Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

383 LT1 Hp Estimates

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 383 LT1 Hp Estimates

I have about 1700 miles on the current setup. Based on my mods what would be a legit estimate for my RWHP?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

what heads are on the car? just ported and polished but by who?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Stock Ported heads... I dont have any flow numbers nor where the sent in to any company. I'm sure their nothing compared to a good pair of LE.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

so then realistically you are probably going to dyno HP wise very near to what a bolt-on cc503 car would. the area where the 383 will make a difference would be your torque numbers. you will most likely have higher torque, but HP wise, i'd say about 360rwhp really depending on how well of a port job the heads have, maybe just a tad higher if they are ported decently.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
so then realistically you are probably going to dyno HP wise very near to what a bolt-on cc503 car would. the area where the 383 will make a difference would be your torque numbers. you will most likely have higher torque, but HP wise, i'd say about 360rwhp really depending on how well of a port job the heads have, maybe just a tad higher if they are ported decently.
So my heads are holding me back that much?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1forever
So my heads are holding me back that much?
yea pretty much, how much research have you done in the LT1 section? the heads are the weakest part about the LT1's and the limiting factor on making big power.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

yea pretty much, how much research have you done in the LT1 section? the heads are the weakest part about the LT1's and the limiting factor on making big power.
I've read a little here and there. But obviously not enough. The whole build was an absolute nightmare. But I'd be willing to to make a few more purchases to get this thing running at optimum performance. I noticed Loyd Elliot has a "Budget Head"and Cam combo. The heads have an 185 cc intake port and claims it will flow about 255/180 all for around 1100 dollars. Do you think this would be a worthy investment?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

I've read a little here and there. But obviously not enough. The whole build was an absolute nightmare. But I'd be willing to to make a few more purchases to get this thing running at optimum performance. I noticed Loyd Elliot has a "Budget Head"and Cam combo. The heads have an 185 cc intake port and claims it will flow about 255/180 all for around 1100 dollars. Do you think this would be a worthy investment?
definitely.

I'd get those at least. and did you notice what his heads cam packages are rated at RWHP wise? his first package is like 365-400rwhp, depending on cam, meaning really that 360rwhp is about the highest LT1 RWHP you can pull about. im sure there are special cases but you get my drift.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

definitely.

I'd get those at least. and did you notice what his heads cam packages are rated at RWHP wise? his first package is like 365-400rwhp, depending on cam, meaning really that 360rwhp is about the highest LT1 RWHP you can pull about. im sure there are special cases but you get my drift.
This may sound stupid. But are those RWHP #s for stock bottom end LT1s? ? Or should I expect more power with that Combo on my motor? What other mods could be thrown into the mix here to pump up the power for my stroker?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I think I am making decent power on stock ported heads. My car made 597 with a 19# pulley. I am sure there is more power to be had if I had big $$$ heads, but it works well for me and the car is still 100% streetable.

What other mods could be thrown into the mix here to pump up the power for my stroker?
Boost, if I read correctly you are already forged correct?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedbusa
I think I am making decent power on stock ported heads. My car made 597 with a 19# pulley. I am sure there is more power to be had if I had big $$$ heads, but it works well for me and the car is still 100% streetable.

Yep Its forged. I would love to boost, but dont have the cash. I'm sure the 10bolt wouldnt appreciate that very much either. Who ported your heads? Any Flow #? If at all possible I'm wanting to save a few dollars and just have my heads reworked. But if not I guess I'll be buying a set of heads and larger cam.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Yep Its forged. I would love to boost, but dont have the cash. I'm sure the 10bolt wouldnt appreciate that very much either. Who ported your heads? Any Flow #? If at all possible I'm wanting to save a few dollars and just have my heads reworked. But if not I guess I'll be buying a set of heads and larger cam.
Gotta get a 12 bolt or a 9 inch, especially since you have a bigger cube motor. As for my heads, I bought the car already built, but I believe Don Lee Automotive (you can google them and see my car on their website) did some of the work. I don't have any flow #'s. If you're on a budget, you can get away with stock ported heads as long as they are done correctly. Heck, I'm even still on the stock intake and running shorty headers, and I think my car is a beast.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by wickedbusa

boost is totally different dude, the head are the limiting factor on NA cars, boost doesnt matter cause it will force air thru one way or another. haha

and yes your car is a beast nearly 600rwhp and you said 19 lbs of boost?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

boost is totally different dude, the head are the limiting factor on NA cars, boost doesnt matter cause it will force air thru one way or another. haha

and yes your car is a beast nearly 600rwhp and you said 19 lbs of boost?
Yeah, 597 on a 19# pulley, right now I'm running a conservative 16# pulley and making 550. It's enough to get me around town

Just for friendly discussion, if my stock heads weren't ported and I was running my 19# pulley, do you think I would still make the same amount of power? I think my rwhp would drop

Quick Reply: 383 LT1 Hp Estimates