Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Who here has Killed a Terminator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
To keep the slowpokes (like you) in check.
I mean come on, what is your version of a slowpoke? If that's the case I can call you all slow pokes (not that I ever would ).

Seriously though, does this really have to be another LS1 vs. Cobra/which one is better than the other debate?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I see your point! All I was saying is that If I take my LS6 And do equal mods to it that the the Cobra did then I would still have more power! I am N/A making 400+ while the cobra of course makes just a little more power stock but need a supercharger to do it... LONG LIVE LSX!!!!!!
Dumbest post of the day.

Here's an idea. Make 1000whp on your bone stock LS6 motor then talk **** about the Terminators.

To keep the slowpokes (like you) in check.

X2.

It's always the slow guys who are always talking ****....ever notice that?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
Call John Connor...he's killed a bunch man.
HAHAHAHA!! I was going to say the same thing..
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bracketracerZ28
congratulations, why are you on LS1 tech again????

He likes to argue with me whe just completely reinforces my po further and further with every posts he makes.

He is a child, pay him no attention and he will stop whinning like a bitch.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
I mean come on, what is your version of a slowpoke? If that's the case I can call you all slow pokes (not that I ever would ).

Seriously though, does this really have to be another LS1 vs. Cobra/which one is better than the other debate?
I don't like one car more than another. If it can run 11's or better it has my respect. Be it a GN, Camaro, Firebird, Cobra, Corvette, Viper, Civic, Integra, Eclipse, Neon, etc.... I like any fast car. And you can ask anyone that meets me I don't talk down to anyone at the track. Last time at the track I stood in the lanes and talked to a guy with a turbo Mazda that was running mid 15's. Cat was cool so I'm good with it. I cant stand ignorant car owners (especially the slow ones).
Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
He likes to argue with me whe just completely reinforces my po further and further with every posts he makes.

He is a child, pay him no attention and he will stop whinning like a bitch.
I like to argue with you? We have posted in the same thread TWICE. Yea I must really like arguing with you.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
9 Second Club

I don't like one car more than another. If it can run 11's or better it has my respect. Be it a GN, Camaro, Firebird, Cobra, Corvette, Viper, Civic, Integra, Eclipse, Neon, etc.... I like any fast car. And you can ask anyone that meets me I don't talk down to anyone at the track. Last time at the track I stood in the lanes and talked to a guy with a turbo Mazda that was running mid 15's. Cat was cool so I'm good with it. I cant stand ignorant car owners (especially the slow ones).
IMO, I wouldn't think anything of it if you did like one car more than the other. What would be wrong with that? For some reason now days people make it a crime to favor one car over another, when honestly deep down I think we all have our "favorite" brand, or one we would prefer to tinker with over the other. With you that would be a Ford, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've owned several Ford's back in the day including a 5-liter Mustang and 4v Cobra and absolutely loved them, but I chose to make the G/N and F-body my preferred poison. Deep down were all fanbois, let's keep it real.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I don't even race those turds anymore. It is like kicking the **** out of third grade Jerry's kids in wheel chairs. Actually..................................the Terminator is just a fancy wheel chair for retards.
hahaha....yea now that's what I like....woooord!....to their sister lol
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
IMO, I wouldn't think anything of it if you did like one car more than the other. What would be wrong with that? For some reason now days people make it a crime to favor one car over another, when honestly deep down I think we all have our "favorite" brand, or one we would prefer to tinker with over the other. With you that would be a Ford, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've owned several Ford's back in the day including a 5-liter Mustang and 4v Cobra and absolutely loved them, but I chose to make the G/N and F-body my preferred poison. Deep down were all fanbois, let's keep it real.

Exactly! What is so wrong with favoring one brand over another? Its not that I hate other makes, I just prefer GM because I like their quality and out of the three fbodies Ive owned I have NEVER had a problem with them. I also had a 2001 Cobra which was absolutely a blast to drive, Ill give it to ford for making such a sweet riding car. The sound system is way better too, I know its not a performance enhancer but its definatly nice lol
Old 06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z28usmc
Talk about going full retard.......lets see- what's so special about them you ask? Well- for 2 grand in mods you can be easily 450-475 RWHP- can you do that with a F-Bod?- NO you can't. For another 3500 invested (KB or Whipple) you can be in the low to mid 6XX on a stock bottom end. Again- can you do that in a stock LS1? NO, YOU CAN'T. Can LSX stock bottom end handle over 8XX RWHP stock? NO once again!!

Does this help? Hate on Stangs all you want- that's a personal choice, but you can't take anything away from the Terminator. It runs in the 12's from the factory (properly driven) and can easily be put in the 11's with very little $.

Meh- stockish Evo's aren't really all that impressive. I killed a IX in my Mac
from a slow roll to 110ish by 4 cars. Weaksauce!!

Okayyy...bitch. Full retard.... when I put my fist in your mouth along with the Lingenfelter TT. **** stangs...**** stock. All stangs will be wiped off the face of the earth by F-bodies bitch OOO and give me your Z28... ******* traitor. NO. it does'nt help. They still look like Tampons...
Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJT
Okayyy...bitch. Full retard.... when I put my fist in your mouth along with the Lingenfelter TT. **** stangs...**** stock. All stangs will be wiped off the face of the earth by F-bodies bitch OOO and give me your Z28... ******* traitor. NO. it does'nt help. They still look like Tampons...
Looks like this thread is getting a little out of hand. Calm it down or it will be done.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

This is the mother of all Bench Racing threads and the fact that it gets started so many times over and over and over shows how well respected 03 Cobras are.

This is all I have to add.

I have thrown $6-7K into my C6 over the last year getting it to 460-480rwhp (through A6) and it is a fun car, very fun. I would feel confident saying it will turn very high 10 and an easy low 11 @125-127 and it drives really well.

My Cobra had about $9-10K into (2.8KB/SRA/Bolt ons) it and even though I never took it to the track (plenty of street races), the new owner called me with his track results. 10.33's @ 133 mph with the stock 3:55 gear, and here is the kicker. That car drove like a stock Cobra until WOT AND it would take everything that I could throw at it. Hell, it still had the stock exhaust manifolds. There is a point where trapping 130+ is not worth driving the car on the street as a DD. To me, that's the amazing thing about Cobras. Try driving Cunfuzed's car for a 10hr roadtrip to GA on Thanksgivings actually enjoying it....

If you want a fast car, there are plenty of choices but IMHO, if you want an insanely fast street car with DD manners and that's cheap to fix (It's a Mustang....try getting a new LS7 in your C6Z when the engine pukes from a dropped valve/ bad spring or oil starvation) than there is only one choice.

My next car will be a C6Z but if I could do it all again, I would have skipped my 3 LSX cars and gone straight to the Cobra .... then the C6Z.

Modded LS3 C6's are getting really strong now with 500+rwhp from cam/bolt ons but when you consider the cost of ownership and hell, just research a clutch replacement cost, the advantage goes to the Termi's. IMHO.

I'm also moving this to bench - suckas
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JJT
Think it's time for a !
Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Could be that it wasnt a cobra at all. I see too many v6 and 2v stangs with cobra body panels and badges. Seriously kinda makes you go WTF when you see one. I see almost as many of them as you see Z28's with SS spoilers.

WTF is so special about them...hmmm. Forged bottom end, 4v heads and the big factory hair drier on top of it forcing air down its throat. Pretty damn cool in my book. I have a good army buddy that had a RedFire vert. With about 3 grand in it he was making an easy 500 wheel. My tuner here went with a better blower (kenne bell I think) stock bottom end and some spray and did 118 TS in the 8th mile with blown piston rings.

I used to hate stangs like the OP said he does, then one day I saw an 03 ish GT in really good condition and thought wow, thats a nice looking car. They are cheap and easy for someone to get into hot rodding.

anyway the 4v cars will bite ya if your not careful.
**** that...go get one then. The Lingenfelter TT will make them blow air out their *** and then drop kick them in the ******* throat...give me your Z28
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by JJT
**** that...go get one then. The Lingenfelter TT will make them blow air out their *** and then drop kick them in the ******* throat...give me your Z28
Dude, relax, there is no need for an F-bomb in every sentance.

BTW, find a Lingenfelter TT for under $30K (going rate for fully modded Termi's)
Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Dumbest post of the day.

Here's an idea. Make 1000whp on your bone stock LS6 motor then talk **** about the Terminators.

X2.

It's always the slow guys who are always talking ****....ever notice that?

Gayist member every.... Don't come here again. Here is an idea...look up who has more racing wins....Chevy or Ford...Chevy...EAT SHIIIIT!...Then...go find Mike Edwards and ask him to kick your *** because your a tough guy with 1000 hp Stangs Then.... Give me your F-body before I bitch slap you and steal it
***Repost Police***

Well, I called it... tons of retards in this thread.
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have beat a few bolt on cobras, the most recent a sonic blue,
they are strong cars, for sure. but there not the best bang for the buck imo
Old 06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
i agree!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

Yep, the internet is flooded with em. Damn you internet.

Quick Reply: Who here has Killed a Terminator?