C5 514 rwhp . Sbe ls6 243 heads - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

C5 514 rwhp . Sbe ls6 243 heads

Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A View Post
On a Mustang dyno, doesn't the operator have to input a value for the vehicles weight and an aerodynamic drag factor?

​​​​​​Maybe a typo occurred entering the weight say something like 308 pounds instead of 3080 pounds.
that stuff effects the way the dyno acts in simulation mode, not doing a pull. I know this to be true because. For example, I was pulling a C5 vette but the dyno was setup for a Challenger. Power numbers were the same when I put the correct vehicle in. MD typically read about 16% lower than a dyno jet. We use a math channel to show dyno jet numbers. I got tired of customers complaining why their car didnt make the numbers the internet said it should.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can also change how long the pull is. The longer the pull is, the more data you get but it loads the **** out of the car. I pull most cars 6 seconds. It depends on the car, gearing and power output.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: