Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

GTO or GT in my future plans.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GTO or GT in my future plans.......

I can just see JS rolling his eyes right now....

Anyway, now that I got that out of the way......

I went down to Longs Pontiac in Framingham as Mike (peruevil, 5litereater, no-neck) said there was a black 04 GTO at the dealership he got his at.....

So yesterday I called down there and spoke to Mike's salesman who seemed like a decent guy and I told him I'd be coming down so he referred me to another salesman as he was off today and he told me he'd have some "numbers worked up for me" well I get there and meet the new guy who I called and told I was coming down and when I'd be there.

So I get there and he gets the big obnoxious key and stick it in and nothing, kinda had flashbacks to the "tomato" at this time, out comes the porta charger and it fires up....go for a spin, runs decent.

They put on an aftermarket hood (add $1995) and chrome wheels (add $1395) and the hood isn't even the new 05 hood it's just a couple of indents in a flat hood (doesn't do enough for the appearance of the car)

The inside is comfortable and the front seats are great, however in being soo good the compromise getting into the back seats.....I slid my carcus back there and there was decent room but man when I tried to get out of the thing it was very hard and it made getting out of the "tomato" with the cage much more appealing.....I then tried to just pull the front pass seat forward and simulate reaching in the back to throw a kid in a car seat (my wife and I are adopting a little girl in two months ) and the rear of the car comes too far forward before the door connect to it and I could barely wedge my fat *** through there so that pretty much put the kaibosh on a GTO for me, however I wanted too see what kind of deal they would give me and the sales guy said "mid to high 20's) kinda hard to decide if you can't tell me how much it is huh? and he couldn't find any "numbers" that the original sales guy was supposed to work up for me.

Decent car but not for me.....so that leads me to my next choice.....

I'm going to be putting the LS-1 and the mighty Cav (dyno'd at 114FWHP at New England Dyno and Tuning) up for sale and buying a Mustang GT

Still going to keep the "tomato" but I need to consolidate down to two cars so now the decision is wheather to order right now or wait till the fall and order an 2006 model

Uncle Marc
Old 04-09-2005, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1st and goal
I'm going to be putting the LS-1 and the mighty Cav (dyno'd at 114FWHP at New England Dyno and Tuning) up for sale and buying a Mustang GT

Uncle Marc
Old 04-10-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Mr B,
Thanks, at least someone on this board is happy for me

What Ford boards do you hang out on?
I registered at corral.net and stangnet.net

A guy at work has a M5 so I drove that but I'd like to find someone in the area that has an Automatic, do you know any guys that do?

For all you GM guys....at least it's American and besides my fast car will still be a Z/28

Marc
Old 04-10-2005, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Mr B,
Marc
You still have the car for the track, and the GT is a great all-around car with some pep.. enjoy it.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not keep the ls1 Z?? j/w If not I say get something with 4wd and 4 doors.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:23 PM

I'm with Jon.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

FORD?
I know there is almost nothing afordable from the General, but a Ford??????
How about the new Charger?
Old 04-10-2005, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
FORD?
The General hasn't put anything worth owning (other than the SSr and the Z06) so he decided what I did- there's other carmakers out there.. don't take your customers for granted, and the GT's are actually great cars.. maybe not as fast as LS1's and LS2's.. but fun nonetheless.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Mr B,

What Ford boards do you hang out on?
I registered at corral.net and stangnet.net

A guy at work has a M5 so I drove that but I'd like to find someone in the area that has an Automatic, do you know any guys that do?

For all you GM guys....at least it's American and besides my fast car will still be a Z/28

Marc
I'm on several different boards.. have been for a while, and haven't had any problems with anyone. Then again- I've been doing all my own research and work..

Old 04-10-2005, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

It's heartbreaking to see a great car starting to spiral down value-wise.. I looked here in the Vehicle Classified and saw great bargains:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/304012-2002-trans-am-sunset-orange-metalic-ws6.html

As the new Shelby Cobra comes out, I forsee 03 & 04 Cobra's also dropping in price.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

You would concider the SSR worth owning? Anything that is that heavy, runs a 15 sec 1/4, and has a sticker close to a vette is not worth having in my book. It does look pretty cool but that's all can give it.... Stupid General

Originally Posted by Mr. B
The General hasn't put anything worth owning (other than the SSr and the Z06) so he decided what I did- there's other carmakers out there.. don't take your customers for granted, and the GT's are actually great cars.. maybe not as fast as LS1's and LS2's.. but fun nonetheless.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc. I have had over 40 mustangs and I must say that not one of them has ever let me down "stranded" .
I like the new mustangs and I might end up with one myself but you might want to be carefull with the automatic because there are already rumors that its not that strong.

I think the best forum for modular mustangs is modularfords.com
There is always alot of good tech in there.

Good luck and when you get it lets see some track numbers.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
You would concider the SSR worth owning? Anything that is that heavy, runs a 15 sec 1/4, and has a sticker close to a vette is not worth having in my book. It does look pretty cool but that's all can give it.... Stupid General
Styling wise.. it's great- but that's it, two seats and big sticker = no sales.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:30 AM
8 second mod

Marc, why not sell them both and buy a nice 4 door truck and a little open trailer and skip the **** stang?
or maybe my dad will buy you one if you become my bestest friend
Old 04-11-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Marc, why not sell them both and buy a nice 4 door truck and a little open trailer and skip the **** stang?
I don't want a truck and trailer I want a driver and a fast car

Marc, maybe my dad will buy you one if you become my bestest friend
I'm nobody's Biatch

Vinny,
The Charger's are even uglier than the GTO's
Agree with your thoughts ont he SSR.

I'd love a vette (Z06 or just basic vette) but I'd have to sell everything and somehow a baby seat might not work in a vette.

Hey at least the Mustang GT is American

I'm sure we'll "Spray the way" at some point in time.....

My84Z,
I detest rice so not 4WD / 4DR and I'm not intested in a truck.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 AM
8 second mod

so lets buy anothe useless car and skip a truck/trailer that makes alot more since. marc marc marc. I know why you want a fast car tho. with the Z not being as streetable ect ect, i was thinking about bilding a older stang just for my street racing self to cruz in
Old 04-11-2005, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I totally agree.
I can't believe that there are GM guys out there that talk as if they'd actually probably own a Honda/Toyota before a Ford.
Domestics first baby.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

so lets buy anothe useless car and skip a truck/trailer that makes alot more since. marc marc marc. I know why you want a fast car tho. with the Z not being as streetable ect ect, i was thinking about bilding a older stang just for my street racing self to cruz in
I mulled over buying a truck but my wife doesn't really want one and I don't either.....

I drive about 22-25,000 miles a year and put 6K on the LS-1, 16-20K on the mighty Cav and anywhere from 135 (This years total ) to 2500 miles on the Tomato.

It would be nice to not have cars all over the driveway and it would also be nice to have something decent to drive year round and besides if it rusts who care's it's a ford
Old 04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
8 second mod

yhea, its fine to drive year round, but with a kid on the way, and say a foot of snow and you have an emergency, that stang isnt going to cut it.
rusting is no big deal, but living in NH, you need a truck.
get an SS one. all wheel drive ans still sporty and room for kids
Old 04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

yhea, its fine to drive year round, but with a kid on the way, and say a foot of snow and you have an emergency, that stang isnt going to cut it.
rusting is no big deal, but living in NH, you need a truck.
get an SS one. all wheel drive ans still sporty and room for kids
You might be a little too young to remember but I grew up driving rear wheel drive cars (first car was a 70 Camaro SS) and I drove it year round. Many people drive rear wheel drive cars year round, I'll get some spare rims and Blizzak's on it and go.

My wife's got a lil front wheel drive cav for emergencies.