Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

HPTuners broke AGAIN, anyone in the area? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default HPTuners broke AGAIN, anyone in the area? HELP

Trying to get my junk and some others stuff down to OC for Hot Rod weekend, and of course HPT interface takes a dump again right before.

Went thru this right before LSx shootout a while ago, had to buy credits on someone elses cable to get car tuned. Ever since I got it back "repaired" its randomly dropped connection but always picked it back up. Figures it just dead craps out now. Tried to get the thing next dayd to them, after them wasting a few days having me test something I know was broke to no end, now they are telling me 10-14 days once they get it!

The last time I next day'd the cable to them it sat in their PO box for days while no one checked it. They charged me about double to return it next day then what it cost to send it next day too, that was swell. Needless to say I am less than impressed with their customer service

I tried to get them to send me a interface in the meantime lastime to no avail and this time as well, hoping they could put a hold on credit card or something thinking it wouldnt be a big deal to help out a customer that spent $10,000 with you but that doesnt seem to be recieved very well either.

Anyway, does anyone have a vette/fbody unlimited cable we might be able to do something without having to add a million credits to a cable by chance? What your choice of beer we can keep you well stocked if going to OC

Help a brotha out, trying to get all these LSterds OC bound in a hurry
Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same issue with the tuner not being able to complete a data upload from the log. Turned out it was my laptop that had a spyware program running in the background eating up processing and causing problems.

I wiped my harddrive and started over and everything is good to go now.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure if its the same. Only plug nito car, unit gets power from OBD port no problem. Only plug into latop, get power from USB no problem

Try to connect, says "connect cable or turn vehicle key on" Unplug the USB and try and connect, it says no interface found, so it IS recognizing that it is plugged into the interface
Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had weird intermittent issues which ended up being my car battery.

It seems the battery was too low at times when I was trying to read/write, so it wouldnt connect.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Half dozen different cars/trucks

Quick Reply: HPTuners broke AGAIN, anyone in the area? HELP