Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

BMR + LS1Speed = Pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default BMR + LS1Speed = Pissing me off

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I ordered a BMR K-member and upper/lower control arms from LS1speed in a GP about 6 months ago. Well, they sent me red when i ordered black. I returned it and they sent me the correct black. Well, I started mocking up my old engine on the engine stand yesterday so I can start fabricating my turbo setup and the damn k-member doesnt fit!!!!!!!!!! When you bolt one side of the k-member and try and bolt the other side up, the built in mount on the k-member is ~3/8" off from the hole on the poly mount on the engine. I can't get the bolt thru to hook the driver's side motor mount to the mount on the k-member. This pisses me off! This is the second time i will have to send it back. Anyone else have fitment issues on their k-members (LT1 or LS1)?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Talon WS6
If you have the poly engine mounts they dont line up with the hole in the stock K frame as well i had this problem last year and had to force the bolts through.

If thats not the case then mabe the K frame is off a bit try using a tape measure to check the mount holes on both the stock k frame and the BMR to see if their is a difference.

Hope this helps
I had the same problem.. stockers fit well.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

My stock motor mounts fit perfect. No complaints here.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:47 AM
8 second mod

the polly mounts seem to have that problem. try stock ones, if they work, then you know its the mounts and nothing you can do, if stock dont work, send it back.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Noyzee
the polly mounts seem to have that problem. try stock ones, if they work, then you know its the mounts and nothing you can do, if stock dont work, send it back.
I tried the poly and stockers, both dont fit. Tom from LS1speed emailed me this morning and said to return it to BMR for them to inspect it and he'll reinburse me for the shipping. So thumbs up to ls1speed so far, lets see if BMR comes thru. Anyone have any pics of theirs installed?
Old 04-04-2005, 09:33 AM
8 second mod

well, im glad that ls1 speed did that, i have had great luck with them very rair guys. good prices also
good luck
Old 04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a problem with one of my K-members.All I did was call BMR and they overnighted another one with a return label for the one I had..Forget E-mails,if you have problems call them and handle it.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with the BMR K member and stock mounts. Have had many problems with LS1Speed tho and learned to avoid em.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Never had a problem with the BMR K member and stock mounts. Have had many problems with LS1Speed tho and learned to avoid em.
LS1speed has had a trouble getting my orders right in the past. I ordered a mufflex y-pipe with no O2 sensor bungs for my LT1. I received off road pipes for an LS1. I then returned those and got an LT1 mufflex y-pipe, but it had O2 bungs. Then I ordered upper/lower Control arms and k-member in black, I received red. Tom is doing his part right now, but needless to say I cant seem to get stuff right from them the first time. The fitment issue is BMR's fault, but I figured i'd comment on my luck with them as well.