Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

408cid ALL MOTOR Corvette=601 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How long between adjustments on the solid roller? Is the valvetrain alot louder? I've heard that the solid cams "behave" milder at whatever the given duration as compared to a hydraulic. Never seen a solid setup in a none full race evironment in an LSx motor. Got any idle video, or can you get any? I have considered going solid but have been scared to do it because I drive my car so much.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
I will post a lil video of the vette in the morning.
LOL. Read my mind.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, nice results, Congrats to G-Force and Greg Good, and the owner too!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Job Mike, now lets go do that good of a job catching those TROUT!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What intake are you running? Any pics of the heads? Titanium or SS valves? What size exhaust valve? If titanium, lash caps, locks, guide size, coated, seat and guide material? Have any flow numbers on the heads? It obvious the top end is what's making the power on this thing. That's why I'm asking so many questions.

Originally Posted by Camaro01SS4life

If anything, a 19 would be better than other wheels since you can get a huge width on them...

Kev
I think / hope that was a joke, but I'm not sure.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will post a lil video of the vette in the morning.
Right on...I will definetely check it out...Thanks!..

Kev
Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
What intake are you running? Any pics of the heads? Titanium or SS valves? What size exhaust valve? If titanium, lash caps, locks, guide size, coated, seat and guide material? Have any flow numbers on the heads? It obvious the top end is what's making the power on this thing. That's why I'm asking so many questions.

I meant it in a good way...In his original post I couldn't get the full quote in there from the other guy who mentioned why he put 19's on it...And yes, I am sure the car looks pimp...

Kev
Old 01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Camaro01SS4life
I meant it in a good way...In his original post I couldn't get the full quote in there from the other guy who mentioned why he put 19's on it...And yes, I am sure the car looks pimp...

Kev
What Vonrathburg is saying is that while a bigger diameter wheel might look more "pimp", it reduces sidewall. Less sidewall means less give which means less traction, regardless of tire width (within reason). I would take a MT 325/50/15 DR over a BFG 305/35/18 DR anyday even though the 18" tire is wider. I am not sure if there is really any difference in terms of sidewall give going from an 18 to a 19. I would think that neither would work well for traction purposes. Specially from a dig.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

I will tell you my Erik from HKE built me a 408 and Greg Worked over my ET 245`s and my car ***** and gets! Love the work these guys do. And then G-Force put the final touches on it!! Great combo!!! Props to everyone!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
How long between adjustments on the solid roller? Is the valvetrain alot louder? I've heard that the solid cams "behave" milder at whatever the given duration as compared to a hydraulic. Never seen a solid setup in a none full race evironment in an LSx motor. Got any idle video, or can you get any? I have considered going solid but have been scared to do it because I drive my car so much.
you dont have to go "BIG" on a solid roller. nineballz had a small solid roller in his 98 formula ws6. it was on 18" iFORGED wheels too. area under the curve is better with solid roller even if you dont rev the motor that high
Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by beardWS6
I will tell you my Erik from HKE built me a 408 and Greg Worked over my ET 245`s and my car ***** and gets! Love the work these guys do. And then G-Force put the final touches on it!! Great combo!!! Props to everyone!

Dropped in my new forged Erik Koenig 347 LS6 blower motor into my car this week and he is DA MAN!!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Restricted User

awesome numbers...sounds like one sick car...
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg

Greg Good could tell you more specifics but it has a street solid roller cam and nothing super crazy. It has right about .650 lift and has stainless steel intake and exhaust valves. Greg put some really nice springs on it and it has good valvetrain. If it had a Victor manifold it would peak higher and make more power but the owner wanted a nice fun street car and nothing too crazy. Greg's LS6 heads always make great power and that's the foundation of any good engine. I think they probably flow around 350 cfm peak.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Arrow

Originally Posted by tilly99z
What crank and rods in the motor?
Eagle 4.000 crank and Eagle 6.125 H-Beam rods.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:01 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
What Vonrathburg is saying is that while a bigger diameter wheel might look more "pimp", it reduces sidewall. Less sidewall means less give which means less traction, regardless of tire width (within reason). I would take a MT 325/50/15 DR over a BFG 305/35/18 DR anyday even though the 18" tire is wider. I am not sure if there is really any difference in terms of sidewall give going from an 18 to a 19. I would think that neither would work well for traction purposes. Specially from a dig.
You touch on many things correctly, but I think 19s are ridiculous. I'm with you on the 325/50/15 thing....

Originally Posted by racer7088
Greg Good could tell you more specifics but it has a street solid roller cam and nothing super crazy. It has right about .650 lift and has stainless steel intake and exhaust valves. Greg put some really nice springs on it and it has good valvetrain. If it had a Victor manifold it would peak higher and make more power but the owner wanted a nice fun street car and nothing too crazy. Greg's LS6 heads always make great power and that's the foundation of any good engine. I think they probably flow around 350 cfm peak.
This is the final straw I need to send him my All Pro castings. I think I need some money first, but they will be sent to him at some point. Tell him to post up some more info. I've got some pics of his work saved on my computer.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:38 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by racer7088

Nice of you to chime in Erik!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Nice of you to chime in Erik!
Thanks Mike and you guys always do such a great job with the cars and really makings these LSx-cars run. I can't tell you how many good deals I have seen not ever truly come together becuase the shop doing it didn't always know how to make it all work together or just didn't have the experience necessary to handle it like you guys do. Without a great shop like G-Force doing all the work, the installation and the tuning right as well as the other million things needed to make everything really work no project turns out even half as good. You guys are a great shop to get to do business with and really know your LSx's. Thanks to everyone there from us too and I hope to see many more cool projects at G-Force down the road as well.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:00 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Thanks for the kind words!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Mike, you get the money? Car is running good right now. Who know`s, I might go solid roller next year with my 408. I really like the power yours is making N/A!! Then just spray alittle shot to make up the differance!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Yep thanks. Im happy with it for now. Ive only put like 400 miles on it so far.

Quick Reply: 408cid ALL MOTOR Corvette=601 RWHP