Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need To Pass Inspection In Nj!!! Who Can Do It??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need To Pass Inspection In Nj!!! Who Can Do It??

My car was rejected today at the great old stupid *** inspection station. Emissions is what failed. No codes, just failed. I had a clutch put in yesterday, and the O2 sensor in the back wouldnt go back into the cats or whatever, so they disabled it, took it out of the computer, said I didn't need it. So, I have to go back in 2 days and try again. Where can I go, to a private shop, pay some money and get passed, cause I know certain shops can do that. Anywhere in NJ? Please help. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

surprised it didnt pass, you dont have any crazy mods like a cam and such. I would make sure the O2's are ok and def getting everything back together before trying again. They should have just plugged in the scanner to the OBD-II port and read for codes and made sure all the emmission equipment is in running order. Check the document they give u, see if any particular part failed or isnt working properly. You will also fail if u have more than 2 not readies. just an FYI, I passed the NJ scan test and u see my mods. Good luck. I say bring it to a local shop as long as the computer passes.

-Brian
Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

Can someone clear up for me how editing the computer is going to pass inspection? Lets say i have headers and an ORY and delete the cats....I know it's not going to throw a code but it isn't going to come up "not ready"? And can't you fail for that? Sorry if it's a newb question but i've always was curious about that.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you delete the codes with Edit, they will show up as "ready" on an emissions test
Old 12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats why its nice inspecting my own cars
Old 12-25-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pete2k_Z28
If you delete the codes with Edit, they will show up as "ready" on an emissions test
nice!
Old 12-25-2005, 08:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 of two things happened either they didnt delete the code properly or you didnt get enough seat time to allow all the readiness tests to pass. When your computer gets flashed for programming all your readiness tests reset & need to go through a few drive cycles before they pass, even with the codes turned off correctly.

Quick Reply: Need To Pass Inspection In Nj!!! Who Can Do It??