Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Removed cats and got 1.1rwhp and .8rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Removed cats and got 1.1rwhp and .8rwtq

Just for giggles this weekend I removed my LG high-flow cats. I went to the dyno today and did a quick three pulls. I got 1.1rwhp and .8rwtq. All three dyno runs were within 1 HP or each other. My AFR were the same... Temps were within 10 degrees but my IATs were 5 degrees apart...

I almost postive the LG cats are the Metal-Striate type. They must really be moving some air I am putting them back on tonight....

Old 04-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SideStep
Just for giggles this weekend I removed my LG high-flow cats. I went to the dyno today and did a quick three pulls. I got 1.1rwhp and .8rwtq. All three dyno runs were within 1 HP or each other. My AFR were the same... Temps were within 10 degrees but my IATs were 5 degrees apart...

I almost postive the LG cats are the Metal-Striate type. They must really be moving some air I am putting them back on tonight....

Those are peek numbers you're talking about? What about the rest of the curve? I was at ARE when they had a big motor car on the dyno with cats and then without cats(not sure about brand) but the peek #'s were only like 7-8rwhp and 7-8rwtq however through some of the RPM band I saw over 50rwtq difference and 35rwhp.... It's not always about the peek #'s
Old 04-11-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jim Mills
Those are peek numbers you're talking about? What about the rest of the curve? I was at ARE when they had a big motor car on the dyno with cats and then without cats(not sure about brand) but the peek #'s were only like 7-8rwhp and 7-8rwtq however through some of the RPM band I saw over 50rwtq difference and 35rwhp.... It's not always about the peek #'s

I just compared the graphs in 500 rpm steps, there simply is not 5 rwhp or rwtq difference anywhere in the new graph...

Old 04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Who makes there cats?
Old 04-12-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rawlitogut
Who makes there cats?
I am wrong, according to LGs web site these cats are Metal Matrix Catalytic converters....

Old 04-12-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wonder what the difference would be with stock cats, has anyone tried that?

Bruce
Old 04-12-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hardtop
Wonder what the difference would be with stock cats, has anyone tried that?

Bruce
I am guessing that is where the real HP gains are, going from factory cats to no cats....