Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Steel City LSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel City LSX

Ok guys so here it is. Me and another member have gotten together and put some ideas down for a club for f-body,Ls1, and LSX swapped vehicles. Basically the club is after members who love these cars and love the Ls family engine thru and thru. Also this is not just a show club, it gonna be show and go. Mostly go. we want people who actually can run the F*$k out of their cars and be ok with it. Not saying you cant join but we'd hope that you can at least cruise around and have some fun. So anyone in the Pittsburgh area or in a 2 hour radius is more than welcome to message me for more info. We're hoping to have a facebook page started soon so members vehicles can be seen thru there. Oh and this club also welcomes project cars, if you're in the middle of building your car thats just fine we'd be happy to have you apart of the family. I know this sounds all real basic but we're hoping to obtain some members so we can make this thing bigger and get the ball rolling some more. Thanks Everyone!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To piggyback on what Jerry mentions, we expect this to be casual at first since this is a new thing. Whether it means just grabbing some beers and chatting about projects, helping someone install some parts, or just trying to organize several of us making it to PRP before the end of the season, then that's what it'll be... for now. We definitely want to grow this to be something larger than just a few guys getting together, but we need to learn to crawl before running (if you're picking up that analogy!).

Anyway, this is open to anyone with a Gen III & IV powered vehicle -- even "hybrids" and swaps. It's not strictly f-body performance; rather, GTO, Corvette, trucks, or even a crazy fast GMC Savanna cargo van If you're into LSX performance and you're in the Pittsburgh region, then this is perhaps for you. This isn't just about drag racing, either. We want to be involved in autocross and road course stuff, too. We're lucky with PRP east in New Alexandria and PIRC (BeaveRun) north in Wampum. We'll also want to get together for cruises like Starlite and Pittsburgh Mills. Eventually organizing trips to Holley LS-Fest and the like are what we hope to do!

Bone stock to completely wild, we want anyone who enjoys driving their cars and is passionate about LSX power. We also care about appearance, too, but if you're going to run your mouth, then you better be willing to run your car

Lastly, I'll add the Steel City LSX mission statement here:

To promote camaraderie around the performance of GM Gen III & IV small block V8 powered vehicles in the Pittsburgh region.

Last edited by demonspeed; 09-17-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added mission statement
Old 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a good idea! I just got my first ls powered car in June unfortunately I woulnt be able to attend anything this year as the Camaro goes under the wrench next weekend I'm pulling the drivetrain for new bushings gaskets etc. also throwing a cam and other boltons while it's out. Starting my winter project early. Oh and I'm from Dubois pa about 2.5 from Pitt
Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

We just published the facebook site -- you can find it by going to www.steelcitylsx.com
Old 09-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Hey ryant10275. Thats the great part about this club is your car doesnt have to be running haha as long as you love these cars and own one you can join in and enjoy what the club has to offer as well as other people that love the cars too. Check out the facebook page and if your interested in being a member just shoot the page a message with vehicle info and you name and we'll get in touch with you on more details. And that goes for anyone doing the same thing.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

While we posted it on the fb page, I'll ask here:

Is anyone interested in meeting up for a chill get together sometime this weekend? If so, post up on fb!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd be up for some type of camaro club. I like hoe NEOCC has their show at Summit each year. hoping to make one of the mills cruises and PRP before putting the SS away.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

NEOCC certainly has done well with organizing things; however, they're definitely more show than go.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Just joined up

Should roll up and crash tuner Tuesdays at sonic in Allison park or the Pittsburgh mills mall meets.

Quick Reply: Steel City LSX