Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

how true is this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how true is this?

ok i know it shouldnt, but ever since my day at the dyno, i have been bummed by my numbers. well i decided to do some researching. and the dyno i was tuned on is a dyno dynamics. so i looked up everything i could about that dyno and its actually referred to as the heartbreaker dyno. they say it reads even lower than a mustang dyno and WAY lower than a dyno jet. what i have read is that if you want numbers similar to what a dynojet would read multiply by 1.18. so when i did that i got 427 which is really close to what everyone else with my setup is putting down. this made me feel alot better. I'm not gonna claim 427whp but i feel better that my dyno is called the heartbreaker
Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want a tissue?

LOL....seriously though...that's something alot of people forget. It's easy to post numbers etc, etc, but LOTS of variables in those numbers. Just try to keep your head up and not dwell on them. Especially now you know DD's read a tad lower.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Get some track times before you get too bummed

My pos put down 325rwhp...on a dynojet...right after a lid header ls1 gto put down 331 and right before a bolt on camaro put down 335. Talk about annoyed.