Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The torquer 3
Old 09-25-2006, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Then would you care to explain this a4 locked graph here:

Same heads & completely different torque. PRC heads ship with cnc ports & a cnc valve job to insure consistant results with every set!

Is that date correct on the graph? Cause in late 2004 you guys didn't even have a running CNC did you? Let alone this new PRC LS6 head? Unless the dyno graph is the prototype hand finished units?

I have also seen poor valve seat concentricity cause poor torque, I see that you have a CNC valve job, what type of seat and guide machine would that be?

You say every set ships with CNC valve job, isn't the valve job an optional upgrade on these heads?

What about my original question

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
what is the port volume on those you have?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
The torquer 3
Wouldn't that make up for some of the torque too?

Curious about the date also, as version 3 of the cam just recently came out?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
At peak, what about under the curve? 15 is very good, I don't see people typially get that much. A friend of mine w/ an AFR 205 head - 224/228 cam combo only got 9 from an unported 90 & a 90mm TB over his stock stuff. It is an A4 C5 w/ a stall & full bolt ons.
I lost nothing under the curve and started to gain at 4k
Old 09-25-2006, 04:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate your concern about our products, but I think maybe it would be best if you worried about your own products. The graph was printed with the wrong date because the computers date was wrong. If you'd like discuss each others products we can do that, I have Mike Tokar's supposed super duper TEA ported Dart's here that flow FAR, FAR from what you quoted.

I appreciate your concern about our valve job, it has been dyno tested time & time again. Infact we have dyno tests in next months GM High Tech incase you'd like to see some results. Our CNC LS6 heads have been tested many times. If you have any questions on them you might also talk to Casey @ the School of Automotive Machinist. He recently flow tested one at over 315cfm @ .600 lift! Not bad for a set of $1000 heads that pickup 50+ flywheel horsepower with stock compression! Rest assured our valve job works just fine on that set of heads just like every other set that ships. The beauty of our seat & guide machine is that we can reproduce a valve job design consistantly everytime, and even make instant angle changes.

Attempting to discredit other vendors products... Nice...

If you'd like to discuss this, feel free to contact me personally, instead of attempting to discredit my products on the internet.

Jason
Texas Speed
www.texas-speed.com

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Is that date correct on the graph? Cause in late 2004 you guys didn't even have a running CNC did you? Let alone this new PRC LS6 head? Unless the dyno graph is the prototype hand finished units?

I have also seen poor valve seat concentricity cause poor torque, I see that you have a CNC valve job, what type of seat and guide machine would that be?

You say every set ships with CNC valve job, isn't the valve job an optional upgrade on these heads?

What about my original question
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 09-25-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Those are great numbers for an unlocked auto anyway you slice it. If you want bigger dyno numbers simply find out why the convertor wont lock....That is a problem in itself anyway. If the convertor doesnt lock it could be a bad lock up clutch and it WILL cost you a tranny eventually if you drive it without lockup up in Overdrive.

As for TEAs comments: This is an obvious attempt to discredit a competitors product with no basis. ESPECIALLY since the car was an unlocked auto and STILL produced very good numbers. I dont think the comments could have been made without malicious intent. If they were, it certainly shows said attacks were made by someone with little knowledge.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
I appreciate your concern about our products, but I think maybe it would be best if you worried about your own products. The graph was printed with the wrong date because the computers date was wrong. If you'd like discuss each others products we can do that, I have Mike Tokar's supposed super duper TEA ported Dart's here that flow FAR, FAR from what you quoted.

I appreciate your concern about our valve job, it has been dyno tested time & time again. Infact we have dyno tests in next months GM High Tech incase you'd like to see some results. Our CNC LS6 heads have been tested many times. If you have any questions on them you might also talk to Casey @ the School of Automotive Machinist. He recently flow tested one at over 315cfm @ .600 lift! Not bad for a set of $1000 heads that pickup 50+ flywheel horsepower with stock compression! Rest assured our valve job works just fine on that set of heads just like every other set that ships. The beauty of our seat & guide machine is that we can reproduce a valve job design consistantly everytime, and even make instant angle changes.

Attempting to discredit other vendors products... Nice...

If you'd like to discuss this, feel free to contact me personally, instead of attempting to discredit my products on the internet.

Jason
Texas Speed
www.texas-speed.com
Well Jason, I asked a couple of questions about what might be causing this guys low torque, and you attacked my product by saying it flows "FAR, FAR" less then we say. I didn't talk about your LS6 heads that we had in here that had a HOLE in the pushrod pinch where it had been ported through, I didn't talk about the very same type of heads that have broken the intake rocker boss off the head at GMMG, nope, I just asked a couple of questions, based on problems I have seen in the past with our own products before we got a handle on some issues. I was simply trying to give some clues as to what might be causing problems.

So if you would like to go tit for tat on who has better products and the most problems, bring it.....
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bye Bye
Old 09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

My 00....Long time no see! Those seat skins look good, I can't wait to get them installed.

This is pretty funny, I'm looking at the torquer cam, along with some LS6 heads I just picked up (and I'm planning on having decked!). Steve said he was doing heads and cam for you, I didn't know it was the same setup I was considering!

Good numbers....I'm aiming for 425-450rwhp and tq with my M6.....so it sounds like I'll be pretty close since you're using an unlocked coverter in your numbers.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Those are great numbers for an unlocked auto anyway you slice it. If you want bigger dyno numbers simply find out why the convertor wont lock....That is a problem in itself anyway. If the convertor doesnt lock it could be a bad lock up clutch and it WILL cost you a tranny eventually if you drive it without lockup up in Overdrive.

As for TEAs comments: This is an obvious attempt to discredit a competitors product with no basis. ESPECIALLY since the car was an unlocked auto and STILL produced very good numbers. I dont think the comments could have been made without malicious intent. If they were, it certainly shows said attacks were made by someone with little knowledge.
The car locks the converter on teh street just can't lock on the dyno through the computer I was told. I guess it doesn't matter on Dyno #'s. I was just curious to what I was losing.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by my 00 vette
The car locks the converter on teh street just can't lock on the dyno through the computer I was told. I guess it doesn't matter on Dyno #'s. I was just curious to what I was losing.
You can lock it on the dyno with tuning software, FWIW, but thats the only way (that I know of)
Old 09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
How high was it being revved?

The 90/90 will show most gains from 5500rpm and above, so if the stock shift point and rpm limter are in place I wouldn't expect much gain.

And from the dyno results I've seen the 90/90 should match a LS6 100% if not a little better all the way from 2000rpm up, right until it starts making more.
If you have stock cubes, the fast will kill low-end, not worth it unless your an M6 looking for every bit of performance at the track. This intake is meant for stroker motors. Stick with an ls6 intake
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Billdog350
My 00....Long time no see! Those seat skins look good, I can't wait to get them installed.

This is pretty funny, I'm looking at the torquer cam, along with some LS6 heads I just picked up (and I'm planning on having decked!). Steve said he was doing heads and cam for you, I didn't know it was the same setup I was considering!

Good numbers....I'm aiming for 425-450rwhp and tq with my M6.....so it sounds like I'll be pretty close since you're using an unlocked coverter in your numbers.
Glad you're happy with the skins. I think if you have headers and LS6 intake you in for 425-430. Fun cam. Pulls nice with my 100 shot too. Keep me posted.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
If you have stock cubes, the fast will kill low-end, not worth it unless your an M6 looking for every bit of performance at the track. This intake is meant for stroker motors. Stick with an ls6 intake
No it wont. You'll actually gain throughout the band with the Fast 90.....especially with a properly ported Fast, as done by Tony M.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
You can lock it on the dyno with tuning software, FWIW, but thats the only way (that I know of)

Slowhawk tried to lock it a few times and would not. Maybe something is wrong with the converter. Nothing he did or didn't do. All the products/installation and tuning went great. Connecticut Corvette did the install. Nice work Steve. Make an appointment and save some money.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't lose anything.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy gianorous graph batman!!! Good numbers man, seems similar to mine!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry it took so long to find this. The torque #'s are low because we were blowing through the converter.It's not the Combo,just a bogus torque reading.For some reason my computer has problems locking 00 cars.I'll have to look into it.If it was locked the HP and torque would be up alot.

Here is the graph.No tricks,right off the street from tuning.
Attached Thumbnails TSP Stage 1 heads, Torquer 2 Dyno #'s-matt-.jpg  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I assume you are making this assuption based on NOTHING??? Can you provide any proof to back up your claim?

Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

Every body knows that numbers through autos on stalled cars are not a good means to measure performance. Every converter is different and regardless when you lock one up the torque will suffer thats the nature of the beast. You can't attribute the TQ #'s solely on the heads in this setup, thats not the reason for the lower #'s.

Even if slowhawk could get the lockup perfect he probably wouldn't see much more. Plus this is in a Vette so the IRS will hurt a little as well.

Those are respectable numbers for the setup. Don't worry she'll move.

My recommendation on the FAST intake on this car....Do it. Even if you lost a little down low (which you will NOT), the torque multiplication will negate those effects.