for fun. Its a firehawk so it has a catback and black wing lid stock

the map at WOT was at 97 at 2000 rpm in 2nd, then by 5800 in 3rd it was at 91. Crazy
Race me Bih
Old 11-02-2018, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mavn View Post
Race me Bih
okie dokie
Old 11-02-2018, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
I will say that any aftermarket throttle body, especially the china ones that dont have a hole in the throttle blade and a tiny IAC are just asking for trouble to try to get it to idle right.
yes yes and more yes.........I've exhausted about 90% of my tuning skill trying to make a knockoff 102 mm throttle body behave in idle conditions with an LsxRT intake manifold. Not an easy task, a few more ideas to try but the bag of tricks is getting pretty light. Proportional airflow and/or rolling idle are the last of the avenues I have left to play with in more detail...the VE table and spark have been perfected and stay consistent spark and afr wise when surges appear. This is on a cammed 6.0. Yes the undersized iac port is the #1 problem without a doubt. The dbw guys have it better.

The same setup but with a stock truck intake and tb (same cam) had perfect driveability when I tuned it 3 years ago. Even the 92 mm tb on the stock truck intake introduced a whole new bag of issues with surging and starting, the iac port just couldn't supply the right amount of air the ecu was thinking was being fed to the engine.

Last edited by foxsl; 11-02-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foxsl View Post
yes yes and more yes.........I've exhausted about 90% of my tuning skill trying to make a knockoff 102 mm throttle body behave in idle conditions with an LsxRT intake manifold. Not an easy task, a few more ideas to try but the bag of tricks is getting pretty light. Proportional airflow and/or rolling idle are the last of the avenues I have left to play with in more detail...the VE table and spark have been perfected and stay consistent spark and afr wise when surges appear. This is on a cammed 6.0. Yes the undersized iac port is the #1 problem without a doubt. The dbw guys have it better.

The same setup but with a stock truck intake and tb (same cam) had perfect driveability when I tuned it 3 years ago. Even the 92 mm tb on the stock truck intake introduced a whole new bag of issues with surging and starting, the iac port just couldn't supply the right amount of air the ecu was thinking was being fed to the engine.
drill or port the iac hole to 1/2 diameter. Then use your stock iac table, copy it. Move it over one space. This did it for my China 92
Old 11-03-2018, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post

drill or port the iac hole to 1/2 diameter. Then use your stock iac table, copy it. Move it over one space. This did it for my China 92
I've drilled a hole already, what size did you make your hole? I hogged out the iac passage on my Fast 92 mm knockoff and it still wasn't perfect by any stretch. The throttle blade hole was probably a bit too small but let me know the size you went with.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foxsl View Post
I've drilled a hole already, what size did you make your hole? I hogged out the iac passage on my Fast 92 mm knockoff and it still wasn't perfect by any stretch. The throttle blade hole was probably a bit too small but let me know the size you went with.

i ported it as big as I could and ended up just being able to fit a 1/2 drill bit in the hole.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

I personally don’t think you need to get caught up dyno numbers. My last car made 346 to the tire on one dyno and 331 to the tire on another and ran 11.30’s consistently. Take it to the track and see what it does. My car weighed 3480 with me in and 3/4 tank of gas and had the factory suspension on it when I ran those times. So don’t let the number fool you my man. The setup on that car was a BTR stage 3 cam, stock 799 heads, ls6 intake, phab x-pipe dumped, 1 3/4 pacesetters, chris1313 a/c version ram air, and a 4K FTI converter that hit at 4400.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: