Notices
Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

408 results part II

Old 01-24-2019, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why oh why, are using a distributor?? Coil on plug is SO much better..
Old 01-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
Why oh why, are using a distributor?? Coil on plug is SO much better..
can you explain why, I get this a lot but no one ever has a good answer beside "because thats what it came with" "C0mPuT3rZ ArE T3H FuTUr3"

EDIT: Im sure my power figures seem low, but it was built for durability and longevity not peak power being its going into a road race car.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Coil on plug is a straight electrical connection, with far better coil saturation time and a hotter spark. Distributor ignitions have a lot more things to potentially go wrong. To use part of your line, "what it came with" is a far better mousetrap than what came before. There is a good reason it comes that way now! But then, you're using a carb too....
Old 01-25-2019, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
Coil on plug is a straight electrical connection, with far better coil saturation time and a hotter spark. Distributor ignitions have a lot more things to potentially go wrong. To use part of your line, "what it came with" is a far better mousetrap than what came before. There is a good reason it comes that way now! But then, you're using a carb too....
https://www.dragzine.com/tech-storie...-applications/

I find distributor ignitions to have far less issues and much less complicated at the track to diagnose and repair. LS c.o.p. Is not a direct connection it still utilizes a plug wire

Im not going to debate back and forth about what’s better and how you disapprove, many people still run distributors with no issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 408 results part II

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: