Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

GodSpeed Dyno near State College, PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GodSpeed Dyno near State College, PA

I will be getting a cam installed in the next 8 months or so and I will be needing a tune. Has anyone gone to this dyno before? It’s relatively close for me so that’s why I am asking. If you look at his history and services it looks like he knows what he’s doing but I will have to ask how much experience he has had with the LS1.

sorry no links to non sponsor shops please...Moderator

Last edited by thechef; 11-05-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I met Bart when he had first relocated from California to Potters Mills. He was into imports and carb'd stuff. Some local guys had him tune their carb stuff, but I didn't know anyone who had him tune their EFI. All of my friends went to Rapid.

With that said, he has probably done a lot more LS1 stuff since he first relocated to the area.

This thread will probably be deleted since he's not a sponsor.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t know that you weren’t allowed to post non-sponsored dynos, I thought it was just companies that sold aftermarket parts and stuff. Where is Rapid located? I am looking for someone pretty close that will do a good tune the first time.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went there with a friend and saw how its operated
Do yourself a favor and go to Rapid Motor Sports

http://www.rapidmotorsports.com/
Old 11-03-2009, 06:14 AM
12 Second Club

Talk to Mike at Rapid..He has my car now.I did alot of searching & asking & everyone that went to him was satisfied..
Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I go to school at PSU and we have had a few dyno day's there for fun with the Penn State car club and i am not a big fan of him. He was frightened the whole time a friend of mine had his spray'd SS on the dyno of a rod going through the block haha. I took mine over to Mikey at Rapid over in reading. It is a drive from here but definitly worth it, great guy. You live in state college?? if so we should meet up sometime when i bring mine up here!!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

another vote for Mikey! from a couple of stories i heard, i wouldnt let the guy at Godspeed tune a bicycle.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlk1950
Talk to Mike at Rapid..He has my car now.I did alot of searching & asking & everyone that went to him was satisfied..
i see that you're from Portage, but dont ever recall seeing or hearing about your car. do you have it out much? i only live about 10 minutes from there.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
I go to school at PSU and we have had a few dyno day's there for fun with the Penn State car club and i am not a big fan of him. He was frightened the whole time a friend of mine had his spray'd SS on the dyno of a rod going through the block haha. I took mine over to Mikey at Rapid over in reading. It is a drive from here but definitly worth it, great guy. You live in state college?? if so we should meet up sometime when i bring mine up here!!
Yeah, I have been doing some research today and I am pretty sure I will be taking the car to Rapid when I get the cam. I live in Bellefonte (15 mins away) but I work in State College. Next time you bring your car up let me know, that would be cool.

I went to Godspeed with a friend to get his import dynoed about three years ago but that was before I got my WS6. He seemed like a nice guy but it sounds like there are more knowledgeable tuners for our cars out there. haha
Old 11-05-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha definitly tryin to get a meet together when i get my junk up here. also if you haven't settled for a cam yet talk to mikey about it, he runs sick nasty deals on cam/springs/rods/install/tune.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorrry that was directed to the OP shoulda clarified, i know you are that'll change come spring time when i lay a whoooopin on that bottle fed baby.

Quick Reply: GodSpeed Dyno near State College, PA