Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Roush Stage 3 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roush Stage 3 Mustang?

How fast are these cars? I know they are rated at 450 hp at the factory but what kind of times do they run? It's some rich kids all stock trying to make some quick cash. If they run equal to the new camaro I will be unimpressed to say the least.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

I would say that the HP listed below may NOT be rear-wheel, on the dyno HP.

The Shelby's, Saleens (SMS) and Roush Stangs tend to use flywheel and other ways of measuring HP. Of the three, Roush and Shelby tend to be closer to thier advertised HP. These cars are a bit heavy, and (as Slowhawk once said) are "torque-less" and make the HP at top end. They have a hard time getting out of the hole (no gears) and also have heavy wheels.

I would estimate high 11's to low 12's as they sit.

Caveats- They respond well to simple tweaks like a more aggressive tune, gears and exhaust. When someone says "stock" I always wonder..

The 2010 ROUSH® Stage 3™ Mustang once again takes its rightful place atop the hierarchy of Jack Roush's lineup. This vehicle packs a punch with 540hp and 510 lb-ft and is fully-loaded with the ROUSH® body components; resonator exhaust; four-piston front brakes with 14-inch rotors and painted rear calipers with slotted rotors; and the new upper billet grille which removes the fog lamps and streamlines the appearance of the new Mustang while improving cooling performance. Interior enhancements include ROUSH® leather seats with an embroidered Jack Roush signature; four-piece performance pedals; ROUSH® illuminated sill plates; short throw shifter with black or white ball; and a new interior Stage 3™ badge with the car's serial number engraved.

The 2010 ROUSH® Stage 3™ Mustang rides on 18-inch chrome wheels with high-performance Cooper RS3 tires; 20-inch chrome wheels with Cooper RS3 tires are one of the few options available on this model. The suspension package includes ROUSH® front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, front and rear stabilizer bars and jounce bumpers.

"The ROUSH® Stage 3™ Mustang has traditionally been among the halo vehicles of our lineup and I'm really proud that it sits atop the pecking order once again," said Jack Roush. "This new iteration of the Stage 3™ represents our highest horsepower and most sophisticated ROUSH® Mustang yet, and is sure to resonate among our fans."

The 2010 ROUSH® Stage 3™ Mustang will have a limited production run of only 103 vehicles.

This vehicle uses the same engine that debuted in the 2009 ROUSH® P-51B™ Mustang. In order to get this type of power from the Ford 4.6L, 3-valve engine, ROUSH technicians replace many of the internal components with stronger parts including forged aluminum pistons (with an increased dish to lower the compression ratio from 9.8 to 8.6), forged steel H-Beam connecting rods and a forged steel crankshaft. The fuel rails are changed, as are the fuel injectors and an upgraded fuel pump. ROUSH® also upgrades the clutch and includes a custom-calibration for the ECM to manage the performance of the next-generation R2300 ROUSHcharger®.

As is standard with all new ROUSH® Mustangs, this car will come with the anti-wheel hop kit installed during the assembly process. This part (No. 401788) is an outstanding addition to any 2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 PM
8 Second Club

its a GT500 he has DICK BAG
Old 04-20-2010, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
its a GT500 he has DICK BAG
Big difference between a Saleen and a GT500
Old 04-20-2010, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmurfLSX
How fast are these cars? I know they are rated at 450 hp at the factory but what kind of times do they run? It's some rich kids all stock trying to make some quick cash. If they run equal to the new camaro I will be unimpressed to say the least.
What year is it? The SN95's run like a low 13.

Even the newer 427 R will run a 13 flat at about 108.

The sad part is a new GT 5.0 will make those over priced cars look silly. LOL

If its not a modded Terminator, GT500, or a KB mach 1, I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you got an 12 flat or better car.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

The new stangs make some steam.

Just did a Saleen 281 the other day. In stock trim it put down 450 rwhp.

With a smaller pully and a handheld programmer the new supercharged stangs can put down in the 500's without too much fuss.

.....but these things weigh as much as a bus.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Teching In

Test drove the # 5 car at imperial ford in mendon mass.Nice car but not as fancy as the 427R car, They had #5 and # 9 both black both have been sold.

Both cars sold for over 60 grand, I really would of liked the red if they could get it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People who run for cash with a stock car useually means it is not stock, or they are too dumb to know.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
People who run for cash with a stock car useually means it is not stock, or they are too dumb to know.
ding ding...^^what he said. so you can end up making some really easy cash or be set up to lose a bunch.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I know for a fact its stock. The kids dad bought it for him, I think he's 16. I saw him at quick check reving the **** out of it the other day.

Quick Reply: Roush Stage 3 Mustang?