Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Guy predicting he didn't receive something on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guy predicting he didn't receive something on ebay?

I sold this phone on ebay for $200 total on November 19, 2011. The guy pays in one day. I had bought a new case for the phone so he agreed on waiting and shipping it together. This guy is in Ukraine BTW. Til today, USPS can not find the item. It say's it left Miami, but it's been like that for a month and a week now. Any one else have this issue? He opened a claim with paypal, should i escalate it? I don't want to lose $200 over something like this..:

From buyer -
I bought the item, paid in November-20-11 through PayPal, but have not received yet. I opened a dispute on PayPal, because after 45 days he can not be opened. I hope that the item would come to me for two weeks, and I close the disput.

From Seller - 1/3/2012 20:32 PST
The item was shipped out the week Константин Payed for it, he agreed on waiting for a case I had bought brand new for the phone, and shipping it out together. I contacted the shipping service multiple times once Константин asked me about what happened to the item, and each time they'd open a new research. They told me that it will take a month to contact Ukraine and see what happened with the item. The parcel has left the united states for a month now. I suggest that Константин contacts his shipping service, and give them his name and address. I can guarantee that can pull it up in their system. I will post a picture of the mailing slip's, if needed. The tracking number is: EG688685595US with USPS and i have not one, but two copies of the slip that i had to fill out while shipping the item. I can fax it to paypal, or i can email you a picture, I have excellent feedback on eBay, and i am known for having super fast shipping. I did my part by shipping the phone on time.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is the exact reason I'm hesitant to ship high dollar items out of the country. I've shipped two items, but got lucky with no problems. Insurance is a must if the package is being shipped out of the US. You're going to be on the hook for this one if the package does not arrive. Cross your fingers, and hope USPS can find it.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

I shipped a telescope to Belgium a few years ago, and a month later, it came back to me with German Parcel tape all over it... No Over Sea's for me...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You might be screwed.
Once the package enteres customs in other country there is no way to track it via USPS. Same with delivery. Unless it was sent by Priority Mail and sometimes that is screwey too. I got burned on that and thats why I never ship anything over seas anymore.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 AM
9 Second Club

Paypal may not refund his $$$ since you have the shipping paperwork and track #'s etc.
He can open the dispute but I really dont think he will get resolution once you provide your documentation.
I think they will allow something like 45 days while it's under "review" anyways.
He has to file the dispute to protect himself over the 45 day limit to file so you cant fault him for that-just escalate it like you said so you are protected as well and hopefully it will work its way out.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

They won't care-they care if it shows the package delivered.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So is it possible this guy has it in hand?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always just click U.S. only when selling, not worth the risk. I did send something to Mexico once without issue though.

I've heard eBay will do **** like freeze any funds in your account if anyone even opens a dispute against you, as well as other flimsy excuses. As if the 12% vig wasn't bad enough.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Formula413
I always just click U.S. only when selling, not worth the risk. I did send something to Mexico once without issue though.

I've heard eBay will do **** like freeze any funds in your account if anyone even opens a dispute against you, as well as other flimsy excuses. As if the 12% vig wasn't bad enough.
If you get a lot of disputes/chargebacks on you you'll get limited. So not only are you out money you also can't use your account. Paypal sucks sometimes, but i think it can go 50/50 here considering you have a tracking number so you just gotta hope paypal does the right thing
Old 01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
So is it possible this guy has it in hand?
It is a possibility but I wouldn't immediately consider someone a scammer. The same thing happened to me with a package to Canada. I could track it to the border and that was all. Even with tracking, Paypal sided with the buyer. To this day I don't know what happened.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When using ebay ALWAYS select US only... I never ship or buy anything outside US
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

You might be able to track it through customs if you still have your parts of the customs form.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ditto to all that has been said.

It has been a royal pain in the *** shipping out of country.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

You made two mistakes, one by shipping with the go postal svc and two by shipping over seas. Isnt there a big enough market in the US/Canada for ebay items? Its never even crossed my mind to sell to someone outside of N.America on Ebay and I would never ship anything of any great value with the USPS. They are closing like 3600 post offices around the country this year, as if postal workers werent already unhappy enough, lol.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Yea paypal always seems to favor the buyer in all transactions. Even with all tracking info and insurance on the item they will still refund the buyer and you will most likely be screwed. I never ship to anywhere besides US/Canada.