New dyno numbers....new tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New dyno numbers....new tune

I originally had my car tuned in October and numbers were on a Mustang Dyno:

2000 Formula w/ 73k miles
Si5 cam, Patirot Extreme springs, LS6 intake, LS6 ported oil pump, LS2 timing chain, SLP loudmouth gutted cats

378 hp
363 tq

I had issues though right after the tune with it stalling alot. The tuner wouldnt return my calls, emails or PM's which was quite frustrating. I couldnt drive the car really at all because it would stall in stop and go traffic. His shop is over an hour away so I couldnt just stop by. Luckily I ran into a local tuner who'd I met earlier that spring who said he'd help me out to get my car running right. They found alot of things wrong that the other tuner had done such as the injector duty cycle and pulse rate were wrong. He had the injectors set at 23 at idle and 26 at WOT and they should be 26 at idle and 28 at WOT since I have stock injectors. THe A/F Ratio was way off too. It was super rich...cant remember the numbers right now. Anyway the new guys at Khaotic Kreations in Warrenton did a whole new tune on it and are super nice people. They really take their time to make sure everything is right and that the customer is happy

I dropped off the car to them last weekend and they still have it right now as they ran into some issues with the dyno. He just sent me an email that they finally were able to get the dyno running properly. I also have a slipping clutch and have been planning on replacing that...already have the LS7 clutch but need to get the master and slave. Things have been popping up though that take the money away. Anyway they may do a bit more tuning but the numbers so far are on Dynomite dyno:

405 hp
388 tq

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 03-20-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

numbers Look good!!! Sorry to hear about your last tuner. I hope it wasn't a sponsor
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

care to tell us who the last tuner was? I think people would appreciate being steered away from someone like that.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. From what I've been reading the dynomite is similar to the mustang dyno so I've picked up quite a bit. They werent able to dyno it first with the old tune because of the issue with the stalling....needed to be fixed and they did some other tuning before hand too. No the tuner isnt a sponsor here. Yeah it does suck the other tuner screwed up the car. He is well known to be a good tuner but at the time I had mine done I heard of other issues with him. He never calls anyone back ever and you're lucky if you ever get him to answer the phone. He seemed like a nice guy so I dont know what happened with him

Tuner is local in MD......hate to start anything right here about him.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

sounds like a ******** who does **** work.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I'll tell ya he cant care too much if he cant even return calls. The night he finished up I had to drive over 2 hours in the lovely DC area in the rain and it was surging then. My b/f called him on our way about it and no answer so he left a message. Next day we drove it to test it out and same surging....idle would dip to 800 rpms and then lower and shut off. Other times it would dip to where it almost stalled then back up to 950-1000 or so. As long as I didnt have to be in bumper to bumper traffic I was ok but around here that's almost impossible so the car sat. I called and called...left messages, sent Pm's...emails...to no avail but I was finally able to get in touch with his g/f who without her I would've never gotten in touch with him to begin with. I contacted her after the tune and after a couple days got back to me. Rather then him calling me back after she replied and told him of my troubles she was trying to relay the messages. I finally said to her that he needed to call and I wasnt going to go back and forth like this.. I paid $400+ for it I deserve a call back. Her reply was "well people who know him know he'd good and they're willing to wait for him"

Thats not an attitude you should take when running a business. The new tuner however calls, emails and keeps u up to date. He even went out of his way to go to the track last fall and do logged runs of the car. He did free Autotaps for other fbody people that were there that day too that were having issues. Now thats how you should be!!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

nice numbers i may have to give them a call but i would like to see the gains on the same dyno. I have talked to people who have dyno'd on the same type of dynos but at different shops and have had big descrepencies in what they were putting out so definately keep us updated once you get it back so we can know how much of a difference you feel.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 AM
9 Second Club

Quietstorm - those descrepencies you heard of in the past have been cleared up, so if you want Mustang numbers, let me know if I can help you... Once I found out about the inflated numbers (which the other Mustang dynos were delivered with as well), I got ours straightened out and I can assure you that it is very close to the one you used before... I have friends who let me check it after being on the other Mustang dyno - strictly as a means to ensure apples to apples comparisons in the area. I'm not trying to start anything, and won't comment on anything else said above, but wanted to stop the rumors about the numbers around this area...
Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Jarrad. There's no way I can see what I had before on this dyno unless they reloaded the old tune and dynoed it. John said he could definately feel a difference after he did the new tune. I will let you know what I think . I have every bit of confidence in what John and Daryl are doing at Khaotic Kreations. He's been right on about everything so far.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Nice numbers, hope you get the tune worked out.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

makes me wonder.......
Old 03-21-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad6as
makes me wonder.......
yeah I know......

Here's a link to the great tuners I had

www.needperformance.com

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 03-21-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Thanks Jarrad. There's no way I can see what I had before on this dyno unless they reloaded the old tune and dynoed it. John said he could definately feel a difference after he did the new tune. I will let you know what I think . I have every bit of confidence in what John and Daryl are doing at Khaotic Kreations. He's been right on about everything so far.
o ok definately let me know..i will be getting my car back probably next week so i will need a tune
Old 03-22-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sent you a PM ^