Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Question for any lawyers/police on the forum (MD)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question for any lawyers/police on the forum (MD)

Hey all,

I'm trying to avoid calling the court if at all possible to find this out, basically I want to know a couple things about PBJ in MD.

I got pulled in a speed trap doing 46 in 30 right where the limit dropped in February in Carroll County (home county). Went to a hearing in April and got PBJ. The fine was $90 and I think it would have been 2 points but they were suspended due to the PBJ ruling.

I know if I get another speeding ticket that PBJ will violate and I'll get those points plus whatever the new one is for but I'm not sure what other offenses may violate the PBJ.

For example, I'm going to Cruisin in Ocean City, if I was to get a ticket there for spinning tires (I think that's $140 and 1 point), would that violate the PBJ? What about an offense that is just a fine and no points?

The court also didn't tell me how long the PBJ lasts, may have to give in and call about that one though.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you seen this?
http://www.enlawyers.com/1554/attorn...ore-judgement/
Old 05-09-2017, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am not a cop or a lawyer but do have a significant knowledge on moving violations, have many friends that are cops and lawyers.

You are going have to avoid any type of moving violation at all costs. Spinning tires would be a moving violation, therefore if you got a ticket for that it wouldn't be good for those other 2 points kicking in.

Call and ask how long that lasts. My guess would be a year. You better be on your best behavior down there, i have heard stories about how bad the cops are.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Seems to be the consensus haha. Figures I just put a blower on the car and can't even hear that sucker whine
Old 05-10-2017, 06:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
Seems to be the consensus haha. Figures I just put a blower on the car and can't even hear that sucker whine
Plenty of side streets for smoke shows. Keep the reckless driving off costal and your fine.

Quick Reply: Question for any lawyers/police on the forum (MD)