Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

i guess its time for an ls1 car or another lt1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post i guess its time for an ls1 car or another lt1?

I bought a 1996 Firebird Formula just over a month ago, and i've had nothing but problems with it since week one, ever since it failed inspection ,its a really long story, ever since they touched it it hasn't been the same. Well needless to say i'm getting my $6200 back. they guarantedd it to pass nj state inspcetion so it was free the 5 times i took it there it couldn't get straightened out so im done with it. I loved the torque of the lt1, it felt awesome. Just the car wasn't so great. It only has 71k miles and its in good shape interior ans somewhat exterior wise.
So far i've seartched ebay,cars.com, and autotrader with no such luck.
My question where the heck can i find a camaro/firebird, there's hardly any in my area, i live in NW new jersey, near philipsburg. I'd prefer the mileage be no higher than 120k miles. my price range is like the 7500 or less range. What are some TRUSTWORTHY dealers that aren't selling heaps or auctioned cars? Anywhere like allentown quakertown, scranton, emmaus, etc etc. my Zip code is 07823 and will drive withthin the 200 mile area. It can either be a A4 or M6 preferably an m6 though. i dont care what kind of gears it has. and hardtop or T-tops only, NO Verts.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My suggestion would be to watch dc and NY areas and if you have to travel for the right price, then its fine.

keep looking and you'll find a great deal, I found one in wv for 3k, but it needs the quarter fixed, but it only had 95k, the only reason I didn't buy it is that it was a vert and an auto.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deals are out there, your gonna pay more at a dealer for less of a car IMO. check the for sale section in here. You can find a pretty nice Ls1 Fbody for 7500 or less.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

LS1 fbody will give you less headaches, but you can find a heavily modified LT1 for $7500.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of good deals in the classified section here as well...I think someone is selling a pretty nice NBM B4C...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-c...o-b4c-nbm.html

Nick