Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Who here has Killed a Terminator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to be beat by one, or even close... I've raced quite a few.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ODUB
you're saying i SHOULD take an LS1 car from a roll? i don't really know if i should or not. don't have much experience with them. the only thing i know is the one terminator (i assume you're talking about 03-04 cobra's) i've ever raced, i had him by half a car at 135mph. we went back and forth everytime somebody shifted. he took the lead by maybe a bumper, then i would too, and depending on where you wanted to call the race, either one of us could have been declared the winner. we had to shut it down around 135 though because of traffic, and at that point, i was ahead. his front bumper was at the back of my front door, about half a car.

my car has no other mods than what i have listed. it is lighter than it was from the factory though. the stock curb weight is listed at 3285lbs. when i weighed it at autocross with 3/4 a tank of gas (maybe a little more), it weighed in at 3210lbs. i'm not sure if the curb weight is with or without gas. if it is without, then i'm a bit lighter than stock, so that makes a difference.
you raced from a roll right? you trap 107-108mph, and AFAIK most termi trap 114-115 stock. so there must be something wrong with the termi driver

you SHOULD take ls1/termi from a DIG not roll due to your AWD(better traction)
Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 PM
9 Second Club

All this "coulda woulda shoulda" stuff...

Darn Bench Racers.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raysadude
AFAIK most termi trap 114-115 stock.
Ummm...no. Anywhere from 106-112mph is normal based on driver ability, DA, etc. Mine went 111mph stock.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

I've raced and beat many "terminators" at the track, but as far as this discussion, it could go on forever, so many factors to be determined. The things we have to remember is 1) they're just as proud of their cars as we are of ours and 2) anything can be made to go fast(er). There is some damn quick 03-04 Cobras in my area, some I've wasted, some that would waste me if they lined up with me. To mustang owners, the 03-04 Cobra is as dear to them as the 4th gen F-bodies are to people on this site. I respect Cobra owners who have put the time and effort into making their cars quicker on the strip moreso than the big cash guys that buy a KR just to say they have a KR. The drivers are the ultimate mod for these cars, as with many cars, and a good driver is better than an extra 100 HP anyday,imo.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Ummm...no. Anywhere from 106-112mph is normal based on driver ability, DA, etc. Mine went 111mph stock.
Thanks for being honest. 111-112 is what i've normally seen over the years.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
thanks for correcting me, but i still don't see how his evo could beat a termi from a roll.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Teching In

I dunno its depressing I never run into cars faster than mine on the streets. I know there are a few in Savannah but they are few and far between and I NEVER see them on the road. When I owned a 300zx I would race cars faster than mine all the time because I love racing. I was always try to get corvettes to race me because they're my dream car before I could actually afford to own one.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tittan1500
BS have you ever looked at a post on this site ?

A M6 trans am with heads and cam with with a ls6 intake and headers can do that. and that number is a strech for them to once you bolt that pulley on and the polt on you still need to pay for the tune like everybody else.

they are cool cars no doubt but after the "bolt ons" and you want more than the stock charger can push your cost goes through the roof. Those motors get so crazy $$$$$$$ so fast when you start touching the heads cams.
the cobra can definitely get to 500+ easier/cheaper considering it can make over 500 with a completely stock motor...pullied/bolt on/ported blower...

after 500 its gonna take money for both cars...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love you all!!!!

But I love me more!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28usmc
Talk about going full retard.......lets see- what's so special about them you ask? Well- for 2 grand in mods you can be easily 450-475 RWHP- can you do that with a F-Bod?- NO you can't.
Um, Yes... With a maggie I could get around 470rwhp

For another 3500 invested (KB or Whipple) you can be in the low to mid 6XX on a stock bottom end. Again- can you do that in a stock LS1? NO, YOU CAN'T.
Let me go head and forge my bottom end like yours and see what happens?

Can LSX stock bottom end handle over 8XX RWHP stock? NO once again!!
If it was forged like yours? Prolly more!

Hey, word is that us V boyz are gonna start using you'll SVT boyz rear diffs!!!! Maybe then we could get some braging rites on our 60 ft!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1

Hey, word is that us V boyz are gonna start using you'll SVT boyz rear diffs!!!! Maybe then we could get some braging rites on our 60 ft!!!!
LS2s can handle 600rwhp no problem.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM
9 Second Club

That guy doesn't even drive a Cobra, though you would swear he did.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=tittan1500;11703373]
Well- for 2 grand in mods you can be easily 450-475 RWHP- can you do that with a F-Bod?- NO you can't.

BS have you ever looked at a post on this site ?

A M6 trans am with heads and cam with with a ls6 intake and headers can do that. and that number is a strech for them to once you bolt that pulley on and the polt on you still need to pay for the tune like everybody else.

they are cool cars no doubt but after the "bolt ons" and you want more than the stock charger can push your cost goes through the roof. Those motors get so crazy $$$$$$$ so fast when you start touching the heads cams.
To answer your "post" question I joined this site in January to get info about LSX's. Been a huge fan for quite a while. Bought one in Feb and have enjoyed the car very much.

Just to try to understand what you are saying.....are you saying you CAN'T get over 450 for 2k in a Cobra? I know for a fact you can. Cat back exhaust w/ OR midpipe, 2.8 upper, 6 lb lower, JLT RAI and a SCT tune. Right @ $2k got me 475 RWHP and 453 RWTQ.

To get the LS1 to 475 you are going to need HCI exhaust, LT's and a helluva a tune.......can that be done for less than 2k? Maybe if you do all the work yourself you can. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'm not hating....if I'm wrong tell me where and why.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
That guy doesn't even drive a Cobra, though you would swear he did.

hahahaha....
Old 06-04-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Talk about going full retard.......lets see- what's so special about them you ask? Well- for 2 grand in mods you can be easily 450-475 RWHP- can you do that with a F-Bod?- NO you can't. For another 3500 invested (KB or Whipple) you can be in the low to mid 6XX on a stock bottom end. Again- can you do that in a stock LS1? NO, YOU CAN'T. Can LSX stock bottom end handle over 8XX RWHP stock? NO once again!!

Does this help? Hate on Stangs all you want- that's a personal choice, but you can't take anything away from the Terminator. It runs in the 12's from the factory (properly driven) and can easily be put in the 11's with very little $.

Meh- stockish Evo's aren't really all that impressive. I killed a IX in my Mach from a slow roll to 110ish by 4 cars. Weaksauce!!

You are forgetting the intial cost of the cars. If you buy an F-body and put the price difference between the 2 cars for intial purchase into mods in the F-body you would smoke a Terminator no problem. Then for every mod he puts you add another of equal value and the Terminator would still never win. Terminators are not worth a crap if they did not have a blower. That is all that makes them fast.

The F-body is the best bang for the $$ between the 2 cars.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Whats a terminator??
Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by corvet786c
Whats a terminator??
Lol, you are joking yes?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by corvet786c
Whats a terminator??
Skynet began production of the T-800 "Terminator" Series in 2026. The T-800 Series is a cybernetic organism. It consists of living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. The metal endoskeleton is a microprocessor controlled fully armoured hyper-alloy combat chassis. This endoskeleton is constructed with frictionless bearings in its joints, and a servo-actuated control system. Its limbs are controlled by axial drive motors and clavicular trailing links.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Can you get a MAGGIE for 2k? No. The point was since you missed it is that it's relatively inexpensive to mod a Terminator....

Once you start forging the bottom end- going with a stroker and or HCI of course you will have more HP- the point is can you do it for 2k? No you can't.

LSX guys have been using Ford rear ends for years.....no surprise there.

Look- I answered the OP's question with legit answers. Sorry you all don't like hearing the truth. Nothing I've said is incorrect. As Artic 00 pointed out you can make anything fast. With enough time and money you can have a 6 second Vega. The original question was what's the big deal about Cobras? Bang for the buck makes them one of the best platforms to start with. Does that make FBody's Bad cars? Of course it doesn't!! F-Body's are great platforms to start with. Hell the biggest reason I went with an FBody this time over a Terminator is due to COST. My Z28 was HALF what most Terminators are going for these days and has as much HP as the Cobra I used to have. So the trade off is initial cost. You can get LS1's for as little as 5-6k that run decently.....you can't touch a Terminator that runs for less than 15k. That being said- get the LSX for cheap and use the 8-9 k you would have spent on the cobra and get a stroker with a 150 shot etc and there you have it- a high 4XX- low 5XX (or better) car for the same price as a mid to high 4XX Cobra.

Bottom line- both are great cars. Both obviously have their advocates and detractors. But to call either car bad is just dumb.

Quick Reply: Who here has Killed a Terminator?