Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New PB, Broke some shit, had a great time!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New PB, Broke some ****, had a great time!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/988973-my-car-manned-f-ck-up-today-new-pb.html

Click on the link for a good back story.

Since then I have installed a Tick Perf. Master Cyl. The DA was between -85 to 200 which was awesome, had a good headwind.

1st run I lined the car up, made a spin in the water, and no helper there to tell me if I was far enough back.

I attempt a 2nd gear burnout and it wheel Hopped BAD, and then the car spun due to not having warmed tires.

I did 12.9 @ 112....

Now the diff is doing what it did on the last tru trac, acting like a locker.... ***** ******. I ******* hate these things.

2nd run I made sure I got some water on the tires, did a better burnout. Launched off the limiter or close to it and the car shocked me, I forgot how hard this thing hits. I got yanked back and my foot came off the gas. People said wheels were lifted.

12.4 @ 112 1.879 60'
-85 DA

3rd and final run, I put the car down to 14 psi, adjusted the MC to it engages fully, got a great burnout and left off at 5k.and I had all clean shifts. I can powershifts but I need to practice to make myself quicker.

ET 12.339
MPH 112.10
60' 1.759
1/8 7.92 @ 89.16
DA 167

A new personal best in this car.

When changing my tires I noticed the bump stops are hitting the rear hard, The transfers weight so well that I need to control it better. Over the winter....

Spohn Sway Bar
Adj. Shocks w/ spring
Convo Pros w/ tires

My rear does not drive well, the posi is binding up well like it did the last time this happen. Just a word of advice, anyone looking for a diff.

DO NOT GET AN EATON TRU TRAC.

They are ******* junk.

It cost me GOOD money to fix it last time, I am just going to keep driving unit it granades, and I got another unit that "fixed" itself 2 days before taking it out.

I got some things to work on but over all I am happy the car hits HARD. But thats learning on a stick car, if your not breaking parts, your not going fast!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Congras on the PB.

Now, You need to do a couple things first:

polish Chef's Slicks and Skinnies

Get the god damn frame connectors on the car.

When that posi unit eats itself, you will not be putting that other POS tru-junk back in there. You will be buying a spool and putting it in the car... either that or I'm not letting you race it anymore.

4000 lbs, plus rev limiter launches with slicks of doom = broken posi unit.

We will figure out what is going on under there tomorrow, but this winter when the axle seal gets changed, I say get the spool and we put it in there, and fix that once and for all. I say this time we do it ourselves, I'll buy the dial indicator so we have it if need be.

The shocks are a good move, swaybar too, both will help the car leave on 2 legs and not look like you're working some 3 wheel motion from a snoop dogg video, that and a little more weight out will get the car into the 11's I am 100% sure of it.

Or, a 100 hit and that will put you on teh verge of needing a 6 pt.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
10 second playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new PB!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Internet Mechanic

Thank man, I appreciate it.

And yes Jay I will have a tin of the mothers polish in hand.... lol.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Race your car!

heh heh, I didn't put that in there, but since it's there, get to work
Old 10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Aaron....
Old 10-19-2008, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats! Some of that magic atco air get up north? Only kidding, I love the wheels up pic. Hope ya get it fixed and get down to atco with JL by the end of the year and get that 11 sec. pass.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
Congrats! Some of that magic atco air get up north? Only kidding, I love the wheels up pic. Hope ya get it fixed and get down to atco with JL by the end of the year and get that 11 sec. pass.

Thanks lol. Yea JL and I got underthere and nothing is structureally broken, but the posi is in full lock mode, eventually it will stop doing that. If I am going to run a stick car, I need to do alot of things from keeping the the body slamming on the rear like that.

The air was quite cold. JL went to E-town for the QTP race I think it had to be around -800.

My car hits so ****** hard it must hit like a car that runs a 1.4x 60' but given the weight, and gear it slows down to a 1.7x etc etc.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Race your car!

We talked about this last night, I think you've got a solid plan of action, just take your time and get the other things in life that need doing done, the car and the track aren't going anywhere.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man I don't know how you guys smoke Tru-Tracs in a 12 bolt running low 12's, crazy. glad I don't have one.

Good runs though, keep working on that 60".