Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New York (White Plains) tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New York (White Plains) tuner?

Where do you guys get your work done at. So far, I've only seen on nice LS1 since I moved here from Houston. It just happens to be that he's one of the forum members. Where are the rest of you guys. The corvette's I've seen so far are driven by guys old as dirt. They look like they're going to keel over the steering wheel and die in a blaze of glory.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Sponsor

www.cartek.net
908-317-4496

Garwood, NJ right off exit 137 on the Garden State Parkway about 45mins from westchester ....

Old 06-11-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SJTrance
keel over the steering wheel and die in a blaze of glory.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Where do you guys get your work done at. So far, I've only seen on nice LS1 since I moved here from Houston. It just happens to be that he's one of the forum members. Where are the rest of you guys. The corvette's I've seen so far are driven by guys old as dirt. They look like they're going to keel over the steering wheel and die in a blaze of glory.
TTP, Cartek, would be your best bets and closest.

Last edited by Mr. B; 06-12-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

there are some modded ls1s in the WP area..
my car was tuned by CARTEK in NJ
Old 06-12-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the sponsors that do tuning in new england are
Cartek....NJ
East Side Performance.....CT
TTP....NJ
Dez....Mass
Rapid Motorsports...PA

any of the above can handle your tuning/install needs
Old 06-12-2005, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
the sponsors that do tuning in new england are
Cartek....NJ
East Side Performance.....CT
TTP....NJ
Dez....Mass
Rapid Motorsports...PA

any of the above can handle your tuning/install needs
Oppps.. deleted the non-sponsor.. sorry.. wasn't thinking..
Old 06-12-2005, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I got mine done at TTP. They are a bit closer than Cartek, exit 16W off the NJ turnpike. Where are you in White Plains? I work in that area in Elmsford.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the informative replies, guys. As a matter of fact, I just saw a Pewter vette driven by a couple filled with the vigors of youth...lol. Refreshing, if you ask me.

You guys are right. It's either between TTP and Cartek. I've heard a lot of positive things about both...maybe a little more about Cartek. I'll definitely check them both out.

It's kind of funny, though. My car seemed slow in Houston with their flat and open roads. It feels like a torque monster here. I guess it's all the curvy fun roads. Any of you guys here have heads/cam or just cam on your daily drivers? My gas mileage is already down from my last dyno tune to 17.5. Now, gas is a concern at these high prices.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Launching!

dude were you parked outside of the autoparts store on tarrytown road yestreday next to a purple porsche turbo???? I saw your car

I am from white plains, shoot me a pm, or catch me on fastls1.com

we should go cruisin and show durien that the fastest car in westchester rep White plains lol
Old 06-13-2005, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for all the informative replies, guys. As a matter of fact, I just saw a Pewter vette driven by a couple filled with the vigors of youth...lol. Refreshing, if you ask me.

You guys are right. It's either between TTP and Cartek. I've heard a lot of positive things about both...maybe a little more about Cartek. I'll definitely check them both out.

It's kind of funny, though. My car seemed slow in Houston with their flat and open roads. It feels like a torque monster here. I guess it's all the curvy fun roads. Any of you guys here have heads/cam or just cam on your daily drivers? My gas mileage is already down from my last dyno tune to 17.5. Now, gas is a concern at these high prices.
Cam is sitting on the floor right now. Need tires for this converter I just had put in by TTP. Extreme traction problems.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Banned

We will be happy to complete a dyno tune. Its $450 for the full tune includes any idle tune, part throttle ltrims, wot a/f tuning, custom timing map, ses code removal and trans tune. We do not lock PCMs like other shops so you have full access to your PCM at anytime you'd like.

We're at Exit 16W off the NJT or Exit 154 off the GSP.

- Matt
Old 06-13-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Clear out your PM's.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

TTP is alot closer. Cartek is near exit 13 of the Turnpike.

Hey Matt, my tires went up in smoke when I went to the track. So I'm gonna get a set of tires (nittos) before the subframe install. I'll let you know when I'm ready to have them put in.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Banned

Roarin: Ya get some meats back there. The M/T drags are awesome but if you are using them on the street they wont last long. The nittos will outlast mostly any of the drag radials offered for our cars.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

And they are very good for the rain for a drag radial. You know how the rain just likes to show up outta nowhere over here.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Banned

Hmm. Don't think they are that great in the rain. I have had a few customers had bad incidents with DR's in the rain. My best suggestion is get another set of rims and mount the M/T drag radials on them. That way you can drive to and from the track with them on and swap back to stockers. If you get caught in heavy rain DR's are horrible no matter what brand.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

M/Ts aren't good for rain, had a thread about this in the wheel & tire section, but the nittos are alot better but they sacrifice some traction at the track. I have an extra set of rims but I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Man, it's coming alive here. That's what I like to see. I think that some of you might have been trying to PM me and the Inbox was full. Well, I cleared that out now so PM away! LOL. Unfortunately, I don't think the car you saw at the autoparts store was mine. I hadn't driven my call since Saturday and that was straight from work. I drove in Sunday and just drove around for about an hour...screw the gas, I needed to feel some torque. Hell, I haven't even seen an autoparts store since I got here. I need to get some stuff too.

The worst part is that I don't have a situation where I can wash my car right now. It's filthy as hell and I don't know if there is anyone around White Plains who will do an offline/hand wash. If so, I need the hook up to the location.

TTP, I'll be sure to give you guys a call soon. The worst thing is that I just got my car dyno-tuned in Houston (spent $400) and now, I've got to pay for that again. But for now, I need to get this god-forsaken turn signal fixed. I don't know which demon at Chevy designed out foglights and turnsignals. You'd need to be an anorexic double jointed midget to get to it without pulling the car apart.

I also hear that there are some sick routes up north of me. I'd definitely like to hit that up.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Man, it's coming alive here. That's what I like to see. I think that some of you might have been trying to PM me and the Inbox was full. Well, I cleared that out now so PM away! LOL. Unfortunately, I don't think the car you saw at the autoparts store was mine. I hadn't driven my call since Saturday and that was straight from work. I drove in Sunday and just drove around for about an hour...screw the gas, I needed to feel some torque. Hell, I haven't even seen an autoparts store since I got here. I need to get some stuff too.

The worst part is that I don't have a situation where I can wash my car right now. It's filthy as hell and I don't know if there is anyone around White Plains who will do an offline/hand wash. If so, I need the hook up to the location.

TTP, I'll be sure to give you guys a call soon. The worst thing is that I just got my car dyno-tuned in Houston (spent $400) and now, I've got to pay for that again. But for now, I need to get this god-forsaken turn signal fixed. I don't know which demon at Chevy designed out foglights and turnsignals. You'd need to be an anorexic double jointed midget to get to it without pulling the car apart.

I also hear that there are some sick routes up north of me. I'd definitely like to hit that up.

bro you can definetly bring your ride by my place, i would be happy to detail your car anytime

Quick Reply: New York (White Plains) tuner?