11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Detailing (06 Acura TL)

About 70k miles, and had some surprises

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post254625
Old 08-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Job, and yea that thing had left over wax ALL over it. A little Retarded IMO. That paint line is a little rediculous. Should have had the tail light out and sprayed into that. Great loo though either way.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:53 AM
11 Second Club

I felt bad, tons of sanding marks on the front and rear

Owner had no idea, I didn't notice it right away though the color match on the front is good, but when I did the 1st pass and saw those I was like wtf. Clear is smooth as a baby's butt, sucks. They are nice cars though.

We did the interior too but I forgot to take pics. Took my a while to get that door sill all cleaned up
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

You would be amazed at what a "trained" eye can see, a few people here mentioned it and as I get more into the detailing thing, you see everything wrong with a car and it gets a little obscene.

I am ok at seeing mistakes in paint jobs but working on getting better.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
You would be amazed at what a "trained" eye can see, a few people here mentioned it and as I get more into the detailing thing, you see everything wrong with a car and it gets a little obscene.

I am ok at seeing mistakes in paint jobs but working on getting better.
I noticed the clear overspay on the hood as well, but it was too fine for the camera to pick up. If they just sanded it down better it would have been a decent repair, thats what gave it away on the hood. The rear quarter was blended in a few inches and you can tell underthe florecents, along with a light run or 2. All original panels though. still a nice car, if it was mine I might repaint the hood at some point. also what you cant really see in the camera are a few fish eye looking things near the sanding, looks like they used an orbital and just dead stopped on a couple spots. too bad, the match on the hood was decent.

Sanding marks under the clear.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

JL had that on a Quarter Panel, it came from the factory, someone there did not complete the repaint correctly and GM would not warrentee the work as it was not rust, rot, or corrosion.

Silver though is one of the toughest next to a DARK metallic flake to blend correctly and most times the entire car needs to be half painted to get the front clip to look right.