Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Race Proven Motorsports 8.89@154 C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha solid rear, prob on race gas and 3k lbs..... that will do alot... We are in a 100% true street car in FULL weight with pump gas and a drag radial on IRS.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly- great build guys
Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by STEALTH TURBO C5
It was Paul Z's car , here's a link to it , http://www.learntodragrace.com/
thats an awesome picture... i wonder who took it...

oh thats right... it was me

lol

Anyway, nice numbers guys!

I don't know anything about the car, but if in fact it was at CARTEK before RPM, then its hard to judge who did how much. RPM did not start with a blank canvas, so who knows. And I'm sure if the owner told CARTEK he wanted to run 8's they would have put him there with ease.

The only think i don't like is the lack of safety. Saying he built this car for the street is simply stupid, there is no way you can use that much power on the street, its just about deadly. But then again, its not my life he's playing with.

I wan 11.32@122 and people told me I was a jerk for not putting a roll bar in the car... but then again, that was 6 years ago and 11.32 was fast back then lol

I would love to see Mike R race this Z6 but seeing as how Mike's car is totally legal to run his times and the C6 is not even close, I doubt you will ever see them line up in a competition.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
8 Second Club

This is my first post was in a hurry to get out to batoun rouge and forgot my computer when my car went to cartek I bought the parts that andy had already made over 850 rear wheel hp so that should tell you what I expected! So on my way home from cartek my car shreaded a belt. some thing are better left unsaid If you dont have anything good to say dont say anything. RPM is the bomb diggty I know this much Fran gave me what I wanted Isaac aka Ricky Bobby
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Where is the damn video Fran
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL2su8eMEIc
Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frans96SS

holy **** that thing is moving!

"call us today about your 8 sec. turn key pump gas packages ."

I love it!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Hey, you got a tail light out . Sick stuff Fran.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

thats just plain sick congrats to you all at RPM!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby
This is my first post was in a hurry to get out to batoun rouge and forgot my computer when my car went to cartek I bought the parts that andy had already made over 850 rear wheel hp so that should tell you what I expected! So on my way home from cartek my car shreaded a belt. some thing are better left unsaid If you dont have anything good to say dont say anything. RPM is the bomb diggty I know this much Fran gave me what I wanted Isaac aka Ricky Bobby
Your car is awesome no doubt about it , if you don't want to give Cartek any credit , it's your car , so since they built the shortblock , ported your stock heads and intake , your telling us you changed all this ? I guess you were forced to make this statement then ,

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1565927641-post25.html
Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Launching!

That's awesome!!! This is the same red C6Z that was in there while my car was being worked on right?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:32 AM
8 Second Club

Your car is awesome no doubt about it , if you don't want to give Cartek any credit , it's your car , so since they built the shortblock , ported your stock heads and intake , your telling us you changed all this ? I guess you were forced to make this statement then ,

I am not bad mouthing cartek but your link tells it all 680 rwhp and thats far from what it is now and I was looking for 850 + rwhp when I took it to cartek andy had already made 865 with those same 60 pnd injectors bottom line is RPM got my car to 8.81 could cartek do it yes did they NO

Last edited by Ricky Bobby; 03-03-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

what size stall/
Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1a-play
what size stall/
3800 never stalled it up left just above idle
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quit making excuses for cartek. If he was 100% happy with thier work he would have went back there in the first place. Not went to another shop. If you have nothing good to say and are only gonna talk about cartek please dont post in this thread.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
9 Second Club

Quit making excuses for cartek. If he was 100% happy with thier work he would have went back there in the first place. Not went to another shop. If you have nothing good to say and are only gonna talk about cartek please dont post in this thread.
Excuses ?? Fran , I'm not making execuses , Cartek obviously knows how to build an 8-second car , my car is 400lbs heavier and has 25 less cubic inches and it's gone 8's . The car still has some of Cartek's work in it , so I felt it was relevant to mention it .

When Isaac got his car back from Cartek they told him what was needed to take it to the next level , and he didn't want to spend more money on the car at the time .

You guys did a great job of tweaking the car , the owner of the car lives near your shop and decided to take it to you for the fuel system and other upgrades needed to bring the car where it is now , you guys did a good job with it , but it wasn't just you . I have nothing against you or Isaac , I'm just stating facts .
Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

Excuses ?? Fran , I'm not making execuses , Cartek obviously knows how to build an 8-second car , my car is 400lbs heavier and has 25 less cubic inches and it's gone 8's . The car still has some of Cartek's work in it , so I felt it was relevant to mention it .

When Isaac got his car back from Cartek they told him what was needed to take it to the next level , and he didn't want to spend more money on the car at the time .

You guys did a great job of tweaking the car , the owner of the car lives near your shop and decided to take it to you for the fuel system and other upgrades needed to bring the car where it is now , you guys did a good job with it , but it wasn't just you . I have nothing against you or Isaac , I'm just stating facts .

How fast has your car been on pump gas? 9.3 correct? You even said it your self. Isaac didnt wanna spend more money. More or less he was just saying he didnt wanna spend it with them. Isaac is not the person to care about money. He wants something done and wants it done right. He doesnt care what it cost as long as he gets exactly what he wants.

The facts your stating are not relevant though. It doesnt matter if we started with a stock car or one half built. We went through everything again just to make sure. I dont wanna get into everything we changed bc im not bashing cartek or anyone but in the cars current state cartek had nothing to do with it.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

How fast has your car been on pump gas? 9.3 correct? You even said it your self. Isaac didnt wanna spend more money. More or less he was just saying he didnt wanna spend it with them. Isaac is not the person to care about money. He wants something done and wants it done right. He doesnt care what it cost as long as he gets exactly what he wants.

The facts your stating are not relevant though. It doesnt matter if we started with a stock car or one half built. We went through everything again just to make sure. I dont wanna get into everything we changed bc im not bashing cartek or anyone but in the cars current state cartek had nothing to do with it.
Pump gas I guess you'll run 7's on race gas then . Either way it is impressive .
Old 03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Pump gas I guess you'll run 7's on race gas then . Either way it is impressive .
Im not trying to start any **** or anything like that. We are goin to do a few more things to the car and maybe add some MS109 and i feel we can get in the 8.4 range.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

You guys bringing this beast down to car week in OC Maryland in May?! You obviously need to!! I remember seeing a badass '55 chevy down there crusin and the license plate said "runs9s", and that was crazy! Your Z is way beyond that, and still on pump gas...just plain SICK!

Quick Reply: Race Proven Motorsports 8.89@154 C6Z06