Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

yo GM, lakes gatta be frozen now???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:18 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up yo GM, lakes gatta be frozen now???

right? has it been cold? is the lake safe? i know the trails suck, but im getting ice studs for drag racing. maybe i will head up saturday!
is it safe?
thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Umm, nope. Still havn't had ice in yet (can't ride the lake end to end). Because of the warming and cooling there are some super thin and open spots along with some massive pressure ridges that you can't see until your on top of them. If your coming up to play on Paugus bay you'll be fine. Most of Meredith bay is ok too. Alot of the Weirs was open all the way across to Spindal point and Eagle island. Winnisquam doesn't have much for ice. If you go out on the big lake, just be in by dark. Also, all of our snow is gone, if you go out on Paugus you can't ride the tracks to get to the big half of the lake. Suposed to be freezing all week and the ice should be pretty clean so it will be fast as hell.

Alot of guys have been racing on Lilly Pond, they have a little kick *** little oval set up. Perfect for trying out and testing new setups because you can park the truck and trailer 10' from the ice, it's to small to run much over 100mph though. If your at Burger King head twards Gilford, it's right between the end of the bypass and the begining of the airport.

BTW: The trails are bare too so don't plan on riding to the gas station to fill up.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:06 PM
8 second mod

so pogus is good, and meridith. what about alton?
lilly pond is sweet, im about 5 minits down the road. are they drag racing or roundy round?
im setting up my track for ice this weekend, i might accually hook!
thanks for the input.
any snow in the furure? hehe
Old 02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Hey Noyzee, Alton has plenty of ice as well as Wolfeboro bay except near the mouth of the river and Winter Harbor in Tuftonboro has plenty of ice as well which is 5 minutes up the road from Wolfeboro. Keep it to the bays and you should be fine, stay away from the main body of the lake as the wind we got this past weekend really did a number on what little ice we had on the broads. I'm going up to winter harbor on wednesday so I can check some of the ice conditions for you if you want.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
so pogus is good, and meridith. what about alton?
lilly pond is sweet, im about 5 minits down the road. are they drag racing or roundy round?
im setting up my track for ice this weekend, i might accually hook!
thanks for the input.
any snow in the furure? hehe

Lilly isn't really big enough to drag on, they are mostly circle jerking on sleds and bikes. Like LS1-SS said, the inner coves and bays are fine. Just be careful where you get on. I don't think we have any major snow coming anytime soon.

You should come up Sunday, they are having the annual radar runs on Webster lake in Franklin. They also have a pretty good Vintage machine show. I was thinking of going but I have to go help uncle Marc get that '73 tearing up the pavement.

Edit: Just checked the local website, looks like the radar runs are cancelled.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 PM
8 second mod

cool, thanks for the updates.
as for sunday, i have a b-day party, so im glad its cancled. lol