Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Exhaust db question for anyone living Hoboken/Jersey city

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust db question for anyone living Hoboken/Jersey city

Hey all, long time lurker and new member.

Does anyone know if the Hoboken police are particularly picky about loud exhausts?. I've got a Duc Monster 800 and with some pretty mean sounding pipes and so far no one has bothered me (2 cylinder so it sounds throaty).

I ask b/c I'm going to purchase a used c6 and if I know myself the mods will start soon after. My concern is if cops around here are really prone to pull you over if you got a loud rumbling exhaust. I understand this is subjective so for arguments sake say something like a Corsa sport (with cats) headers, and cam with lots of chop. Basic boltons but a mean sound vette...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

not sure about the actual laws there, but i would defiantly try not to draw anymore attention than you need to. Try to find a c6 with the exhaust bypass that comes stock. Or just install cutouts on a stock exhaust.

I have an exhaust that has a vacuum operated cutout which is nice and quiet until you really lay into it.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Ive driven in Hoboken many times in my car with the cutouts open. Also been with my bike and about 15 other bikes and have never been bothered.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Hoboken shoudn't be a problem, but many small neighboring towns are more then willing to stop and ticket you for anything out of the ordinary.