Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

M6 @280hp with boltons NA w/13.9 A/F!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin2001formula
Descreening a maf might give you a 1/2 hp boost on a dyno. It is there to keep **** out of your engine. I would definetely put it pack in or get a new maf with a screen. By the way the bigger ones like the 85mm from slp are useless as well and can cause the car to run lean.

The filter keeps **** out of your engine...the screen straightens airflow to improve readings...I have a descreened maf, no problems....
Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuner@Straightline
I'll have to check on my laptop at home, but I believe that your year F-body doesn't enter power enrichment til 5500rpm. So above that RPM it's not adding any fuel, just going off what the MAF is reading. As far as descreening, when tuned properly, it doesn't matter, aftermarket, stock, descreened, they'll all work. I've seen SLP MAF's nearly dead on, and I've seen stock ones off by as much as 12% in some places, and vice versa. I don't think it's the fuel pump, the either work or not, but it'd be a good idea to check the fuel filter.

PE entry is determined by tps %.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
PE entry is determined by tps %.
X2 - the RPM and MAP settings are overrides, not what determines PE entry.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie

The filter keeps **** out of your engine...the screen straightens airflow to improve readings...I have a descreened maf, no problems....

x2, i dont have a descreened maf however, purley because theres no reason to do it in my eyes, id rather have my airflow readings be straightened out before reaching the maf wire than have a 1/2 horse on the dyno

Search this Thread