Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

so i went to a swap meet and found.....

Old 10-15-2006, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default so i went to a swap meet and found.....

man i havent been to a swap meet in at least 10 years, we got there at like 7am and man was it COLD!!!!! we walked the whole place and i didnt see anything i wanted/needed untill about the last 2 rows, i had walked down a isle and saw out of the corner of my eye a red k frame and upper and lower arms all tubular and i didnt think much of it, kinda figured it was for a mustang discust , but my buddy had stopped there and was looking at some other parts so i looked a little closer and realised that i was looking at BMR Tubular ls1 k frame with upper and lower arms all powder coated red and never installed, so i know what that stuff goes for ($1200) and decided to ask, just for a laugh, the guy says it was his buddies and it was for a 99 camaro, then he says he aint taking it home Laughing so i ask how much?
he says $600, i was like umm ok, and he says again he aint taking it home, so we walk away cus i only got $275 in my pocket.
Well we walk down the isle i make a phone call to check on what i just saw to make sure and confirm what it is, after i confirm it is for a ls1 i ask my buddy how much $$ he got in his pocket he has me covered he says, so we walk back and the guy goes make me a offer, i say $300 he laughs, i laugh and keep going, we walk around some more and i see some of the guys from the shop a isle over selling stuff, now i got a place to put these parts so i dont have to drag them 2 miles to where we parked, now im interested
we go back i see the guy now all of the sudden he is like ill take the $300 but just for the k frame, i counter with $475 for everything and my buddy pulls the $200 im short out and we show him the $$$ and he says screw it it aint my parts and i aint taking it home...LOL

so we grab up the parts and also there was a front sway bar there also we got with the deal

looks like i got another winter project
Old 10-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

whenever you are ready.. bring the car over, we can get started. I'm sure we can get that stuff on there, we;ll have all winter to work on it LOL.

Just get to the track first and blow teh motor, so we can yank that too while we're at it.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

Just get to the track first and blow teh motor, so we can yank that too while we're at it.

i dont think it will blow up, smoke some maybe but hey its tired, i want to get the NX kit wired up and see how that feels, i am dying to try the NX

id like to get to the track in the next few weeks with this good air that is coming around

and if it blows up, then spring time comes a nice ESP402
Old 10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.. good find!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 PM

Awesome.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty sweet deal man. I love swap meets...
Old 10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey CHEF, when are you going to finish your car? Better yet when are you coming up with that blackberry Brandy

Old 10-15-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chef, who's that in the background?

Old 10-15-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great score
BTLFEDSS
Old 10-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by B-MAN
Hey Chef, who's that in the background?

some dude that looks like a terrorist LOL
Old 10-16-2006, 06:14 AM

LMAO, yea i need to get my **** together and get the car finished, especially now that i have a daily driver and dont have to worry about how i will get to work if i break the ws6
Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Race your car!

yeah.. get your **** together LOL... so when are your tools and that hunk o transam getting brought to my house for the winter? sooner the better LOL. I found a propane heater I can get for teh garage this winter.. but with teh amount of work that needs to be done (which also seems like it insreases every time I talk to you LOL) we'd better get started soon.

So far, the list has on it new carpet (LW I assume), now a ka member swap, a arm swap, HAL shock install, weight reduction, and who knows what other parts you're gonna pick up between now and the time it actually gets to my house. My garage is gonna have more of your crap in it then my own LOL.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
yeah.. get your **** together LOL... so when are your tools and that hunk o transam getting brought to my house for the winter? sooner the better LOL. I found a propane heater I can get for teh garage this winter.. but with teh amount of work that needs to be done (which also seems like it insreases every time I talk to you LOL) we'd better get started soon.

So far, the list has on it new carpet (LW I assume), now a ka member swap, a arm swap, HAL shock install, weight reduction, and who knows what other parts you're gonna pick up between now and the time it actually gets to my house. My garage is gonna have more of your crap in it then my own LOL.

we need to hook up and get my tools and stuff, with your truck cus i got no way to get it there, cus even though i use my ws6 like a elcamino the tool box wont fit
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Race your car!

nice LOL. trusk is going in for some service this wednesday, I hopefully will have it back by Friday. Friday night I have somethign going on, and saturday afternoon I have a halloween party @ my brother in law's house...... but Sunday I'm free. maybe Sunday we can start. I think I'm already gonna have to reorganize my garage LOL, and it's only been done since august

I need to put some shelves and stuff up, but I don't want to do any of that until after hte electrical is done next summer, and the insulation/sheetrock is up, no sense in doing it until then, unless I get somefreestanding metal shelves to put in there for now. Plus I need to offload all teh old motor parts too, that stuff is taking up a bunch of dead space too. we'll move stuff around once we make a trip up with some of your collection... how many mice and whatnot are we gonna have to scare out of it LOL... you better plan on a whole day, you're gonn ahave to clean that toolbox up ya know.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 AM

haha yea the tool box needs to be cleaned off there is some good dust on it but we need to figure out some electrical so we got lights and HEAT, cus if there aint no heat i aint working in there
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MADMAN is in the background of the one hehe....
Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by thechef
haha yea the tool box needs to be cleaned off there is some good dust on it but we need to figure out some electrical so we got lights and HEAT, cus if there aint no heat i aint working in there

I have ghetto power out there right now LOL. I've got an extension cord running out there.... one big *** 300 watt light on the ceiling and it's not that bad. If I puta 2nd out there, I'm sure it would be more then bright enough. I think a 2nd cord outside might be a good idea though, just to run other things.

Summit has a heater that runs off a gas grill propane bottle... it can put out like 42000 BTU LOL, that's enough to heat the place in about 10 minutes, and probably melt or catch on fire anything withing 10 feet of it LOL. they have a couple smaller ones too..... they're on my list of stuff to order from summit when the wife finally lets me spend $ again. The heater is like 100 bucks for the big one, there's a small one for 60 I think too. I saw them in an e-mail ad I got at home the other day... small one would probably work if I went out and turned it on 1/2 an hour before actual work started.

Can always get an electric heater from walmart too, and plug that in, but stuff like that, like I said will require a 2nd cord, so the circuit doesn't get popped.

Driveway is getting done in the spring first, then the house service gets done, and then the garage power gets run. I don't think the city is gonna know there's power in the garage, so I'm gonna do that after the house service is upped.. my brother in law's nephew is an electrician, and I'm gonna get him to do it on the side... most of the garage wiring I can do myself, it's just drilling holes in 2x4's and running wire.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Race your car!

chef gimmie a call later tonite, after 8:30... got a couple ??'s for ya.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:52 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a nice pile of doody you stepped in at the swap meet Rob!

Search this Thread