Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

National Memorial Day Parade

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default National Memorial Day Parade

http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/forums/...ial-Day-Parade

It’s time again to start gathering a group together for this year’s National Memorial Day Parade to be held Monday, May 28th. This will be our seventh consecutive year participating in the parade and I'd like to get 13 vehicles for the event. It'll be organized the same as past parades; staging area, parade route, etc. Let me know via this thread if you'd like to be in the parade and I'll update the post with a current list of participants.

If you've not been in a parade, particularly of this caliber, you're truly missing out. Thousands of people come out to sit along the streets in DC to watch the craziness, veterans, floats, bands, clubs, celebrities, etc.

NOTE: Absolutely NO burnouts and NO "excessive" revving of engines. Well, maybe a little revving, but don't go nuts, we don't need any neutral drops. And again, NO burnouts.

As in the past, we'll join forces with the 101st Airborne Division veterans. We've already talked and they're excited that we'll once again be participating together.

If you're interested, keep an eye on this thread and I'll add more information as we draw closer to the date.

Please keep in mind that we all participate and contribute. Meaning... if you have what you think is a good idea, speak up. Most things are only as good as you make them and this event is no exception.

We typically pick a restaurant to have a late lunch at and hang out for a bit afterward. But, no one's obligated to go. When we pick a place, I'll post the location's address as leaving the parade area generally splits us all up. I'd suggest using a GPS or something as a back up plan 'cause following someone else sometimes doesn't work out so well.

Thanks,
Marc
It's a lot of fun! This will be my 4th year in a row participating. The first two years I brought the Trans Am, and the last year I brought the Camaro. There's a lot of people there and plenty to do while waiting for the parade to start, and the vets are awesome to talk to.

If you're worried about making it back in time for cook outs and parties, I believe we are usually done by 3 p.m. If you'd like to go just let Marc know on the hideout so he can keep track of how many to expect.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Bump Got 6 cars so far. Four 4th gens and two 5th gens.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

i did this the last 2 years (the 2 years i lived in VA). It is a blast and the crowd is big and lines the street on both sides and they LOVE seeing our cars! It doesnt cost you anything but a little gas money and you will enjoy yourself, great experiance!!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Adam, thanks for the support. Like he said, it's a great experience and isn't that bad on gas.

How's Florida been treating you man?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

bump Less than two weeks now