Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TSP PRC "Terminator" Heads go 490 with MS3!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lined up against Term that night a couple of times and also watched on the sidelines.

It was his first night out to the strip with this new setup. As the night wore on his times were dropping very nicely. Just more seat time is all. I'm also sure they'll improve with more practice.

On another note I'm pretty sure you guys are being very conservative with his race weight. The car still had amps and a sub in it, based off of what my car weighed I SERIOUSLY DOUBT his car weighs anything less than 3400lbs and judging from his height and build he weighs between 180-200. His traps are right on par with with a 3600lb raceweight and his trap speeds give or take.

Another variable to the equation is the tune, TSP is still at a lower elevation that Albuquerque. There is easily, I'm pretty sure of this, a few more pony's to be had from retuning the car for ambient conditions.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my first time to the track AND the first time driving it hard with the new setup. I did shift at 6400, prolly should shift at 6800. I don't know what it wieghs, I've removed the front and rear bumper supports, front sway bar, spare tire, and rear seats. But i also added a nitrous bottle, 2 amps, and a sub in a box. The suspension is stock with the exception of bmr control arms and subframes. I have the video of the dyno, and will post it when I get back from having surgery in San Antonio.

Jason is a stand up guy and I take offense that you guys don't believe the numbers his heads put down. TSP has been around for a long time, they don't need to lie to prove anything.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TRMIN8R
Jason is a stand up guy and I take offense that you guys don't believe the numbers his heads put down. TSP has been around for a long time, they don't need to lie to prove anything.
BIG DITTO

You guys gotta be kidding me (the guys basically calling BS on the car/dyno/power ).

END THIS STORY RIGHT NOW:

C6 ZO6'S trap as high as 128 mph STOCK.

Road & Track in THIS month's issue trapped 118 mph in a STOCK C6 ZO6.

Stick shift driving ain't easy to be consistent. Even when you ARE an excellent stick shift driver. Ask Evan Smith

Please don't elude to a lack in TSP'S credibility or ability.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SAE just like both Sean & I told you.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

I'm sure his car as he learns to drive it a little better with the new combo will get better times and mph, it can definitely run faster but not all of us are expert drivers. You guys can take your da calculators and have a seat, until you've raced in conditions like mentioned your just spouting theories of what it COULD have done or what it SHOULD have done! It did what it did and ran what it did on the dyno!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nemisis
I'm sure his car as he learns to drive it a little better with the new combo will get better times and mph, it can definitely run faster but not all of us are expert drivers. You guys can take your da calculators and have a seat, until you've raced in conditions like mentioned your just spouting theories of what it COULD have done or what it SHOULD have done! It did what it did and ran what it did on the dyno!

Do you have a better way to compare ¼ mile passes that are made at different altitudes or in different weather conditions? If you do please share it.

DA numbers and NHRA correction factors are what is used to do that and are accepted sport wide. Because you do not accept them or the results does not mean they are invalid it means that you are not looking at the facts.

I am not saying that the car did not put down 490rwhp and I am not questioning TSP’s or anyone else’s integrity.

An observation was made that the car should have trapped faster than what it did based on the dyno numbers and the contents of this thread which contains data from TSP, the car owner, and many other members.

You all can interpret this information however you want to.
To quote Nemisis “It did what it did and ran what it did on the dyno!”

John
Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JNorris
Do you have a better way to compare ¼ mile passes that are made at different altitudes or in different weather conditions? If you do please share it.

DA numbers and NHRA correction factors are what is used to do that and are accepted sport wide. Because you do not accept them or the results does not mean they are invalid it means that you are not looking at the facts.

I am not saying that the car did not put down 490rwhp and I am not questioning TSP’s or anyone else’s integrity.

An observation was made that the car should have trapped faster than what it did based on the dyno numbers and the contents of this thread which contains data from TSP, the car owner, and many other members.

You all can interpret this information however you want to.
To quote Nemisis “It did what it did and ran what it did on the dyno!”

John
You can't base trap speeds solely on dyno numbers, quite honestly I don't see how they directly correspond. Dynos don't take into account race weight, ambient conditions, gearing, driver ability etc etc.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

To the threadstarter:

Dude, I'm sorry your BAD-*** CAR and your thread has taken a turn like this in the past couple of pages.

Ignore the haters!

Your ride is sweet, fast, and strong. Enjoy it
Old 08-10-2006, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

It'll go 117 once it cools off in Alb. At 7300ft density I think it coulda gone about 114, *maybe* 115. Termy's still a n00b at the track.

I don't spew this out of my ***, I've raced in Alb (8500ft density) down to Roswell (4000ft density) down to Houston and San Antonio in wintertime (-250ft density). The NHRA correction numbers in my experience are dead on.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah the ole dyno number haters club. Take for example my car. 410hp 385tq on a mustang dyno that reads about 10% lower than a dynojet. Terrible track times so I'm accused of false dyno numbers. Haters oh ya I've got a few of them, guy named Phil with a vette for example. A LOT of things go into a good et and trap speed. Experience is one of them, having a big stall and an automatic is the easiest way to race and get good times. Real men shift. My wife drives an automatic.

oh by the way, nice freaking graph!! Bet its fun to drive!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

JNorris removed your most recent reply before I could quote it . . . to paraphrase JNorris: "Noone is hating . . . there is a dispute based on the facts provided in this thread . . . "

That was YOU replying to my quote; so here's my reply:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GHT

EVERYONE on this site knows how to read between the lines.

Facts??? You DO know that if I drove his car in the exact same conditions it would be a different e.t./trap speed right? You ALSO know that if you drove his car with the same conditions that your e.t./trap would be different from his AND mine.

S T I C K S H I F T.

Just like EVERYBODY in a stock LS1 F-body (down to the tires) cut a 12.8 like Smith did

Driver variations.

Besides . . . all this is

All the hating has nothing to do with his dyno-numbers.

Last edited by The Dragon; 08-10-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:19 PM

What are you taking about? I deleted MY post and no one else’s because this banter is going no where and it is not productive. However my post stated the following:

No one is hating….Facts based on this thread are being stated.

John

Originally Posted by The Dragon
JNorris removed your most recent reply before I could quote it . . . to paraphrase JNorris: "Noone is hating . . . there is a dispute based on the facts provided in this thread . . . "

That was YOU replying to my quote; so here's my reply:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GHT

EVERYONE on this site knows how to read between the lines.

Facts??? You DO know that if I drove his car in the exact same conditions it would be a different e.t./trap speed right? You ALSO know that if you drove his car with the same conditions that your e.t./trap would be different from his AND mine.

S T I C K S H I F T.

Just like EVERYBODY in a stock LS1 F-body (down to the tires) cut a 12.8 like Smith did

Driver variations.

Besides . . . all this is

All the hating has nothing to do with his dyno-numbers.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess the main thing that matters is that sean is happy right?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:47 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dragon
To the threadstarter:

Dude, I'm sorry your BAD-*** CAR and your thread has taken a turn like this in the past couple of pages.

Ignore the haters!

Your ride is sweet, fast, and strong. Enjoy it
Tell me where any of my statements in this thread look like those coming from a hater:

Post#3 Sweet power. Post up the graph when you get a chance.

Post#63 2 days and no graph? Lots of anxious people are wanting to see the shape of the curve. Many people have asked to whether the numbers were STD or SAE. Let's see it!

Post#103 Also, do you have a dyno without the spike at the end? That little spike adds about 3-4 additional rwhp above the peak. Real numbers from this graph are probably closer to 485rwhp, but that's still badass!

Post#160 Car probably weighs 3300 lbs with your 9" plus whatever you weigh.

Post#170 A 490rwhp vehicle weighing 3600 lbs should trap around 123 in the quarter at sea level. If the race weight is 3500 lbs, it should trap 124 mph in the quarter at sea level. Add 7300 DA to the equation and the mph will drop around 7-8 mph. That means 115mph at worst and 117mph at best.

With trap speeds of only 112mph NA in 7300 ft DA, this is only 119-120mph at sea level. Certainly strong, but it would suggest some missing ponies. We never did see the dyno graphs showing the SAE correction. Is it possible to post them up?

Post#179 Jason, there you go getting all defensive again. I did not say that your product was sub-par, nor did I even hint that another product was better so RELAX. I merely pointed out that with several runs that night and the best mph being 112 leads me to believe that not all ponies were present the night he ran. Do I believe the car made 490 rwhp on your dyno? Yes. Whether it was STILL making that power at the track is what I was questioning.

Not posting up complete dyno sheets after repeated requests only adds to the confusion.

Now I challenge anyone here to find any hate, jealousy, animosity, or envy in any of my quotes. There is none. I have complimented TSP's efforts from my very first post. Just because I brought up the fact that the track trap speeds don't do a good job representing the strong dyno numbers does not make me or anyone else a hater. Over a dozen people asked for the graph after the news was announced. By the second day of no graph, I stepped in and asked for it again. When the graph did not show the SAE correction, many members asked to see it. It was not produced until today.

When important things are requested by members to lend credibility to the results, it's much easier on everybody to post them quickly instead of waiting for over 2 weeks to do it. I don't see any hate. If you guys can wade through the 5+ pages of replies, you'll see nothing but compliments to TSP and Termin8r for a job well done.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 LME forged 416, Greg Good ported TFS 255 LS3 heads, 222/242 .629"/.604" 121LSA Pat G blower cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers, ESC Novi 1500 Supercharger w/8 rib direct drive conversion, 747rwhp/709rwtq on 93 octane, 801rwhp/735rwtq on race fuel, 10.1 @ 147.25mph 1/4 mile, 174.7mph Half Mile.
2016 Corvette Z51 M7 Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 supercharger, TSP LT headers, Pat G tuned, 667rwhp, 662rwtq, 191mph TX Mile.
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L, A6, AFR 230v2 heads. 506rwhp/442rwtq. 11.413 @ 121.29mph 1/4 mile, 168.7mph TX Mile
2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE, 183.092 TX Mile
2022 Cadillac Escalade 6.2L A10 S&B CAI, Corsa catback.
2023 Corvette 3LT Z51 soon to be modified.
Custom LSX tuning in person or via email press here.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought the MPH was a little low for the power to but then I started think about, Well its his first time out,the weather is bad and maybe he needs more gear to use all that top end HP.(I dont know what his gear is now but I hope its at least a 411/430)
Now think of it this way, This fall when the weather is great and the DA falls through the floor and the car runs 125 @ minus DA then everybody will be like.

TSP will be getting my business.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

He's shifting at 6400 (a mistake with that cam) and probably isn't speed shifting. If he shifts at 7100 or so with some quicker shifts, he'd pick up a solid 3-4MPH. What does 115-116 convert to with a good DA?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This was my first time to the track AND the first time driving it hard with the new setup. I did shift at 6400, prolly should shift at 6800.
yup, that pretty much answers it
Old 08-10-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Patrick G
When important things are requested by members to lend credibility to the results . . .
I don't want to banter with you since I didn't even SINGLE YOU OUT; possibly a guilty conscience on your part Either way means less than nothing to me . . . possibly doesn't mean anything to Sean either.

Jason and Texas Speed & Performance are NOT wanting for credibility to those of us veterans here on LS1Tech. I know where he comes from; and he is given the utmost respect by many racers. If they said it did this . . . than it did this

(JNorris: I've explained the answer to your queries already. I hold no ill-will to you or Patrick.)

Originally Posted by Termin8r
This was my first time to the track AND the first time driving it hard with the new setup. I did shift at 6400, prolly should shift at 6800 . . .
EXACTLY what I was eluding to. A STICKSHIFT is a different animal; I had a VERY similar set-up to Sean's and I shifted at 6900 rpm's.

At 6400 rpm's he wasn't even in the meat of his very FLAT power-band up top.

In other words - his car, driven properly, shifting at 6800 WOULD trap VERY high for the DA.

Some of the posts made in this thread were creating doubt about the thread topic . . . which was just EASILY explained in the above

Again Termin8r . . . BAD-A$$ RIDE DUDE!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am VERY pleased with the car and will be workin hard on hittin the 11 second mark all motor here in Albuquerque. Then, 10's on nitrous.

Once again, a big thanks to Jason and everyone at TSP for a super nice set of heads
Old 08-10-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am VERY pleased with the car and will be workin hard on hittin the 11 second mark all motor here in Albuquerque. Then, 10's on nitrous.

Once again, a big thanks to Jason and everyone at TSP for a super nice set of heads
time for a cage buddy

Quick Reply: TSP PRC "Terminator" Heads go 490 with MS3!!