Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Today's results...dyno tuning at PBJ in St.Louis

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Today's results...dyno tuning at PBJ in St.Louis

Well, here are the numbers from todays dyno tuning session at PBJ. I don't know who Tom's '06 Vette is, but apparently Joe wrote my file over this one and forgot to put my name in there. A BIG thanks to Joe at PBJ for coming in on a Sunday and doing this for me. I'm just glad he didn't ask for doubletime for working today!! Thanks Joe!!

And here are my before numbers (LT's, lid, K&N, & SLP D/D,) compared to todays numbers (Dart 205's, LS6 Intake, 222/226 .599/.614 109-1 cam, and CR bump to 10.95:1) These are XFI lobes for those that are interested.

I was hoping for a little more (maybe 385ish) but my car has always been an underachiever. (and it proved so today) Also, both of these charts were with an unlocked converter....I don't know how much of a difference that makes, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

auto or stick??
Old 08-20-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Auto with the convertor unlocked.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Stock converter? Looks like it pulls good. I have seen threads on the un-locked converter state that it will make a big difference in dyno numbers. How does it pull on the street?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Stock converter? Looks like it pulls good. I have seen threads on the un-locked converter state that it will make a big difference in dyno numbers. How does it pull on the street?
No, not stock. It's a Fuddle 3000stall with a 1.9 STR. When I called John and gave him the specs, he built it with 2.73 gears in mind. I now have 3.42's which don't load the convertor as much, meaning I should have less stall. But...I picked up a few lbs/ft of torque with the new setup, so I think it's evened out a bit. Anyway, my car is my daily driver and I didn't want too loose of a convertor. It made a big difference over stock, but my tuner has a Vig 3200 with a 2.5 STR and it pulls quite a bit harder than mine does.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That is a good dyno sheet from that shop, they used maximum smoothing for the most accurate numbers and stated SAE corrections. When it comes to unlocked aftermarket converters, good luck trying to estimate FW numbers. The only thing you can do is compare before and after numbers with a given drivetrain combo.

Quick Reply: Today's results...dyno tuning at PBJ in St.Louis