Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Little detailing of 02scvette's car

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Little detailing of 02scvette's car

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...1-corvette.htm

Yes yes I know its says 01, my friend forgot, and yes I know there is wax residue in the flag emblem , LOL, took that shot too early I think.

The next pewter car will be mine eventually.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Job. I am a BIG user of Bleech Wite, gets ALL the garbage off the tires. makes it a good prep to add whatever gloss you want. I wish I had picks but definitly if you can get some Meg's Hyper Dressing, and Ratio 1:1 and I have had EVERY tire no matter how brown they all look brand new and stay that way for at least a week and if the car sits outside, still looks great as a semi gloss and down to a Matte finish. If the car is garaged, then it stays on for months at a time or until its Bleech Wite'ed again.

I noticed its harder to get lighter colors looking like a major difference has occured, you defintly made great progress with yours.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Great Job. I am a BIG user of Bleech Wite, gets ALL the garbage off the tires. makes it a good prep to add whatever gloss you want. I wish I had picks but definitly if you can get some Meg's Hyper Dressing, and Ratio 1:1 and I have had EVERY tire no matter how brown they all look brand new and stay that way for at least a week and if the car sits outside, still looks great as a semi gloss and down to a Matte finish. If the car is garaged, then it stays on for months at a time or until its Bleech Wite'ed again.

I noticed its harder to get lighter colors looking like a major difference has occured, you defintly made great progress with yours.
Other than the hood the car wasn't bad. I agree light colors like silver/white and in this case pewter hide imperfections quite well. We weren't planning on going as aggressive as we did but the clear was very hard. In fact we used menzerna exclusively because the prima was working slower than we wanted.
Its a LPE optioned car, so I dunno if the hood is factory painted or not, but it was tough.

I'll let Mike comment on if he notices a difference.

We've been using chemical guys extreme shine for dressing and so far I'm a fan, plus it smells awesome. This car took 2 of us 8 hrs. Might be adding another tool to the arsenal soon to make agressive and 1st pass work go a bit quicker. BTW I like that prima amigo cleaner/glaze. It makes the paint glow a bit and adds a little depth. We only used it on the hood and rear bumper to help fill in some tough spots but man it made a difference.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Other than the hood the car wasn't bad. I agree light colors like silver/white and in this case pewter hide imperfections quite well. We weren't planning on going as aggressive as we did but the clear was very hard. In fact we used menzerna exclusively because the prima was working slower than we wanted.
Its a LPE optioned car, so I dunno if the hood is factory painted or not, but it was tough.

I'll let Mike comment on if he notices a difference.

We've been using chemical guys extreme shine for dressing and so far I'm a fan, plus it smells awesome. This car took 2 of us 8 hrs. Might be adding another tool to the arsenal soon to make agressive and 1st pass work go a bit quicker. BTW I like that prima amigo cleaner/glaze. It makes the paint glow a bit and adds a little depth. We only used it on the hood and rear bumper to help fill in some tough spots but man it made a difference.
My mother in law just got a 2011 Ford Edge and that thing has a White Pearl Paint which is cool but VERY hard to see if product is coming off and I was worried about using too much and having it streak.

I think the hood is not factory as far as paint is concerned. Did you notice a diff if at all working the hood vs other spots??

The Hyper Dressing I use smells like Bubble Gum, if I recall or something close to it. Maybe Cherry Bubble Gum. If you were closer I'd make you up a bottle to try out. Maybe when I work on a member's car up in MA at some point I'll have to drop by and give you some.

I used NXT 2.0 liquid vs the Paste and found it much easier to work with and especially if I wanted to use my 30$ cheapo wax spreader. I tend to be heavy handed when spreading on product.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work.

HyperDressing is good stuff, I gave up using it on tires since it doesn't last all that long. I switched over to Optimum Opti-Bond at 1:1 and it works great! It even gets good longevity.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Jokeman
Nice work.

HyperDressing is good stuff, I gave up using it on tires since it doesn't last all that long. I switched over to Optimum Opti-Bond at 1:1 and it works great! It even gets good longevity.
I dunno. The only time I notice not lasting as long as I would like is when it rained very heavily and litterally washed it off. But some pumps on the bottle and letting it dwell and I am back in biz. I'll have to try out opti bond once my gallon of concentrate runs out and see.

The biggest issue was with Nitto Tires as almost all store bought products never adhere all that well.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Launching!

It came out looking great Dan! Kudos for yet another sweet job. LPE would have either painted the hood or used a local shop to paint it so I'd expect some difference as compared to the factory paint. I wish that I could enjoy the car this week but I'm in PR..... wait... that's not a bad thing. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more once I'm back and get to see the car in the sun light since I picked it up when it was nearly dark out. It'll be interesting to see how the vinyl auto-x numbers stick now....
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Congrats on making that Pewter come alive.