Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

BIG cam / AFR 205 results....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default BIG cam / AFR 205 results....

OK...

So its not an F-Body or a C5 for that matter, but I had a quick conversation with one of our customers this morning (Danny Milosavljevic) that recently bolted on a set of AFR 205's and a FAST 90 set-up on a previously tuned stock 346 that was running a big solid roller with low CR and open headers in a sand rail application. The cam was 247 @ .050 and .635 valve lift, but the compression ratio was only around 10.5 to 1.

On a Mustang dyno, his previous "tuned" best HP number was 350 RWHP with his stock LS1 heads and intake (not sure which stock intake)....Anyway, with just the addition of out of the box UNMILLED 205's (66 cc chamber) and a FAST 90, he picked up a whopping 110 RWHP after tuning on the same Mustang dyno. The customer is obviously stoked (as was I) when I heard his results. Whats crazy to consider is he could have been up another 20 EASY by milling the heads for additional CR which would have really complimented the size cam in this particular engine.

Anyway...thought this information would have been some interest to a few of you. Considering the dyno remained the same and the car was tuned both before and after the swap, it looks like just the headswap was worth 80 HP being generous and crediting the FAST 90 for the other 30 HP!!

Would love to see the before and after dyno graghs....Dan....are you out there?? !!

Tony M.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is great and all, but i cant get my hands on a set to save my life! shops are telling me minimum of 6 weeks wait...more like 8+. and i have to pay all upfront. cmon tony make more of these damn things!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
this is great and all, but i cant get my hands on a set to save my life! shops are telling me minimum of 6 weeks wait...more like 8+. and i have to pay all upfront. cmon tony make more of these damn things!
I'm thinking a few of our dealers have some 205's on the shelf. If your really in a bind and need them right away, drop me a line at AFR and I could possibly shake some trees for you....check our website....stocking dealers are boldfaced and let your fingers do the walking!

Tony M.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to see my gains. I have 205's on the way, and will be swapping from stock heads to the AFR's. Only other changes being Injectors, and LS-2 timing chain. Will be a good heads only test to see what the gains will be over the stockers.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone needs 205s real soon send me a pm. I ordered a set a while ago but decided i'm not gonna put them on till my ape shortblock is done, which won't be for a while. They're just sitting at home in the box right now.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P Mack
If anyone needs 205s real soon send me a pm. I ordered a set a while ago but decided i'm not gonna put them on till my ape shortblock is done, which won't be for a while. They're just sitting at home in the box right now.
Hey buddy, I think Zach might be looking for some.

Tony, that's an amazing jump for an out of the box head... It's just a hard decision about where to put the money right now. A stout (not bulletproof) stroker kit can be had for around the same price as your heads.