Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pittsburgh PA peeps.....or anyone near there

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pittsburgh PA peeps.....or anyone near there

My b/f and I are going to an event being held at Tom Henry Chevrolet this Saturday August 15th. I wondered if anyone else was going or even knew about it for that matter. We have a 4.5 drive and I'll be bringing my car and leaving tomorrow mid-day or so.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

local yes. but few of us are going to a BBQ/race meet at a local 1/8th mile track the same day. you going to show and back in same day or sticking around in the evening after? few of us will be out and about later in teh evening
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

We'll be there all day. Not sure what time we're heading back to VA.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Teching In

I didn't know that Tom Henry was having anything. That is where I bought my crate motor. It's a good place to get GM parts.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bgblockelcamino
local yes. but few of us are going to a BBQ/race meet at a local 1/8th mile track the same day. you going to show and back in same day or sticking around in the evening after? few of us will be out and about later in teh evening
are you going where I think you're going?

if so, i'm in.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by danhr
are you going where I think you're going?

if so, i'm in.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
My b/f and I are going to an event being held at Tom Henry Chevrolet this Saturday August 15th. I wondered if anyone else was going or even knew about it for that matter. We have a 4.5 drive and I'll be bringing my car and leaving tomorrow mid-day or so.
Hey glad to see you guys stopped up to the Starlite cruise tonight, I just saw your sig and remember seeing you drive past in the upper lot, car sounded good and looked good!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SK360
Hey glad to see you guys stopped up to the Starlite cruise tonight, I just saw your sig and remember seeing you drive past in the upper lot, car sounded good and looked good!
Hey glad you saw my car and thanks for the compliments on it. I was so amazed at all those cars!!! I've never seen a car show that big!!! We were at Tom Henry's today then everyone left for Scott Settlemire's place. We're staying on more night in Cranberry because I'm too tired to drive back tonight. Anyway I'm glad we came out.....it's been a blast!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

I was so amazed at all those cars!!! I've never seen a car show that big!!!
That is every Friday night in the summer

I wanted to come checkout the cruise at Tom Henry's but I was racing Saturday.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's pics from Tom's since you missed it

http://flaminbird.smugmug.com/galler...7_ago9g#P-1-16
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My fiance and I wanted to go, but we were moving into our new place this weekend. It looks like a nice turn out.

One thing that surprised me after moving up here was how small Tom Henry Chevrolet is. With everything they do, I assumed they were some giant dealer. Nope, just nestled on the side of a hill with a modest lot. They obviously don't need an elaborate building to do what they do best.

How'd you like it up here, Flamin? I miss NoVA since moving here, but I remember you stating in another thread how much you dislike it down there. I would move back if my fiance would agree to.

SK360 - Sorry I met you guys at Starlight a couple months ago and haven't been back. My fiance and I have been crazy busy since moving here. We want to swing out again when we find the time. It's also painful for me since I don't have a LSX right now.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

We were surprised how small Tom Henry's dealership was too! I loved that part of PA and have never been there before. I am originally from PA near Philly, borned/raised there for 32 yrs till I moved here. I do totally dislike it here. It's not what it was when I moved here in 2001. Its too overcrowded, too much traffic and too many foreigners that don't know how to drive. Down here when the light turns green people sit unlike in PA where they actually put their foot on the damn gas pedal. It's highly likely that if you're 5 cars back in a left hand turn lane that when that green arrow goes you wont get to go through and have to wait through another cycle. I'd move back to PA in a heartbeat!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Up here, we're definitly in better company with our "blue-collar" sports cars. Then again, it was nice to be "different" amongst the yuppies
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Teching In

hmm, odd, no love for the only GTO that was at Tom's Saturday....
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bet my b/f got pics of it. Honestly I was so hot I just had to stay under the tent most of the time...was feeling pretty sick and could not feel cooler no matter what I did . I'd venture out for like 15 minutes then have to go into the showroom or back under the tent

And demonspeed....I'd much rather be around blue collar people then the ones around here. Its not only yuppies but just plain ignorant self centered people
Old 08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

And demonspeed....I'd much rather be around blue collar people then the ones around here. Its not only yuppies but just plain ignorant self centered people
I think that's what happens when it's all work and no play.

I miss the Mexicans, though. They are harder workers than the white trash up here. You go to any convenience store or fast food and the people are just miserably rude. Mexicans don't say anything. They just do as asked, and they do it without question.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by camarochevy1970
hmm, odd, no love for the only GTO that was at Tom's Saturday....
Wasn't the purpose of the show to bring Camaros together?

It's like when Corvette people get all bent out of shape when other cars show up at their stuff, yet they come out to all of the other car-specific shows.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Wasn't the purpose of the show to bring Camaros together?
lol true, but I figured with the Vettes, the Kaiser and the other none fbucket vehicles there, that maybe snobishness wasn't taking place that day lol
Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

camaros were at the B.R.A.!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I think that's what happens when it's all work and no play.

I miss the Mexicans, though. They are harder workers than the white trash up here. You go to any convenience store or fast food and the people are just miserably rude. Mexicans don't say anything. They just do as asked, and they do it without question.
That is exactly the MAIN reason I can't take this area anymore. Hard workers?? Polite?? Not the one's here. All they do is stare and stand outside the 7/11 or the corners by the bad apartments in Manassas. They can't drive worth a crap and don't bring anything good to the area. Their kids scream and holler in the stores and they do nothing about it. Manassas has become so rundown in the last 2 yrs. While it wasn't any really nice place when I moved here it has really gone down hill now. Almost every single store is mexican and the ones that aren't are vacant and run down. Rt 28 is bad through town. Most of the stuff along there is an eyesore. Thankfully Bristow is nice and not like Manassas but man I don't feel like I'm in the U.S anymore around here. I should go to Mexico because there's no one living there anymore!!!!!! LOL...but true!

That's the one thing I didnt see when we were in Mars! So nice!!! My b/f and I even commented on it. I said....notice what's missing up here?? Back where I lived the same thing....blue collar nice people!

But anyway....sorry I didnt get a pic of the GTO . I'm not partial to just firebirds