14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

WSsick vs. Mach Boy - Predictions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Race didn't happen. I was very busy Friday, and we only had a small window to get the run(s) in anyways.

After the Z28, probably a sub-$2,000 Honda. Basically, I am dead set on a turbo car. If I sell this car, then save up for year or so, I can buy everything I need for the turbo kit at once in cash by next spring. Then, I'll just find a nice, lower mileage car to put it all on, and have a nasty street car. However, if I hold out until summer, I could throw a forged 370ci under the hood and really have some fun (blowing up the T56). I think I can go a year without an LSX car, but we'll see. It's all for the great good though. Without selling it, it would take me longer than I care to wait.

After all, I have to get this thing going before the lady & I get hitched. She's already asking for a ring.
Don't do it!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BODUKE
Don't do it!
Why not? The big power in the end would be well worth it. Plus, I drive 200+ miles a week, and this is my only car. I need something with better mpg.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not? The big power in the end would be well worth it. Plus, I drive 200+ miles a week, and this is my only car. I need something with better mpg.
It's a good thing to do in that situation if you can't afford two cars. When I began needing to drive 350/week I switched from an ls1 to my 2 liter rsx. Its nice to be able to do that at a low price and still have something fun to drive around.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see this race. or be in it..wait till the Spring please haha
Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Teching In

i met MachBoy once. chillin dude. Good luck to you both though
Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
It's a good thing to do in that situation if you can't afford two cars. When I began needing to drive 350/week I switched from an ls1 to my 2 liter rsx. Its nice to be able to do that at a low price and still have something fun to drive around.
Yeah, this way solves all my wants at once.

Originally Posted by PT01GT
I want to see this race. or be in it..wait till the Spring please haha
Car will hopefully be sold by then.

i met MachBoy once. chillin dude. Good luck to you both though
Robs pretty cool. We raced twice, both he was major tractionally challenged and I got him by a good amount, but it was also his 1st time with the T56 in.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:34 AM

After all, I have to get this thing going before the lady & I get hitched. She's already asking for a ring.
When you use the word "already" in that statement it's not good, lol. How long you been together?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
When you use the word "already" in that statement it's not good, lol. How long you been together?
1 1/2. Long enough to know she's a keeper (won't get into mushy stuff), but wayyyyy too early for a ring. I tell her she's gotta wait a year or two. Definitely won't be doing it before I get out of college, and that's a year and a half away.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 AM

1 1/2. Long enough to know she's a keeper (won't get into mushy stuff), but wayyyyy too early for a ring. I tell her she's gotta wait a year or two. Definitely won't be doing it before I get out of college, and that's a year and a half away.
Sounds good, just tell her straight up how it is with the ring situation. Too many guys let their girl believe it's gonna happen right around the corner because they don't want to lose her and that just leads to problems when it takes longer than she expected.

Sounds like a good plan for the car situation. Turbos are definitely the big thing for making big, streetable power (not that you can't do it through other means), and nothing intimidates like a big front mount

I'm torn between hoping my G8 sells and hoping it doesn't I have gotten some interesting trade offers though.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Sounds good, just tell her straight up how it is with the ring situation. Too many guys let their girl believe it's gonna happen right around the corner because they don't want to lose her and that just leads to problems when it takes longer than she expected.

Sounds like a good plan for the car situation. Turbos are definitely the big thing for making big, streetable power (not that you can't do it through other means), and nothing intimidates like a big front mount

I'm torn between hoping my G8 sells and hoping it doesn't (I don't even know if that is possible or if the guys retarded) I have gotten some interesting trade offers though.
She knows, and she's ok with it...doesn't stop her from trying though.

I am kind wanting a GTO lately, not as much as a turbo, but a H/C/I sprayed GTO sounds nice. I can never make up my mind. The turbo setup just sounds like so much more fun in my mind, even though it gets a bit pricey.

I've had a few weird offers too. "Rare" Protege, Ram with sirius & xm .........and a banshee setup for drag racing.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Teching In

selling it? wtf...so you wont' have a fast car anymore?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

selling it? wtf...so you wont' have a fast car anymore?
Never had one. Yeah, but if you re-read all this stuff, I am getting rid of it so I can speed up the process for a turbo car (88mm). This was is faster, plus it solves a few other wants/issues.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Teching In

ok sweet. Nothing liek a 88mm Mustang to get things rolling
Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

ok sweet. Nothing liek a 88mm Mustang to get things rolling
No Rustang here.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Teching In

No Rustang here.
mmm now you done it
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Teching In

You will love the GTO if you get one... car feels so much better to drive than the Fbody Camaros. Interior is a huge step up and the power of the LS2 ( try to get an LS2 over LS1 GTO if possible) is very nice. Its easy to drop a few hundred lbs too and be close to your Camaros weight.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

What kind of stuff are you taking out to lose 200+ lbs? My car weighs 3440 last time I weighed it, and goats are around 3600 I heard.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Manual goats weigh in at 3725 curb weight (full fluids, no driver) My goat weighs in at 3725 normally, has about 125 removed... so 3600 curb weight and I weigh 140-150... so race weight I am about 3750 with a full tank of gas. Usually though I am running a half tank or less so its even less than that. Closer to 3700 even or high 3600s... I have others things I can remove but for now its just fine.

The easiest things that I have removed for now are, tow brace, gas tank brace, jack set, spare, trunk carpet. Thats good for about 100lbs right there...

The key with the GTO is your still under the weight of all the newer heavy 4000LB+ sports cars by a good margin. Your not a corvette by any means... but your not the pig that everyone makes them out to be.

I want to do a lightweight battery and move it to the trunk. Exhaust takes a shitload off... even just taking off your axle backs drops like 60lbs or something stupid on the 05/06s with the big dual mufflers.

Also want to do lighweight skid plate and wheels... big savings right there as well.

Here are some great threads you can read on what people remove, some are fine for daily driving... others are for more extreme cars that race. The gas tank brace does nothing in a wreck and has been proven many times. Dont worry about the Goat being a little heavier, that LS2 has the capability to make more power than your LS1/LS6 and makes up for it in the end. Mod for mod the LS2 will make more power than the LS1/LS6 its just how it is...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182025
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ight+Reduction
Old 01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poolshark1321
Manual goats weigh in at 3725 curb weight (full fluids, no driver) My goat weighs in at 3725 normally, has about 125 removed... so 3600 curb weight and I weigh 140-150... so race weight I am about 3750 with a full tank of gas. Usually though I am running a half tank or less so its even less than that. Closer to 3700 even or high 3600s... I have others things I can remove but for now its just fine.

The easiest things that I have removed for now are, tow brace, gas tank brace, jack set, spare, trunk carpet. Thats good for about 100lbs right there...

The key with the GTO is your still under the weight of all the newer heavy 4000LB+ sports cars by a good margin. Your not a corvette by any means... but your not the pig that everyone makes them out to be.

I want to do a lightweight battery and move it to the trunk. Exhaust takes a shitload off... even just taking off your axle backs drops like 60lbs or something stupid on the 05/06s with the big dual mufflers.

Also want to do lighweight skid plate and wheels... big savings right there as well.

Here are some great threads you can read on what people remove, some are fine for daily driving... others are for more extreme cars that race. The gas tank brace does nothing in a wreck and has been proven many times. Dont worry about the Goat being a little heavier, that LS2 has the capability to make more power than your LS1/LS6 and makes up for it in the end. Mod for mod the LS2 will make more power than the LS1/LS6 its just how it is...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182025
Thanks for the links. I'll get to checking them in a minute. I know the benefits and such of the LS2 (made a thread in the GTO section here if you wanna see it) so that's no big deal. Didn't want to strip the car down, so it's good to hear that there are easy things. Definitely won't be beating any Vettes of the same power That's the only thing I don't like giving up, but oh well. I drive well enough to make up for some of it. I plan on moving into a vette in the next 5 years or less, so this would be just a nice medium between brutal, mid weight f-bomb and comfy, low weight C6. Love the nice ride after driving a few, and only looking at LS2s.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Yep its far better to daily drive than any vette... but of course if you want pure power the vette is where its at. This is my only car and its exactly what I wanted in a daily drivable coupe. Its unique too and I like that about it also...

Quick Reply: WSsick vs. Mach Boy - Predictions?