Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
And what good are big dyno numbers if you cant even make ur **** run?
For bench racing of course!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JS- with me in my car-my weight 221lbs and a full dressed car is about 3900lbs. That is my race weight. I had her at HRP and checked it. I don`t know what 500lbs gives you in time-I bet its good!!Granted I don`t remember the temp, but it was a hot that night also!!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
10 second playa

More surprising than my dyno numbers is that SilverSurfer has come to my defense LOL.

Now I have to buy him a soda at the track.

JS, from what I have seen, is pretty accurate with his guesstimates.
His opinion means something to me.

I would guess beardWS6 is having teething problems like myself. Hey, it is not easy to get good #s out of a car.
Some people make it look easy and others are lying?

To tell the truth, I would like to Dyno my car somewhere else, it would be like going to the Dr. to get a second opinion. I would be more than happy to average the two runs. It would keep everyone honest.

I would have to do it Anonymously (pun intended) so the shop didn't intentionally give me a low reading. So they can say, Oh look Cartek lied to you, so on and so forth. I would like to go somewhere that is not even on this or the Corvette forum. (too many shop wars).

They can't be too far off though, because Cartek has plenty of H&C cars running in the mid 10's so the proof is there. I think they are still the only shop with a 9 sec NA Vette? Again, I am not running advertising for them but these are the factors that I took into consideration before I put down my hard earned money. They make good dyno #s and they run fast at the track what more can you ask for? It just so happens my car only has half of the equation right now.

You guy's are not alone. Even Cartek said "your car has issues". They know it is making the power, but know my combination is off. We know the problem is in the trans. Unfortunately, I have just about run out of money. The car is a pig off the line.
My peak TQ is around 5100 rpm so the 3200 - 3800 converter is just not cutting it.

I am going to a different converter for sure. I am praying that this one works.

Wish me luck (thanks Jimmy P)
Old 05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

I feel the same about my Vig. It`s not really that good for my set-up N/A. But kicks *** when I spray!! Which is what I do for cars that I need it for. Don`t get me wrong, from a 20 roll she is a beast N/A but I`m in my trq range then. Maybe one day I will change it out for a yank or something. But I`m going to try and get my power to the pavement for now!!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by beardWS6
I feel the same about my Vig. It`s not really that good for my set-up N/A. But kicks *** when I spray!! Which is what I do for cars that I need it for. Don`t get me wrong, from a 20 roll she is a beast N/A but I`m in my trq range then. Maybe one day I will change it out for a yank or something. But I`m going to try and get my power to the pavement for now!!
Beard,

You said your best 60 was a 1.56. Was that on the spray or off?
What is your best 60' off the spray?

At what rpm does your N20 activate?

My N20 comes in at 3200 rpm and I am already moving before it hits so I know my converter is coming in way too soon. My N20 should be spiking my converter up to at least 4000 but it is not working that way?????

ps. I didn't realize how similar our cars are?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Banned

More surprising than my dyno numbers is that SilverSurfer has come to my defense LOL.
I'm just an old softie. lol
Old 05-31-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are yall sprayin through the shifts or no?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:55 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by Wicked_Hugger99
are yall sprayin through the shifts or no?
Yes, I spray through the shifts. My N20 is on a window switch.

I mat the throttle and hang on.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Do we spray thru the shifts? I didnt know there was any other way of doing it.. haha

I just think that you should get your car to a dyno asap and see what it puts down somewhere else.. Those numbers are freakishly high.. There are 6spd cars with mods like yours that aren't puttin down that much.. Yeah every car is different, but an A4 with a 12bolt is a power robbing combo and to be making that kinda power something just doesn't seem right to me...
Old 06-01-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, 1.56 60ft is my best. This is the first time to the track. No adjustments where made that night. I raced it just like I brought it. I feel maybe 1.46-1.5`s are going to be good when I figure everything out. Tire psi and QA-1 adjustments. And alot of practice!!!! I don`t spray threw shifts 3200-6000rpms. My shift is around 6500rpms. It does suck when she falls down alittle and then the spray comes back. Slows my times also. But my tranny loves it!!!I might go alittle higher like 6200 or 6300 when the other cam gets put in.
1Quick I`ve got the dyno sheets to prove the numbers. But I feel no need! It`s seems your the only one bitching about our numbers! And that doesn`t mean much to me!
Old 06-02-2005, 03:49 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by beardWS6
Yes, 1.56 60ft is my best. This is the first time to the track. No adjustments where made that night. I raced it just like I brought it. I feel maybe 1.46-1.5`s are going to be good when I figure everything out. Tire psi and QA-1 adjustments. And alot of practice!!!! I don`t spray threw shifts 3200-6000rpms. My shift is around 6500rpms. It does suck when she falls down alittle and then the spray comes back. Slows my times also. But my tranny loves it!!!I might go alittle higher like 6200 or 6300 when the other cam gets put in.
1Quick I`ve got the dyno sheets to prove the numbers. But I feel no need! It`s seems your the only one bitching about our numbers! And that doesn`t mean much to me!
Wow, I can't believe how much better you are 60' than me?
Our combinations are almost identical? Kooks 1-7/8, Corsa, vig 3800 MD, 3.73 on and on. You just have a couple more bolt-ons??? I can't figure it out???

Quick Reply: H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside