Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Where to get my rear end fixed/rebuilt in statisland my/NJ aera

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get my rear end fixed/rebuilt in statisland my/NJ aera

I had my bearings replaced, Yukon axels installed less then 1000 miles ago. I did a burn out the other day(m6) now the rear end is clunking when I make turns. So I assume I broke spider gears. It's an auburn unit.ill replace the unit or get the gears fixed if I could but the shop my cars at now wants 2500$ said all the bearings are wiped out and everything needs to be replaced. I didn't tell them till after they told me 2500 that all the bearings and seals were just replaced. And when they said 2500 I told them to go fck them selves I'll buy a Ford 9" for that price. I never had a problem with the rear after I picked it up and been driving the car hard. I usually don't dump the clutch and do burnouts, and I had radials on just to try them out. Usually my car spins through 2nd. The first shop I went to only charged me $500 to put the axels in and change all the bearings and seals but I won't go back to them cause we had a fall out because they ripped my mint leather seat and damaged my driver side fender and I'm fighting with them now to cover it. I don't want to hear it's a waste of money or buy a 12bolt cause I don't have the bread for that or I would. This rear lasted 100,000 miles it's a daily driver car with 255s on the back doesn't hook. I live in Staten island I'm close to the outer/gothals bridge. I'm not sure if the aburn unit has spider gears cause I know it uses clutches but I'll just buy a new unit and need it installed correctly. If anybody can help me find or know a place to go. Thanks

Quick Reply: Where to get my rear end fixed/rebuilt in statisland my/NJ aera