Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

to all of you selling your cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:06 PM
SRM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default to all of you selling your cars

do it for the right reasons! I'm the dumb *** that traded my car in for something less expensive. Well, it sat on the dealer's lot for 4 months. I drove by one day just to look, and ended up buying it back!! (This was 3 years ago BTW)

You can imagine I took a beating financially, but in the long run, I was happier.

Granted, I'm not into building up and racing my car like most here. That's not really my thing. It's been my daily driver for for 5 years.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are all a bunch of girls
Old 04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

i've gone through this before when I sold my T/A, but now its time for me to think about my future
Old 04-03-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll let you know in a few years when I have my dream car.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

thank god im rich

all seriousness...I know what everyones feeling from time to time but I love it too much even when i hate it. Don makes it all worth it in the end
Old 04-03-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PurEvl
thank god im rich

all seriousness...I know what everyones feeling from time to time but I love it too much even when i hate it. Don makes it all worth it in the end

whats he do to make you feel better

I think of selling something all the time... but naaaah... build another garage when that happens
Old 04-03-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

if i had the money you have Mike I wouldnt be selling trust me
Old 04-03-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats great that you bought it back.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I deal with people all the time that want to get rid of there car,most of the time it is $$ issue's.
Reminds me of an article I read not too long ago about Lazy America

I know of atleast 2 people that want to sell there cars for the wrong reasons
Old 04-03-2005, 03:19 PM
SRM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
thats great that you bought it back.
yup, I couldn't believe I did it; but I never once regreted it.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my reasoning has to do with keeping myself alive and I just don't enjoy racing anymore. Down the line I will get myself exactly what I want.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:41 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanna sell my car every week,I know I'm nuts but I get bored quicly..
I tell myself this time I wont build a radical car and by years end its a race car.

Slowhawk has said it countless times,Race cars arent fun and finally after 20+ yrs of playing with cars I gotta agree with the guy.I want a car that does everything well,Turn,stop and goes fast in a straight line.

I want a car that I can drive anywhere,runs 11's and get fairly decent MPH..
I believe my WS6 can still be made to do this but I really like the GTO,its fit and finish is as good or better than a Vette,Its interior is the best GM has to offer and its got the BMWish look to it.

Thats the reasoning I wanna sell my car,I'm hooked on the GOAT..I wont sell my car or trade it unless I get what I want but if they work with me I will have a Yellow GTO within a week
Old 04-03-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JS
I really like the GTO,its fit and finish is as good or better than a Vette,Its interior is the best GM has to offer and its got the BMWish look to it.

Thats the reasoning I wanna sell my car,I'm hooked on the GOAT..I wont sell my car or trade it unless I get what I want but if they work with me I will have a Yellow GTO within a week
Not to be disrespectful but the GTO is as ugly as hell and looks like a Grand Am on steroids (hell probably drives like it too). They are also heavy and overpriced.

My 94 Z/28 reminds me of a large breasted chick in high school that treated me like **** but I kept coming back for more

I mull over sell it (err parting it out) all the time but then my good sense comes back to me

The only way I will part it out is if they ever come out with a new Camaro that screams and look horny otherwise I'll keep it......and when I can't afford to fix it I'll do with it exactly what I'm doing now....let it sit on my lift

Anyway, getting back to the above quote......I'd rather buy a new Mustang GT and throw a little coin at it to get it to go a little better as they do look sweet

Marc
P.S. On a side note, I was looking through an issue of MM&FF and 40% of the magazine was adds for perf parts, it was terrible.....
Old 04-03-2005, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

I would venture a guess that I have bought and sold more vehicles than most anybody in here. At 27 years in the hobby and by my third year I had over 85 Mustangs, Torinos, Fairlanes and daily drivers. In the late 70's you could ditch a car and replace it pretty easy. Not now.
I justify keeping my LS1 because I walk past every other vehicle in my yard to jump in
It has it all.
I just went too far and made it noisy with a Spohn tq arm, so I'm pulling that out. Keep it on the street side of the fence and unless it is a big money issue I see no reason to sell the car either.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 1st and goal
Not to be disrespectful but the GTO is as ugly as hell
Maybe, but that's strictly opinion/matter of taste.

Not to be disrespectful but the GTO looks like a Grand Am on steroids. They are also heavy
Somewhat true yes.

(hell probably drives like it too). They are also overpriced.
Not sure if you could be more wrong on those two.
I spent almost 3 hours in a GTO last night/early this morning (and a few hours in two others over the last 6 months as well), possibly THE NICEST car I've ever ridden in as far as ride quality, control and comfort...and I've ridden in/driven A LOT of different cars over the years.
MSRP isn't dirt cheap no, but what most people have actually paid for new '04 GTOs since December is bordering on incredibly inexpensive, as low as $22k in some cases, that to me is only mildly worse than FREE for a car that provides it's owner with all (ie: mighty LS1, 6 speed, $50k+ car type interior, 4 wheel independent suspension etc. etc.) of that.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:17 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Couldnt of said it better myself,But I still might keep the TA
Old 04-04-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
if i had the money you have Mike I wouldnt be selling trust me
thats why i understand why marco, believe me I lose a job or anything you will see quite a yardsale Best of luck with whatever you do...family first
Old 04-04-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Maybe, but that's strictly opinion/matter of taste.

A) try and tell me they don't look bland and like every other Pontiac out there? They all have the same nose.

B) the old saying goes...."There's an *** for every seat"

Not sure if you could be more wrong on those two.
I spent almost 3 hours in a GTO last night/early this morning (and a few hours in two others over the last 6 months as well), possibly THE NICEST car I've ever ridden in as far as ride quality, control and comfort...and I've ridden in/driven A LOT of different cars over the years.
I didn't mean they were rattle traps, just that they are plain jane cars that go decent

MSRP isn't dirt cheap no, but what most people have actually paid for new '04 GTOs since December is bordering on incredibly inexpensive, as low as $22k in some cases, that to me is only mildly worse than FREE for a car that provides it's owner with all (ie: mighty LS1, 6 speed, $50k+ car type interior, 4 wheel independent suspension etc. etc.) of that.
What do you expect????

They weren't setting any sales records at full price so when they are leftovers (and plenty of them) and the 05 models have 50 more poines and a little better look of course they are going to be discounted.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

marc, drive or own a gto then talk....I own both and the camaro is a rolling hunk of **** in comparison. Now shut up and fix your trash can
Old 04-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Marc, have you ever drove a GTO, even sat in one? A 1994 Camaro in my eyes is a hunk of junk, only good for one purpose in my eyes, an all out race car. Other's may see it as a perfect daily drive.

I like the GTO because of it's comfort. The 1998 F-Body was an overhaul of the 1997. It still looks, rides and all of the parts fit like a car from that era. The GTO is an awesome car in my eyes, prob one of the best sports cars to come from GM in a long long time.

I don't want the GTO to run 9's, if I can run a 12.00 with Nitto's consistently I'll reach my goal.....a wicked comfortable, well manner street car that can take 99% of daily drivers. I'm not looking to purchase a GTO for the same purpose of your got you Z28. The F-Body is a much better car for racing but how often do I race, twice a year? I'm not buying a car I hope to have for years on end for 2 days out of a year.