Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Mustang Vs. Dyno jet

Old 02-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Vs. Dyno jet

Which dyno is most accurate? Which reads higher? How much higher? I'm curious because I've dynoed my car twice on mustang dynos and one read 327hp and the other 356hp. I guess I'm a little confused. Help me out guys
Old 02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juicedz
Which dyno is most accurate? Which reads higher? How much higher? I'm curious because I've dynoed my car twice on mustang dynos and one read 327hp and the other 356hp. I guess I'm a little confused. Help me out guys
With a Mustang there are many different test that can be ran to get a HP curve. The acceleration rate can be changed to whatever you want to test at, just like most good engine dynos. The rate of acceleration and if you are running inertia only can easily make the large difference in numbers that you got. Find out what accel rates they used at both dyno's then let us know. The slower rate will give the highest number.

We covered some of this in this thread-
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/265130-dynojet-dyno-s.html

Maybe Dynocar will jump in and add something I missed.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Launching!

generally speaking, how much higher does a dynojet rate?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juicedz
generally speaking, how much higher does a dynojet rate?
You will get all kinds of answers to this one, but I have ran some 400-500 HP cars at a controlled sweep test on a Mustang and the numbers were almost identical on a Dynojet. I think alot of people use the vehicle weight input on the Mustangs for Power Curve testing and that will get you numbers all over the place. There is no set difference, but some say 5-10%.

Again, if you want a high bragging number, make a slow pull on a mustang.(There are many other ways also toget a higher number)

The dyno should be used as a before and after test so you will know if you helped or hurt with whatever you changed. Use the same type,(the same dyno is best) the same procedure-accell rate, same weather conditions the best that you can as correction factors are not magic, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang Vs. Dyno jet