LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum (https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-guesses-bench-racing-forum-150/)
-   -   What will it make? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-guesses-bench-racing-forum/1903767-what-will-make.html)

Lt1slowerbird 08-03-2018 10:16 AM

What will it make?

2000 ws6 138k with approx 28k on full rebuild

SLP LId/smooth bellow
LS6 intake 42# injectors
prc 225s hollow intake valves btr .660 titanium retainers
Sns 3 cam 235/243 .630/.610 111+2 LSA stock gasket thickness
longtubes, ORY, Borla
monster stage 2; billet 18lb flywheel
t56 with 10 bolt
pat G remote tuning

Seen someone with similar cam and lesser heads with a fast put down 450ish through an A4
Once I get tune the few bugs 100% down I’d like to find a dyno. Just wondering what you all think she’d put down?

HCI2000SS 08-03-2018 11:58 AM

Just gonna depend on the dyno. Id say 450 is a solid overall number on an average and honest dyno

Lt1slowerbird 08-04-2018 06:06 AM

That’s actually around what I figured she’d be at just from driving it. Car is night and day from the xr275hr can only it was. With this cam and aftermarket head flow does the fast become actually worth the money over an ls6?

HCI2000SS 08-04-2018 06:41 AM

My personal experience has shown a Fast 92 to be around 10 hp on a setup similar yours, and a 102 maybe 15 hp or so. That's straight out of the box. With porting another 5 or possibly 10 hp. Is it worth it over the LS6....matter of opinion lol.

Lt1slowerbird 08-04-2018 08:48 AM

Yea right that’s what I’ve seen. Once you crack into the power of a heads cam car the bit of power is harder to spot imo lol. I don’t think 20 hp is worth a grand. But with the extra flow of everything I wasn’t sure if a fast would get 35 or more at the wheels which I might have swung for if I found a used one

HCI2000SS 08-04-2018 09:41 AM

Yep no way will you get 35 hp on your setup lol. Btw the numbers i listed were on a basic heads an cam LS1's. My buddy got a ported 102 and only picked up 1 mph at the track. They are what they are lol

Lt1slowerbird 08-04-2018 02:15 PM

Hyped up overpriced plastic you say? Haha and I just figured it maybe more as I think I read that ls6 intakes lop off at around 260-280 cfm and fasts lop off air at slightly higher. And these heads flow 300s at .600 so just my speculations lol however I may not entirely understand it all and I’m too lazy to find the article again. I think I’ll save up for a 9inch instead lol. Thanks man

HCI2000SS 08-04-2018 06:55 PM

Hyped up and over priced in some applications, and others no nearly as much. The 9 inch is a MUCH better investment IMO lol. Good luck man

Lt1slowerbird 08-05-2018 05:45 AM

Thanks. If I ever get this thing dynoed I’ll post up results. And yes I definitely agree on the 9” I’m scared of a 1-2 shift with this 10 bolt. Lol although I’ve got Richmond’s backlashed as tight as they recommend I don’t trust it one bit. I thought of a girdle but honestly I don’t see how a girdle would’ve saved me last time when I sheered every tooth of the pinion and most of them off the ring gear of the stock 3:42s.

HCI2000SS 08-05-2018 08:44 AM

I might be one of the luckiest guys with the 10 bolt lol. I attribute 90% of that success on how you drive it. I make around 600 rwhp and run drag radials with a 4.10 gear. Obviously it's on borrowed time, but until then I'm impressed

Lt1slowerbird 08-05-2018 10:56 AM

You do any launching with that or 1-2 WOT shifts? If so I’m gonna be needing your address to get your personal signature on my jackpot cover :hail: haha
and you have anything special in there like studded caps? Or a girdle? Solid pinion spacer?
i think what worries me most is that the stage 2 monster clutch bites a lot harder than the previous clutch and really shocks the drivetrain more than the centerforce junk that was in it.

HCI2000SS 08-05-2018 01:05 PM

Lol right! Plenty of hard 1-2 shifts, but easy on the launches. Car rarely ever wheelhops so that's good. Nothing special besides a Trutrac upgrade. That's it. When spraying I never hit before 50 mph because it just spins. I run a twin disk clutch as well. I'm really surprised I've made it this far lol

Lt1slowerbird 08-06-2018 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 19943379)
Lol right! Plenty of hard 1-2 shifts, but easy on the launches. Car rarely ever wheelhops so that's good. Nothing special besides a Trutrac upgrade. That's it. When spraying I never hit before 50 mph because it just spins. I run a twin disk clutch as well. I'm really surprised I've made it this far lol

shh don’t be telling me that. Be using my triple a here soon. Haha and yea i figured with the lighter flywheel it might be a tad easier on the rear with less inertia unless you power shift or something but I kind of am on the fence about the lighter flywheel. Engine braking is reduced a good bit. And my car has koni yellows with stranos and umi LCA and relocation brackets. It doesn’t wheel hop a bit But I kind of don’t like the car with the stranos. On a stock car they’d be awesome. But with long tubes. Yea my collectors are mangled lol. Can’t even go over most speed bumps into a bank or shopping plaza. But on the road it’s on rails. I’m sure the bigger ws6 tires help it. My 95 TA had the stock 16s and it was nothing in the bends like this one is. You have any details on your build? I’d be interested in checking it out. I couldn’t imagine having 600 at the wheels. Got me thinking about the bottle now lol

HCI2000SS 08-06-2018 03:58 AM

Yep I have about 3" of clearance with my long tubes and ORY, so I know your pain lol. My build is listed in my signature. Is it not showing up? Basically it's a HCI LQ9 with a 150 shot. When my LS1 was toast I took the CHI and threw it on this 370 LQ9. Bang for the buck you can't beat nitrous unless you go through a bottle a week or whatever lol. I just use it when 450 rwhp isn't enough, which is rare

Lt1slowerbird 08-06-2018 04:20 AM

No I was on my phone. Had to hop on the laptop to figure it out. Looks like a healthy build. I see custom cam was that cut for the ls1 or current motor? probably wouldn’t be much difference though but I bet those couple cubes eat up a cam surge a bit better than my ls lol. I was about to get one cut when I had to redo the top on my ls due to a bad lifter until I started reading about the tick performance sns 3 cams. I wanted bigger than the xr275 that was in it and the cam kit tick had up I had to bite. Then when I got the prc heads I just shipped them the btr springs and they knocked off some coin for me to use my own supplied springs. The hollow intake valve was pretty much free at that point( I told myself lol)

HCI2000SS 08-06-2018 05:09 AM

My cam is almost identical yours but on a 113+4. It was cut by Thompson Motorsports who also did my LQ9. I reused my heads and intake from the LS1. Btw have you ran your setup at the track yet?

Lt1slowerbird 08-06-2018 03:16 PM

Nice haha. I bet your cam is a bit better drivability than mine with that LSA But anyway right now cars making 0rwhp/0ft lbs lol it won’t start. Wanted to make a small tweak to the tune and the mpvi2 lost connection starting the erase part of the write feature. It hadn’t been connecting right past few days but my handheld would work. So I figured it was just something software in my computer. Now my handheld actron can’t connect either. Always something. I’m gonna hookup the scanner to my dads new Camaro and see if it will connect. If not I’m hoping I just need a new interface. If it does I guess I’ll be checking for grounds first :bang:
it wouldn’t connect to my new Nissan and I think they support nissans now so I’m thinking it’s the mpvi2.

HCI2000SS 08-06-2018 04:03 PM

Well that's not good lol. Right now I'm chasing down a drivetrain vibration issue that's been a pita. Don't you just love these tedious bullshit issues lol

Lt1slowerbird 08-06-2018 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 19944156)
Well that's not good lol. Right now I'm chasing down a drivetrain vibration issue that's been a pita. Don't you just love these tedious bullshit issues lol

well after some quick searching this is apparently a wide spread issue on hptuners forums. I’m honestly hoping that my pcm isn’t dead and it just needs a reflash. Cause I know how this is gonna be. Oh we bricked your pcm by selling you a beta product. Thanks for all of the feedback. Btw no credit refund for your VIN. Thank you for your business! Lol

Lt1slowerbird 08-07-2018 12:21 PM

Hey disconnecting the battery and reflashing fixed the no start. Although seems after a car wash my idle is stuck at 3000 like a massive vacuum leak. How nice.