Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

anyone in/near the lexington-harrisonburg va area (blue ridge)

Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone in/near the lexington-harrisonburg va area (blue ridge)

hey all i havent been on here much for awhile ive been hangin out more on ls1truck.com and pt.net but figured id start lurking again since im gona start my lsx build on my 86 ta soon. was wondering if i got anyone near me also? i had a run in with a clean black 98+ z28 on halloween in verona i believe it had lts ory and a cam.(i konw vague) anyway if your close by let me know few of us have been ryig to get a group together for cruises and whatnot.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:45 AM
On The Tree

hey im about to move to the harrisonburg area as i just picked up a job working at sugar grove, wv. im down to meet some cool people to hang out with and work on cars.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Launching!

im in culpeper
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

hey sorry i havent been on and checked this post in a few days i blew the 10bolt out of my yukon over the weekend so ive been stressing on getting it put back together! lol yeah there isnt much going on around here and the few guys in know that have f-bodys dont come out or know much about them.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

sorry bout the rear man that sucks. well as far as my job goes ill be out there in the beginning of december and dont know anybody in the area really. cant wait to start this job and get caught back up on bills so i can get back to building my car lol. shouldnt be to bad though civilian contractor job working out at sugar grove 10 hour days mon-thur.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

thats great! i hope to sell my 82 ta soon to start my build on my 86 a thats been sitting i believe ive changed plans again and ill be going with a 5.3 stalled auto and some boost!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

that would be sick man. my best friend from back home had a stock 87 firebird with the 305. i think those cars look sexy.

**** im still on the fence of what i want to do to mine lol. one day i stick with n/a and possibly nitrous, next day its a procharger, after that its turbos. all random like wish i would just choose lol. right now ive been sticking with n/a but then its like do i want to just throw heads and cam on the 346 or just wait and build the 408. gaaahhh so annoying.

wish it was easier with this car as it was my 73 nova. 400 sbc 30 over midsize cam with a edelbrock performer intake carb with a set of camel hump heads. car was alot of fun but i was only 16 when me and my uncle built that one. i want the camaro to be more of a strip/ weekend warrior. if i want gas mileage ill just go jump on my sportster lol.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah i know what you mean lol. My 82 ta has a nastly lil 305 lol well it should hang with stockish ls1 cars. I started building a forged aluminum headed solid cam 383 for it but decided to sell the car to fund my 86 build lol so im gona put that 383 in my 86 k10 and pull with it lol.should be a pretty wild pickup i was shoting to run high 10s in 1/4 with that motor in the car. But ive got 5 vehicles including the wifes car and me having 4 projects gets old so one has to go.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

sorry to bump a kind of old thread.. I am in Harrisonburg and I am always looking for a cruise or meet.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Heck yeah im just a lil south of you in verona! I kinda went on a mini cruise last sunday with my buddy jeff he is on here but dont know his user name he has a 02 z28 h/c/i. Sadly in the next few weeks i qwill not be able to cruise in my 82 anymore since ill be stripping it and sell it to finish putting my 86 back together which im hoping will be done by summer or atleast driveable by then!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm originally from Weyers Cave but I've been in Pa for the last five years. I will be down there for Thanksgiving but in the ladies Acura.LOL There isn't much of a Fbody scene in the valley, mostly imports. I think there are a couple that run up at Eastside but nothing major. I'm going to bring my truck and car down in the spring and go to Eastside with a buddy just to **** off the locals.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

yeah not much going on here f-body wise :/ really the only really nice/fast cars around anymore come from other places tralored in for shows and what not! :/ yeah i been to eastside a handful of time that track kinda sucks though. until i get my turbo build done on my 86 i will prob not hit the track again in a f-body but ill make sure to test out the wifes g6 and continue on my quest for 8s in the 1/8 in my yukon xl lol
Old 11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by screamin86
yeah not much going on here f-body wise :/ really the only really nice/fast cars around anymore come from other places tralored in for shows and what not! :/ yeah i been to eastside a handful of time that track kinda sucks though. until i get my turbo build done on my 86 i will prob not hit the track again in a f-body but ill make sure to test out the wifes g6 and continue on my quest for 8s in the 1/8 in my yukon xl lol
Why stop at 8's with the Yukon? So far my best 1/8th in my truck is 7.41 and I'm going to try for 6.99 in the Spring. Throw a turbo on the Yukon and let it eat.LOL Eastside is a pretty shitty track but it's the only option down there unless you drive to Richmond. There are some nasty Fbodys down in Richmond and Va Beach.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

yes id love to do a custom front mount kit on my yukon but its the dd and until we get a house a major project on my dd is a nono to the wife lol. we also have natural bridge its suppose to be a good 1/8th track but ive never been. yeah im a member of hrfbody.com hampton roads and ive been down for a cruise before down the colonial parkway and it was a blast. i have family down that way and my uncle is into f-bodys but he keeps his all original lol.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

My truck is my daily driver too but I don't blame you. I'm hoping to get another daily driver before Spring so I don't have to worry about breaking anymore. I know people that run down at the Bridge and say it's decent.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah i plan to see how fast i can make this boat after we buy a house and get setteled in! I bought a 86 k10 to dd since i needed a pickup and i wanted to save mileage on the yukon and shoot it was only $1500 with 83k original miles on the clock. I ran it for about 2months and then i lost the no.7 piston top ringland. I bought a new mild build 350 for it and the swaped in th350 went lol hopefully ill have a trans for it in the next couple of weeks and to top it off i blew up my first gov bomb in my yukon a few weeks back. Luckaly the r&p were unharmed so to do a quick fix i got another gov bomb to go in until i can aford to go with a true trac.

Search this Thread