Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone near Coatesville or Norristown, PA with HP Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone near Coatesville or Norristown, PA with HP Tuners?

Hey everyone! This is a total shot in the dark, but I figured Ide ask.

I just finished an LQ4 build and dropped it in my 86 Trans AM. The car was already an LS1 swapped car, so its just a block change, and cam change at this point. Everything else is the same (intake, injectors, exhaust, heads).

I want to put some miles on the thing before I think about a dyno tune, or really messing with it too much, but it has some drivability issues. My previous tuner turned off my LTFT's due to (unknown to us at the time) clogged injectors. Now that thats fixed, Ide like to get things back on track for street driving.

Is there anyone that's willing to give me a hand, not for free obviously, with getting some basic street tuning done? I dont think it'll need TOO much, but I do have some surging at low speeds, and Im not a fan of how long the RPMs hang when coming to a stop. I was happy with that when we first did it, but Im ready to adjust haha.

The PCM is an 02 PCM...and I know HP Tuners is credit based, but I figured Ide see if anyone could give me a hand. Or if you know of a shop that will do some street/partial throttle tuning at a reasonable price, let me know! I want to purchase HPT and learn...but I dont think I can make the investment right now.

Key word is...reasonable price haha. My budget is pretty much tied off, and Im just trying to get it set for some miles before winter hits.

Thanks!

Justin

P.S...Im trying really hard not to sound desperate or cheap or lazy hahah... But I used every spare second of my time getting the car together. And with a toddler, and living kind of far from where I work on the car, Im stretched thin. So just seeing what I can figure out

Last edited by ghettocruiser; 10-28-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Coatesville or Norristown, PA with HP Tuners?