SAF Sues NJ over Carry Permits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SAF Sues NJ over Carry Permits!

OH HELLS YEAH!

http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=346

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today filed suit in U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey against several New Jersey officials for deprivation of civil rights under color of law.

Now I have to hurry up and wait...
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

If everyone carried, very few would be mugged/robbed/raped.
It's almost too simple actually.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's ridiculous how they have denied carry permits to people who clearly have a need for them. ******* liberal *****.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look at PA's process

The process for obtaining an LTCF in Pennsylvania is excellent due to the fact that the process is very thorough in making sure that permits are not granted to people that may be irresponsible or pose a danger to others (minors, convicted felons, domestic abusers, etc.) while making it very simple for trustworthy, law-abiding people to obtain one quickly and cheaply.
That's the way it should be
Old 11-22-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

PA is easy, I filled out my app they checked out my back ground and a couple weeks later I got it. I hate having to dis-arm when I go into Jersey, especially when I have to work in the dirty *** cities there.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 7998
PA is easy, I filled out my app they checked out my back ground and a couple weeks later I got it. I hate having to dis-arm when I go into Jersey, especially when I have to work in the dirty *** cities there.
At least in the dirty *** cities of PA you have your gun with you!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

PA is also an open carry state. No permit required. http://paopencarry.org/

The process in PA for permit is very simple. 10 minute visit to the courthouse and you're in.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Yes they will win that suit.

Every citizen has the right granted to them by the 2nd Amendment of The Constitution to keep and bear arms. If you have a clean mental health and criminal history there is no reason for any citizen to be denied these given rights.

The law says you can appeal a suspension, revocation or denial of a License by filing a petition for judicial review in district court within 90 days. The law also says that if you do not get a License within 40 days from your date of application, you can assume you are denied and go to court. The court will expect you to prove that the chief’s decision to deny you was “capricious” or “arbitrary.”

What will probably happen here is the Chief of police will have to grant these licenses but the law does not dictate stipulations per license. In other words the chief could grant you a license to carry under the terms written on the license AND under whatever stipulations they put.

For example he could put "Only valid from the hours of 1am-2am" or something rediculous like that, just to be hard up on em. The federal laws only deal with issuing, not with the details.

Hopefully for these guys things work out.

Speaking of, it looks like its about that time to renew mine...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Yes they will win that suit.

Every citizen has the right granted to them by the 2nd Amendment of The Constitution to keep and bear arms. If you have a clean mental health and criminal history there is no reason for any citizen to be denied these given rights.

The law says you can appeal a suspension, revocation or denial of a License by filing a petition for judicial review in district court within 90 days. The law also says that if you do not get a License within 40 days from your date of application, you can assume you are denied and go to court. The court will expect you to prove that the chief’s decision to deny you was “capricious” or “arbitrary.”

What will probably happen here is the Chief of police will have to grant these licenses but the law does not dictate stipulations per license. In other words the chief could grant you a license to carry under the terms written on the license AND under whatever stipulations they put.

For example he could put "Only valid from the hours of 1am-2am" or something rediculous like that, just to be hard up on em. The federal laws only deal with issuing, not with the details.

Hopefully for these guys things work out.

Speaking of, it looks like its about that time to renew mine...
That is true however, the SCOTUS decision of Mc Donnald Vs Chicago said that you one can only place "reasonable restrictions" 1-2am is not reasonable. Reasonable is if you are a child rapist you dont get a gun.

I can't wait. That G19 will be on my person 24/7
Old 11-23-2010, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
That is true however, the SCOTUS decision of Mc Donnald Vs Chicago said that you one can only place "reasonable restrictions" 1-2am is not reasonable. Reasonable is if you are a child rapist you dont get a gun.

I can't wait. That G19 will be on my person 24/7
Yeah I used that as an example because I've seen it done. In the above case being in chicago, even though it was federal law being reserved its still very much so a locality issue. I know in boston unless your LEO, you can never get a LTC unless its restricted to target essentially, no conceal and thats if your lucky. Even if you own a MA unrestricted class-A, its a no go.

Point is federal law holds no restrictions for you to carry and conceal anywhere, but it gets trumped by the state or town.

Its a bad policy imo, Do a background check and if you're clean, fill out all documentation, you get one, no "if's and's or but's". If they want to make you go to firearms safety and have 3 references, etc, whatever, but at that point it should not be discretionary of the local dept to put stipulations on your license.

Its only going to get tougher and tougher.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Yeah I used that as an example because I've seen it done. In the above case being in chicago, even though it was federal law being reserved its still very much so a locality issue. I know in boston unless your LEO, you can never get a LTC unless its restricted to target essentially, no conceal and thats if your lucky. Even if you own a MA unrestricted class-A, its a no go.

Point is federal law holds no restrictions for you to carry and conceal anywhere, but it gets trumped by the state or town.

Its a bad policy imo, Do a background check and if you're clean, fill out all documentation, you get one, no "if's and's or but's". If they want to make you go to firearms safety and have 3 references, etc, whatever, but at that point it should not be discretionary of the local dept to put stipulations on your license.

Its only going to get tougher and tougher.
I think the ball is rolling in our favor. Still up hill, but plenty of momentum to make it over the top.

Time will tell. Im sick of NJ and its retarded laws/taxes and so on. Once I get my RA I am more than sure I will move out. I love NC and Texas seems nice as well. Just can't take this **** hole of a state ant its politics anymore. Getting my CCW might make me stay a bit longer lol.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

I think the ball is rolling in our favor. Still up hill, but plenty of momentum to make it over the top.

Time will tell. Im sick of NJ and its retarded laws/taxes and so on. Once I get my RA I am more than sure I will move out. I love NC and Texas seems nice as well. Just can't take this **** hole of a state ant its politics anymore. Getting my CCW might make me stay a bit longer lol.
Yup, everything about this state sucks ***.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
Yup, everything about this state sucks ***.
Well, not everything, we do have good drag strips that stay open into November/December.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Well, not everything, we do have good drag strips that stay open into November/December.
Bradenton is a VERY fast track and open all year long.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Bradenton is a VERY fast track and open all year long.
True...same goes for Houston Raceway Park.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

ahh if this passes then i'll definetly get a gun.

regardless bad people will still have guns.

hopefully now the good will be able to protect themselves.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Wimimc
ahh if this passes then i'll definetly get a gun.

regardless bad people will still have guns.

hopefully now the good will be able to protect themselves.
Exactly right! In a world where guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

You should have a firearm regardless of wheather you can carry or not. Bad guys can come into your home you know... Just ask the Petit family...
Old 11-24-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Concealed means concealed.. that's all I'm sayin'..
Old 11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by eskimo
concealed means concealed.. That's all i'm sayin'..

:d