Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Quickstreet Race this weekend NED

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quickstreet Race this weekend NED

Anyone going to race? I know a few are going to watch. I am trying to get a bunch of stuff done around the house so I can justify racing for the day haha.

It is 11.5 10.5 9.5 and 8.5 index racing for anyone who hasn't heard of the class up there before.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Good luck
Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be there. Watching.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Well anyone want to buy a nitrous system, I am tired of trying to trouble shoot it every time I want to use it!! I am out, the damn fuel pump for the standalone won't come on. It worked fine a few weeks ago!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Do you have a link to the 8.50 rules? I want to compare them to the Cecil, atco and etown rules, see if my junk would fit the rules up there as well as the other tracks
Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Outlaw Racing 10.5 Series:
Quick Street is designed for American production vehicles. Import and Sport Compact style cars are prohibited. Five categories will be contested in 2011.

Outlaw Street:
8.49 & Quicker · .400 Pro Tree. · Deep staging allowed. · NHRA pro ladder (quickest to slowest; lane choice to the quickest car in qualifying for first round - quickest
car in previous round for second round and beyond). In order to be placed on a ladder you must make a
run in one of the qualifying sessions. Late entries will not be inserted on a ladder.
Class designation – OS

Wild Street:
8.50 Index · .400 Pro Tree. · Deep staging allowed. · NHRA pro ladder (quickest to slowest; lane choice to the quickest car in qualifying for first round - quickest
car in previous round for second round and beyond). In order to be placed on a ladder you must make a
run in one of the qualifying sessions. Late entries will not be inserted on a ladder.
Class designation – WS

Super Street:
9.50 Index · .400 Pro Tree. Deep staging allowed. · NHRA pro ladder (quickest to slowest; lane choice to the quickest car in qualifying for first round - quickest car in previous round for second round and beyond). In order to be placed on a ladder you must make a
Class designation – SS

Fast Street:
10.50 Index · .400 Pro Tree. Deep staging allowed. · NHRA pro ladder (quickest to slowest; lane choice to the quickest car in qualifying for first round - quickest
Class designation – FS

Real Street:
11.50 Index · .400 Pro Tree. Deep staging allowed. · NHRA pro ladder (quickest to slowest; lane choice to the quickest car in qualifying for first round - quickest car in previous round for second round and beyond). In order to be placed on a ladder you must make a run in one of the qualifying sessions. Late entries will not be inserted on a ladder.
Class designation – RS

Breakout rules:
· If a vehicle runs under the respective index during qualifying it will appear on the bottom of the qualifying sheet in accordance with the Compulink indexing program.
· Traditional breakout rules apply in eliminations. If both competitors run under their respective index, the racer who commits the worst infraction shall be disqualified.
· The breakout rule does not apply during single or bye runs.

Vehicle Requirements:

• Mufflers required.
• All exhaust gases must pass through mufflers.
• Maximum 33X10.5 slick. “W” tires okay.
• DOT approved tires are limited to a maximum size of 31x18.5-15.
• Race fuel, pump gas or alcohol permitted.
• Must be an automotive type engine.
• No power adder restrictions.
• No powertrain restrictions.
• No cubic inch limitation.
• All entries must have carpeting and door panels.
• Back seat optional. Must have passenger’s seat.
• Race style front seats permitted.

· Front End – OEM style front end is mandatory. Direct bolt-in aftermarket and replacement front end and parts (Heidt's, Fatman, etc.) permitted provided it is a direct replacement. Reinforcement of existing stock front frame rails acceptable. Must retain stock radiator support.
· Rear End – Rear suspensions may be stock, ladder bar, or racing style four-link. · Back half type cars permitted.
· Must be full body vehicle and street appearing (working headlights, tail lights, working brake lights, OEM dash and headliner. Chrome and trim optional). No limitation on year of manufacturer.
· Must retain original appearances and profiles for year and make of body. · Stock firewall mandatory. May be modified for transmission and/or header clearance. · Lightweight body panels restricted to hood, bumpers, and trunk lid/hatch.

Quick Street, Fast Street, Real Street & Super Street:
Forward facing aftermarket hood scoops permitted.
Cowl hoods permitted.

Outlaw Street: Forward facing aftermarket hood scoop permitted. No racecar lettering on any part of the
vehicle. · Manufacturer decals on side or back windows are permitted.

Wild Street, Fast Street, Real Street & Super Street:
OEM safety glass mandatory. Trucks may replace
back window with Lexan to accommodate roll bar tubing.

Outlaw Street: Lexan windows permitted.

Outlaw Racing 10.5 Series General Info:
· All run field during all non-major event scheduled races. Limited to 16-car field during New England Dragway produced major events.
· Ladders will begin with first round of eliminations. In order to be placed on a ladder you must make a run in one of the qualifying sessions. Late entries will not be inserted on a ladder
· Vehicle must meet all applicable NHRA safety standards as prescribed by the current NHRA rulebook.
· Vehicle must be capable of running its respective index.
· Vehicle must enter the staging lanes under their own power.
· Vehicle must cross the top of staging under its own power.
· Vehicle may be towed back to the scales and pit area from top end.
· Vehicle must stop at scales after each run. Failure to stop will invalidate a qualifying run or disqualify a
competitor during competition.

Weight
Maximum weight – 3,600 pounds (vehicles 7.50 and slower). · Maximum weight – 3,200 pounds (vehicles 7.49 and quicker). · Minimum weight – 2,800 pounds (Outlaw Street) · Engine

- Containment System (diaper) mandatory. Belly pans acceptable.
- No delay boxes.
· No throttle stops.
· NHRA Safety Rules in effect. All vehicles must pass NHRA tech inspection for the elapsed time of their vehicle.
· NHRA Competition License is mandatory.
· NHRA Chassis Certification is mandatory for all vehicles running an elapsed time of 9.99 or quicker.
· Braking to prevent running under the posted index in qualifying or eliminations will subject the driver to
immediate disqualification.

· Track Manager or his/her designate may modify these rules without notice.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

They are fairly lenient in enforcing the rules from what I have seen the past few years.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I am going to try and make it to NED, not for a run but to watch. Working tomorrow, so we will see if I get out in time.

Nix
Old 05-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I laugh stthe stock radiator support and glass, how does one keep the stock glass when the cowl has a dog box making the engine bay a foot deeper? They actually check for any of that, or what? I would have thought they would have adopted the same rules for 8.50 index that all the other area nhra tracks use. When I finish the car I guess I will take a trip up and see if anyone says anything, but there's no way the factory glass, or anything remotely resembling the stock radiator support will be left
Old 05-19-2012, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

I have never seen them check, it is really run pretty lax. I'll try to dig up some pictures of the 8.50 cars that run. Does your car fit x275 rules too?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:32 AM
8 second mod

i was there friday and sat. got a new best friday night with junk yard dawg. went 9.34 with a 1.26 60 foot.
i was happy.

jl, your car will fit in no problem. the guys in these classes dont care, its laid back for sure only thing you get right now is a photo, sticker and trophy do to loss of sponsorship. some times the guys will put together a purse, throw in 20 bucks a head and winner takes all. but thats about it. its more for fun. sat i was #1 qual in 9.50 class with a 9.52 but then got bumped with a 9.48 first round. doh