Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

does anyone here go to island dragway in jersey?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default does anyone here go to island dragway in jersey?

i havent been there in years and thinking bout tryin to get some runs in... how is it there now a days??
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JL and the chef do, not sure if they are going any time soon. I would go when I start racing again.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedWS7
i havent been there in years and thinking bout tryin to get some runs in... how is it there now a days??

I ran there a bunch of times last summer. it's ok if they prep the track properly. I had a few issues w the workers there but that's a whole diffenert story. I did hear threw the grapevive that they repaved it eariler this yr but don't quote me on it.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
I ran there a bunch of times last summer. it's ok if they prep the track properly. I had a few issues w the workers there but that's a whole diffenert story. I did hear threw the grapevive that they repaved it eariler this yr but don't quote me on it.
It wasn't the staging lane guy was it? That guy is a flat out ***. Friday night track prep is trash. I hear weekend prep is decent.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nickolbag
It wasn't the staging lane guy was it? That guy is a flat out ***. Friday night track prep is trash. I hear weekend prep is decent.
I couldn't agree more with those statements. The staff at Island Dragway has such a poor attitude that I just drive the extra hour to englishtown. The only thing that has changed in they resurfaced part of the track within the last year or so. IMO the staff needs a MAJOR attitude adjustment if they want my business.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SmurfLSX
I couldn't agree more with those statements. The staff at Island Dragway has such a poor attitude that I just drive the extra hour to englishtown. The only thing that has changed in they resurfaced part of the track within the last year or so. IMO the staff needs a MAJOR attitude adjustment if they want my business.
I used to live 15 minutes from Island. Drove over an hour to Atco every time. I'll never go back to Island.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

I used to live 15 minutes from Island. Drove over an hour to Atco every time. I'll never go back to Island.
Do you even remember how to get to Atco???
Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok. i might try to go up to island and check it out and see. i was just at atco on thursday and had a great time (track rental) its been years since ive raced and havent tried out the setup that been in my car for the past 4 years. turns out i need practice... lol. 11.4@131
Old 05-21-2010, 07:31 PM
8 Second Club

there is 1 or 2 guys there that are dick heads.... othere then that the rest of the people are nice... track prep is ok on sat or sunday... beter then nothing
Old 05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Smile J&s guys will be ther....

See u ther, satuday.............
Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol dude u read my mind. I got into to it with him over my buddys car blowing the rear in the burn out box, the ******** said if ur cars not build to go down the track don't bring the f ing POS here. Well I totally fliped out n shoved the guy back n that was the end of it for me. Yea the track prep sucks on a Friday nite but it's 45 mins from me n I can run a bunch of times a nite. maple grove is bout 55mins from me but u lucky if u get 1-2 passes n that's it. if u ain't got a pro-mod or a $100,000 race car ur gonna be siting. So I put up w the crapy road going in to the place n the ******** guy, to get to ran my car a bunch of times n get my moneys worth.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by C5_Pete
Do you even remember how to get to Atco???
My car is leaking oil like a BP rig again. Once I get that squared away I may try and find that track again.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Banned

lol dude u read my mind. I got into to it with him over my buddys car blowing the rear in the burn out box, the ******** said if ur cars not build to go down the track don't bring the f ing POS here. Well I totally fliped out n shoved the guy back n that was the end of it for me. Yea the track prep sucks on a Friday nite but it's 45 mins from me n I can run a bunch of times a nite. maple grove is bout 55mins from me but u lucky if u get 1-2 passes n that's it. if u ain't got a pro-mod or a $100,000 race car ur gonna be siting. So I put up w the crapy road going in to the place n the ******** guy, to get to ran my car a bunch of times n get my moneys worth.
Yea that guy and one dude with white hair are flat out dicks. There is also a guy in tech that has the same mentality. Although the last time I was at Island there was a member of the staff in the staging lanes who was actually a pretty decent guy.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmurfLSX
Yea that guy and one dude with white hair are flat out dicks. There is also a guy in tech that has the same mentality. Although the last time I was at Island there was a member of the staff in the staging lanes who was actually a pretty decent guy.
I never had a problem with any of the tech guys but then again i just have a stock looking street car . the guys in the burnout boxes a pretty dec to but they dont watch enough to see if the cars a leaking or not. I think they just love watching cars heat the tires up or something lol
Old 05-22-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

After I went earlier this year, I've decided that I'm not wasting another dime at a dragstrip with shitty track prep and ******** employees. If I lived next to Island Dragway I would make the trip to Englishtown or Atco to race.

The guy in the staging lane was the straw that broke the camels back.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

I never had a problem with any of the tech guys but then again i just have a stock looking street car . the guys in the burnout boxes a pretty dec to but they dont watch enough to see if the cars a leaking or not. I think they just love watching cars heat the tires up or something lol
Yeah I agree the guys in the burnout box are pretty cool.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Two weeks ago I ran 9.75 at a different track, I went to Island and ran 13's Friday night. That track is a shithole period. The staff are dicks and the prep is non existant. If you have a 13 second car its probably ok, but anything fast is going to struggle there.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

The shut down area is too short. I also have had some issues with the guy in the lanes.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ibepressin
The shut down area is too short. I also have had some issues with the guy in the lanes.
The shut down area is one thing I don't mind about Island. I could see if your trapping 160 but I was trapping 128 and had no problem slowing down.