Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

The General has gone rice.. repeat.. GM has gone rice.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The General has gone rice.. repeat.. GM has gone rice.

http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/html/home.htm
Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

lets hope they are using it just for marketing. Suck some killer rice cash to make the z06 faster for us
Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are following the cash flow......and we all know ricers spend tons of money on crap!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Hey, I don't like it either but when ya wanna compete ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

But is still better than the typical
Old 07-15-2005, 11:07 AM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, who cares what they do they need to make more money, as long as we dont see the vette like that then i dont care
Old 07-16-2005, 03:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's really great how you can buy a Cavalier or one of these Cobalt "SS"'s with 2.0L of fury and GM even provides you with a "Tuner Garage" and "Race Shop". Meanwhile those of us with LS1's are reduced to just poking fun at them on Internet message boards. Thanks, General. Don't worry, we'll all still be here when you build us a real car.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah imagine if GM actually had supported the F-body like they seem to be supporting the cobalt. Hell you LS-1 guys would prolly have had a factory installed turbo kit or some crazy **** lol.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You took the words out of my mouth F-Bobby. Can you imagine how cool it would have been to have factory backed mods for our cars like the mustang guys have?

****, a mustang guy can choose from Rousch (sp?), SVT, Saleen. All we ever got was SLP over charging us for outrageous claims (did anyone ever get 50hp from their headers???)

I'm happy to see that the General is at least putting forth an effort. It looks like they are trying with the GTO-R. How cool would it have been to have a T/A-R, WS6-R or SS-R like the C5-R?

Would've, could've should've.....
Old 07-16-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
You took the words out of my mouth F-Bobby. Can you imagine how cool it would have been to have factory backed mods for our cars like the mustang guys have?

****, a mustang guy can choose from Rousch (sp?), SVT, Saleen. All we ever got was SLP over charging us for outrageous claims (did anyone ever get 50hp from their headers???)

I'm happy to see that the General is at least putting forth an effort. It looks like they are trying with the GTO-R. How cool would it have been to have a T/A-R, WS6-R or SS-R like the C5-R?

Would've, could've should've.....

sheeeeet! Look at how well Dodge supports the SRT4....
Old 07-16-2005, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

I think its a good indication of whats to come from GM. They are actually getting back to being more enthusiast friendly. The F-bods sales were terrible. The Cobalt (even in a regular coupe) fly outta here. They are supporting the buyers. I will be interested in seeing what they do with Z06 owners. I had heard rumours they wouldnt void warranty for taking a stock car down the track, but who knows....
Old 07-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Good things are coming. Alot sooner than anyone expects.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GoldenBird
It's really great how you can buy a Cavalier or one of these Cobalt "SS"'s with 2.0L of fury and GM even provides you with a "Tuner Garage" and "Race Shop". Meanwhile those of us with LS1's are reduced to just poking fun at them on Internet message boards. Thanks, General. Don't worry, we'll all still be here when you build us a real car.
Speak for yourself. I'm sworn off GM, except for Vettes, XLRs and CTS-Vs. Otherwise, they're dead to me and all of their SUV-slinging, Uncle Bens (American Rice)-chasing, loyal-buyer forsaking asses...

They can spit out a new TA and unless it's gawd's-gift, no more of my money will go to GM and I've had all generations of F-bodies.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
Speak for yourself.
Does the word sarcasm mean anything to you?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

It's pretty simple math. The cars in that market so more people can afford them. Now, you take that fact and stack it along side the statistic of "10 years ago people spent an average of 1000-1500 on customizing their vehicles. Today it's closer to 10 to 15 THOUSAND."

Toyota struck GOLD with their Scion marketing plan. Sell the cars cheap and with a few factory options. (power windows, power locks, etc...) and provide them with aftermarket parts they can buy at the point of vehicle sale and include it in the financing.

Do you guys have any idea how much they're making this way?

Millions.

Say what you want but they sell cars like this because people, LOTS of people, are buying them. Just because we're the minority (relative term in the car business since there are a ton of us) doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Personally, I'm not so closed minded I can't look at an "Import Market" car that's well done and not like it. As with anything else if it's a nice car I dig it. If it's overdone and tacky I don't.

I'm pretty simple that way.

Alan
Old 07-17-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would rather see GM sell them. Than letting the imports have the market all to themselves.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

GM cant ever be "rice", for obvious reasons.

i'm with others that would rather see GM make some good money building decent, fun, fast little fwd cars, that sit on thier laurels (which aint gonna help) and go under for good. fwd cars saved Mopar, there would not be a Viper or a lineup of Hemi powered cars and trucks werre it not for the saving cash flow fwd cars provided to Mopar 20+ years ago.

how are we all gonna get our coveted factory 11 second next Gen f-bodies if GM goes the way of Braniff Airlines? let 'em manufacture and sell fwd, rwd will see the benefit.

the Cobalt is not rice.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Good things are coming. Alot sooner than anyone expects.

I agree 100%, this is no time to loose the faith
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B-MAN
I agree 100%, this is no time to loose the faith
the only faith that i have lost is my faith in the Firebird ever coming back...

Search this Thread