Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

anywhere near Baltimore tune ls1's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question anywhere near Baltimore tune ls1's?

i am in the baltimore, MD area. there is a guy at Fbody Central(local fbody place) who says he will tune my car for $350+100 for an hour on the dyno, and i can come back whenever and he would tune for nothing other than dyno time cost. is this a good deal? does his shop do good work? i know they use ls1 edit. what questions should i be asking and are there any other alternatives in this area for getting a quality tune?
Old 04-09-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i failed to mention the reason i am interested in geting some tuning is b/c my a/f was at like 15-16 when i hit the dyno last month. under wot i think i should probably have it fixed. any suggestions on just tweaking a/f??? none of my mods really need a tune but i am worried about my a/f.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Make sure you dont have any exhaust leaks. What track do you frequent. We could prolly meet up at capitol one night
Old 04-11-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

www.f-bodycentral.com
Old 06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not have a good experience with them. I would suggest you get your computer tuned by Thunder Racing. It's by mail obviously, but it's worth it to get it done right. I might be going back to see if they can change my opinion though.

All in all...I got more issues than I came in with thanks to their tune. Big thumbs down.

EDIT/UPDATE: I took my car back to Fbody Central and told them to put my computer back to stock and then retune it. They did a great job on the tune this time around and I'll feel a lot less apprehensive about going there now.

Last edited by Xtnct00WS6; 09-12-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Banned

If you want to take the ride, we have numerous customers from the Baltimore/DC area. Its about 3 hours but we'd be happy to take care of you. We have a Dynojet 224x on site and unlimited LS1 Edit. It is $450 for the full tune includes idle tune, trans tune, part throttle ltrim tune, ses code removal, custom timing map and wide open throttle air fuel tuning.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
I did not have a good experience with them. I would suggest you get your computer tuned by Thunder Racing. It's by mail obviously, but it's worth it to get it done right. I might be going back to see if they can change my opinion though.

All in all...I got more issues than I came in with thanks to their tune. Big thumbs down.
I'm with this guy. A user on this board named GrannySShifting does a lot of tuning for the MD/VA area. PM him and he can hook you up.

Quick Reply: anywhere near Baltimore tune ls1's?